Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: American Reckoning (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70722)

faith1985 07-20-2020 04:58 PM

If you analyse it for what you guys said, of course you can dislik it if you focus on it that way, but flat as in no deep meaning I do not get...

I sometimes think that rating music takes away what music partly stands for

faith1985 07-20-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265695)
However many weeks later, I stand by my rating of 7 out of 10. I agree with what people are saying, it's needs a melodic hook. August 7th is a downer of a song but it's at least musically compelling. Melodically this ain't doing it for me BUT I can still say I like the song and the way it's written.

Many days, you mean, right? ;-)

GabrielC 07-20-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265695)
However many weeks later, I stand by my rating of 7 out of 10. I agree with what people are saying, it's needs a melodic hook. August 7th is a downer of a song but it's at least musically compelling. Melodically this ain't doing it for me BUT I can still say I like the song and the way it's written.

I agree.

But I totally get that people may find the song flat musically, too.

Captain_jovi 07-20-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265697)
Many days, you mean, right? ;-)

Has it only been a few days? Haha it legit feels like April still.

I agree with you in that it's not flat in meaning, just in melody. The lyrics are pretty powerful and paint an emotional picture.

Rdkopper 07-20-2020 06:25 PM

For me, Jon's voice has always been the driving force behind all songs. Take that away and that's 90% of it.

It not that there are no bad songs in the 80s and 90s. There is no bad vocals from the 80s and 90s.

These vocals on this current song were done in his home studio and you can tell they were not fully masted as they would be on a final album. And because of that, it's a fail for me

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

faith1985 07-20-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265699)
Has it only been a few days? Haha it legit feels like April still.

I agree with you in that it's not flat in meaning, just in melody. The lyrics are pretty powerful and paint an emotional picture.

It was released on the 10th I think but yeah, seems like ages ago for me too :-D.

Today, I was like: Oh, it is July and in a few days you are closer to 40 than to 30 and I cannot believe it is summer. My feeling for time is totally messed-up

Captain_jovi 07-20-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265703)

These vocals on this current song were done in his home studio and you can tell they were not fully masted as they would be on a final album. And because of that, it's a fail for me

I don't understand this point. His vocals are typically recorded at his home studio, they very well could have been recorded there and mastered elsewhere. Has it been confirmed he recorded it at home? I assume so but I didn't see any specifics.

Rdkopper 07-21-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265710)
I don't understand this point. His vocals are typically recorded at his home studio, they very well could have been recorded there and mastered elsewhere. Has it been confirmed he recorded it at home? I assume so but I didn't see any specifics.

I have an ear for these things.

bonjovi90 07-21-2020 12:41 AM

I just think it was a rushed job. His home studio may not be state of the art anymore, but certainly good enough to have all the equipment to record a clean vocal track for Shanks to work with. It simply sounds bad because there's no wall of sound in this track where you can disguise Jon by robotic vocals.

Captain_jovi 07-21-2020 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1265721)
I just think it was a rushed job. His home studio may not be state of the art anymore, but certainly good enough to have all the equipment to record a clean vocal track for Shanks to work with. It simply sounds bad because there's no wall of sound in this track where you can disguise Jon by robotic vocals.

Yeah this. His vocals are almost always recorded at home, it's the after processing that might be a little different. It literally does not matter where he records his vocals.