Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Real Life (Single) 1999 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44575)

Ferret 03-22-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKKDARK (Post 814023)
I never said they were masterpieces. You fail.

The 3 singles from Crush did better than the crappy Real Life.

haha :sleeping:

I fail at what exactly? Real Life is miles better than half of Crush.
________
YAMAHA XJ600

Crushgen24/88 03-22-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 814058)

The only song of Crush I'd drop for Real Life is She's A Mystery (Hate that song)
As for Real Life, lyrically I love it. Musically I think it's a bit flat.

Captain_jovi 03-22-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele (Post 813937)
I LOVED it. Absolutely loved it. I played the single all the time in 1999 and it gave me great expectations for the upcoming album... I thought that the album would be great too. But then Crush was released, that ****ing piece of shit.

As the lyrics of Real Life are strictly related to movies and the song was released a whole year before Crush, I don't think there would have been any sense at all to include it on the album.

I don't think the lyrics had anything to do with it not making Crush. You have a point with the time period though. I think it's funny that there's a clip from an interview from that era where Jon says he wrote the song for the movie, which in no way can be true. Oh well. I still really dig the song, dislike the box set version and love the orchestra outro. I'd love to combine the two versions but for some reason one of them is half a step lower. Or half a step higher in key. I wish I knew why.

Crushgen24/88 03-22-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 814090)
I don't think the lyrics had anything to do with it not making Crush. You have a point with the time period though. I think it's funny that there's a clip from an interview from that era where Jon says he wrote the song for the movie, which in no way can be true. Oh well. I still really dig the song, dislike the box set version and love the orchestra outro. I'd love to combine the two versions but for some reason one of them is half a step lower. Or half a step higher in key. I wish I knew why.

Doesn't Jon say in the Box Set booklet (or maybe the DVD) that Bruce Faiburn helped them pick the song for EDTV before they recorded, and that it was part of the original batch of songs for the album that became Crush?

Sambo-Chris 03-22-2008 09:45 AM

I never really liked this song.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 03-22-2008 01:09 PM

A bit pop but it's a cool song, I like it. Might fall a bit flat live though.

BTW is EdTV worth watching? Never seen it personally...

Not Old_Just Older 03-22-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 814111)
A bit pop but it's a cool song, I like it. Might fall a bit flat live though.

BTW is EdTV worth watching? Never seen it personally...

I think its a good movie. The whole reality show element works and the cast is great. I think it tanked beacause it came out at the same as "The truman show"

hackster73 03-22-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Old_Just Older (Post 814113)
I think its a good movie. The whole reality show element works and the cast is great. I think it tanked beacause it came out at the same as "The truman show"

Well worth watching.

Edtv is an idea that is probably more possible now than ever.

It really could happen.

JKKDARK 03-22-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 814058)

You're denying certain songs weren't masterpieces when I never said they were masterpieces before. That's why you fail.

Real Life can be better for you. But most of the people prefer any Crush single over Real Life, that's what the charts and sales are telling me.

Ferret 03-22-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKKDARK (Post 814179)
You're denying certain songs weren't masterpieces when I never said they were masterpieces before. That's why you fail.

Real Life can be better for you. But most of the people prefer any Crush single over Real Life, that's what the charts and sales are telling me.

Charts mean **** all. 2/3 of the Crush singles bombed in nearly every country. Thank You For Loving Me was number one in Argentina, number 12 in UK and number 57 in the USA. That's hardly a smash hit, in anywhere other than Argentina.

From the looks of this thread, most people here like/love Real Life. And I've seen a negative vibe about Crush on here. And since when does a song's popularity effect how good it is?
________
Rampage Concept