Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Meet-Up (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Looking for company for the London show (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70439)

Walleris 10-29-2018 01:41 PM

Looking for company for the London show

YES, I the mighty hater, decided to see Bon Jovi in 2019. It will be 8 years since the last time and I thought why not use this chance to put this once great band out of my misery and try to have fun one last time.

That being said, I recently moved to London (studying masters here) and haven't found any friends who would be Bon Jovi fans (and I'm not gonna try to persuade any classmate to spend £100 or so for this performance).

I heard stories about JT community meet-ups during previous tours, not sure if it's still a thing or not? If so, I'd love to join and meet some of you in person for the first time finally! OR if there's anyone here in a similar position, let's group together, enjoy some food and beers and hopefully the show.

Let me know :)

mo_rizwan 10-29-2018 02:37 PM

Wembley gig's on a Friday.

So, shall we say Wednesday (19th) or Thursday (20th) in Central London?

If anyone's staying near Wembley, there is a shopping centre near the stadium.

Whatever gets decided, I'm in :)

Walleris 10-31-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1246351)
Wembley gig's on a Friday.

So, shall we say Wednesday (19th) or Thursday (20th) in Central London?

If anyone's staying near Wembley, there is a shopping centre near the stadium.

Whatever gets decided, I'm in :)

I'm more looking for go company at the actual gig. But a meet-up with more people the day before sounds great as well :)

Captain Walrus 11-04-2018 10:22 PM

It's looking unlikely that I'll be going to the gig, but I do fully intend to be at the meetup!

Chris_Newton 11-21-2018 03:38 PM

Me and the missus are coming for the gig and happy to meet up with other jovi fans for a drink before the show

faith1985 12-13-2018 11:12 AM

If it is still on I would like to join too. I am planning on being in London from the 20th.

mo_rizwan 01-31-2019 06:25 AM

OK, so I've managed to secure a ticket for myself instead of working at the show in fear of being put somewhere where I won't be able to see them. I'm in Block 146, so it's a seated ticket (side-view, but close to the stage).

Like I've stated before, we can do a meetup the previous evening (doesn't have to be near the stadium). and then on the day (for those of you who have seated tickets or don't wanna queue early) we could hang around the new shopping centre that was built after the stadium reconstruction was complete in 2007.

So yeah, let me know what you all think. For those of you that are staying in London, if you let me know what areas, then I can plan a rough idea of Locations where we can meet....IF we plan one for the previous evening :)

Captain Walrus 02-10-2019 02:23 PM

I'm now pretty certain I won't be going to the show, so won't be around on the Friday, but the Thursday evening sounds good!

TheOriginalJez 02-15-2019 09:04 PM

I'll hopefully be there, but it'd definitely be a travel down on the 20th job so I'd be out on the Friday after the gig rather than before it.

Sarah0208 05-01-2019 06:53 PM

Hi. I'm going to the Liverpool show so can't meet up, but I'm going on my own, this will be my 3rd time seeing Bon Jovi. In my experience when you get there everyone is in such a good mood you'll be fine, everyone enjoys it together :) I've ended up chatting to random people (before the show starts) and been fine. Standing is generally better for this though x