Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Robbies New Single (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31603)

jess 09-14-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweety_b
Same for me Jess. Reggae just does not fit with Robbie I think.
I didn't like Misunderstood too much, but I think taht Come Undone is one of Robbie's best songs ever

Ah ! heard it twice now ! yes, sounds strange first but still Robbie's style ... Not the best i heard but not so bad ! :)

sarafo 09-29-2005 05:38 PM

The song really threw me off when i first heard it...but as a loyal Robbie fan, i listneed to it more, and its started to grow on me, and now i like it. On his website, you can listen to Tripping and Make Me Pure - the next single, which is...decidedly un-reggae.

Radio and Misunderstood weren't great singles, but their success just shows how loyal Robbie's fans are...but he needs to release something really good soon, because loyalty doesn't last forever when less than what fans are expecting comes out. Hopefully Tripping will maybe surprise some non-Robbie fans, and he'll expand his fan base. hopefully.

jess 09-29-2005 07:58 PM

The video is bad :( saw it a few times and can't see anything good in it :( maybe because with Robbie we always expect something really special.

sarafo 09-30-2005 12:05 PM

The video is kind of amusing, but gets old pretty damn fast.

WILDJOVIMAN 09-30-2005 02:03 PM

iīve bought the single one hour ago. i think itīs a great song !!

clarity 10-04-2005 11:39 PM

Funny to see your reactions :) I'm not a Robbie fan. At all. But I think Tripping is
actually quite a good song. It reminded me of Depeche Mode somewhat. Which
is a good thing obviously. I was very sick & tired of his 'Feel'-kinda-crap, so
hurray for Robbie then.

Neurotica80 10-06-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarafo
The song really threw me off when i first heard it...but as a loyal Robbie fan, i listneed to it more, and its started to grow on me, and now i like it. On his website, you can listen to Tripping and Make Me Pure - the next single, which is...decidedly un-reggae.

Just seen the video for Make me pure. Its a lot more listenable that Tripping but it sounds like a very average album track :S I wont be buying his CD till ive heard at least 2 more songs from it. cos if they're all like those I wont bother.

Kev 10-08-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Just seen the video for Make me pure. Its a lot more listenable that Tripping but it sounds like a very average album track :S I wont be buying his CD till ive heard at least 2 more songs from it. cos if they're all like those I wont bother.

Oh dear. Is it that bad Carli? Hmmm, well I will get it for ya ;) so you can listen to it before you actually go out and buy it, So far, I havent heard any positive reviews about this new record. Iv still only heard Tripping off the latest album, but from what people have been saying, Im not looking forward to hearing the rest. :(

Yvonne 10-09-2005 12:46 PM

Robbie should just give it up and retire!

clarity 10-09-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
Robbie should just give it up and retire!

That's actually not such a bad idea.

He should have a long time ago.

At least before 'Feel'...