Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: American Reckoning (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70722)

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265440)
Aloha !

How so?

The concept of the death of a black man by using excessive violence by a police officer is shocking and just plain wrong yet those who crucify Jon for writing a story about it are more angry about those who speak up as opposed to the fact that such a thing often happens. It's the direct reflection of how little a large group of people care about the racial injustice in America and shows why the movement was and is needed.

Yeah, God forbid an artist writes about the things that move him. People dismissing the voice of a celebrity whenever he's spreading his or her political opinion are only fed up with it if it doesn't go with their agenda. And besdes, you've voted a celebrity in the White House.

Salaam Aleikum,

Sebastiaan

Because there is a bigger picture going on... All of the mainstream media in the US are controlled by three major corporations who essentially control everything... This also includes Hollywood and Celebrities.

Every president leading up to Trump has been their puppet. However, because they can not control Trump they will do everything in their power to keep this country divided. Not only with the Left and Right , but with the Corona Virus, and now with George Floyd. They somehow turned George Floyd into a political divide of left vs right which should have never been the case.

Like I stated. The George Floyd situation is tragic. The guy was a dirty cop and deserves every punishment he gets. The problem is, he doesn't represent ever police office in this country. I support BLM and peaceful protests. Change is necessary.. but what I don't support are, police officers as a whole getting a bad name for it, innocent police officers getting killed over it, defunding NYC police officers, etc. De Blasio would rather troll Trump by painting BLM in front of Trump Towers, meanwhile the crime rate is at a record high in NYC.

You can still be supportive and not follow the social media propaganda. Like the Seinfeld episode when Kramer was walking in the Aids Race but didn't want to wear the ribbon. He was there for support but didn't want to follow the trend.

Reminder, this is the same country that voted for a black president not once but twice (myself included) so we're not as divided as the media wants you to think.
Trump has done more for the black community than any preceding president but the media will never mention it because they want control.

I'm more in the middle. I'd say I have more conservative values but I'm not so far Right where I can't listen, understand, and support the other side.

There is a silent majority out there who are going to vote for Trump, not because they love Trump but they are sick of the mainstream media. And as long as they keep dividing, the more they are pushing Trump toward victory. The Dems are just too stupid to figure that out.

The Democrats go after the low informed voter and that's why the media will only let you know what they want you to know. It's communism.

I was waiting for the one idiot to write what you wrote above because it is a lose / lose. However I think if Jon wanted to write a nice tribute song to George Floyd the way he did for Kurt Cobain through his daughter in Lonely At The Top, I think the Right side would be more accepting but he basically just rewote headlines, which is Politics101 and people aren't as dumb as you think and see right through all that. This is the same guy who supported Evil Hillary so everyone knows he's got a bigger agenda.

And just for the record, I attended a protest and donated money to BLM which is more than what most people have done.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1265439)
But that's not entirely true or why would they be okay with those celebrities that agree with their narrative like Jon Voight, James Woods, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Who are all pretty much blackballed from Hollywood.

bjcrazycpa 07-11-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265448)
Yep. Who are all pretty much blackballed from Hollywood.

I actually think Voight is fabulous in Ray Donovan so he's still working.

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265445)
I only see white people complaining about the song, they're probably Trump voters.

That would be the only logical choice. Don't believe everything you see on TV and Social Media... Take it one step further and do your own research.

Thinny 07-11-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265438)
Bon Jovi fans don’t want real life shoved down their throats when they play Bon Jovi, they listen to Jovi to escape, to bash the steering wheel when the chorus comes on, to air guitar the solo, to fist pump in the air to the stadium anthems.

Do they want songs about living their lives and climbing mountians? If so, maybe they are part of the problem?

Or do they want songs about being Wild In The Streets and 99 In the Shade. From an almost 60 year old?

Sorry but the Bon Jovi you described dissapeared a long time ago...

steel_horse75 07-11-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1265451)
Do they want songs about living their lives and climbing mountians? If so, maybe they are part of the problem?

Or do they want songs about being Wild In The Streets and 99 In the Shade. From an almost 60 year old?

Sorry but the Bon Jovi you described dissapeared a long time ago...

I know and that’s why I don’t like the new music. It does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 07-11-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265443)
Aloha !

Yeah. That must be why Keep The Faith, Hey God, Undivided, These Days, Two Story Town, Have A Nice Day, Fear, All I Want Is Everything, Save A Prayer all so universally hated.

Bon Jovi used to be big exactly because they were writing about real life. They wrote about the upsides and downsides in a blunt and direct way. Once they strayed away from this and started writing in vague metaphors and cliches the lyrical quality went downhill as no one could related anymore.

Maybe the idea that you need to be faced with stuff like this through a Bon Jovi song and not through life itself shows it's you who's been living in a bubble and not part of the life Bon Jovi writes about? You've never experienced the injustice a large part of the world deals with on a day to day basis. The very idea that people get upset when someone writes about the needless death of a black man caused by a cop who used unnecessary violence shows why artists need to write about stuff like this. You're obviously not getting educated on the subject anywhere else.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

They used to write about real life but in a fun rocking way and in a way 100m people related. Where’s the catchy choruses now?where’s the riffs, where’s the songs people want to hear? Nowhere as the last album was garbage and so too is 2020 so far.
How many people from then still like Jovi for their modern day music. I’d say 5% tops. No one is buying the new music. Not due to streaming not due to piracy. Due to it being utter garbage.

They want Bon Jovi stadium gods not Jon being a piss poor Bruce impersonator jumping on the current trend.

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265453)
They used to write about real life but in a fun rocking way and in a way 100m people related. Where’s the catchy choruses now?where’s the riffs, where’s the songs people want to hear? Nowhere as the last album was garbage and so too is 2020 so far.
How many people from then still like Jovi for their modern day music. I’d say 5% tops. No one is buying the new music. Not due to streaming not due to piracy. Due to it being utter garbage.

They want Bon Jovi stadium gods not Jon being a piss poor Bruce impersonator jumping on the current trend.

I've been on this board since 2002 and I feel like you've just genuinely been miserable about the band's output. 5%? You're speaking for yourself. You don't like it and that's fine but you're just so crusty. No one is forcing you to enjoy it.

nickolai 07-11-2020 10:43 PM

Rate: American Reckoning

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265453)

Got to agree.

August 7 4:15 was one of the most morbid and real songs written ever by Jon.

He made the song decent by turning it into a punchy rock song, a lot like Undivided. This new shite is bordering on political (which will divide people) and it’s not even good musically

Alphavictim 07-11-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1265456)
Got to agree.

August 7 4:15 was one of the most morbid and real songs written ever by Jon.

He made the song decent by turning it into a punchy rock song, a lot like Undivided. This new shite is bordering on political (which will divide people) and it’s not even good musically

August 7 4:15 is almost a note for note rip off of Rocking In The Free World. I like the sentiment of him having written the song, but if you're seriously gonna claim that THIS song is a testament to JBJ's creativity, you got a weird sense of humor.