Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dave Says He's got the Corona Virus!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70692)

rocknation 03-22-2020 02:08 AM

Dave Says He's got the Corona Virus!!!

DavidBryanMusic on Instagram:
I just got my results back today and tested positive for corona virus. I’ve been sick for a week and feeling better each day. Please don’t be afraid!!! It’s the flu not the plague. I’ve have been quarantined for a week and will for another week. And when I feel better I’ll get tested again to make sure I’m free of this nasty virus. Please help out each other. This will be over soon... with the help of every American !!

TheseDaysEra 03-22-2020 03:06 AM

just saw this. hope he gets over it. He's not a kid anymore but he hardly falls in the 'risk' group either, I reckon, unless he has any health issues we're not aware of ? Anyways, hope not. Get better soon Dave.

angelsambo 03-22-2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1262502)
[B]. Please don’t be afraid!!! It’s the flu not the plague

what an irresponsible comment

Walleris 03-22-2020 09:34 AM

I'm sure he will manage. If this was Tico I'd be a lot more worried.

richiefan95 03-22-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1262509)

Can fully agree. Italy has the biggest crisis since the world war. 800 people died only yesterday. In my home in Austria everybody has to stay home and is only allowed for work and shopping to go out and Dave puts out such a stupid statement.

JoviForever 03-22-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1262511)
Can fully agree. Italy has the biggest crisis since the world war. 800 people died only yesterday. In my home in Austria everybody has to stay home and is only allowed for work and shopping to go out and Dave puts out such a stupid statement.

I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s not telling people to carry on as normal like some stupid celebrities. I think he’s trying to stop people from panicking. Of course there are people not as lucky as him as he must have relatively mild symptoms but I wouldn’t call him stupid.

NicoRourke 03-22-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, it made me react as well, it's even more irresponsible considering his platform.

JackieBlue 03-22-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1262515)
I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s not telling people to carry on as normal like some stupid celebrities. I think he’s trying to stop people from panicking. Of course there are people not as lucky as him as he must have relatively mild symptoms but I wouldn’t call him stupid.

I agree. There's a big difference between saying "Don't be afraid" and saying "Don't be cautious". People seem to forget that for the vast majority of those who get the virus, the symptoms are mild. With the media primarily focusing only on the worst case scenarios, people are panicking. According to the medical experts (when their comments aren't filtered through the press), if people exercise normal health precautions, the majority will be fine.

semigoodlooking 03-23-2020 03:15 AM

I took it to mean he was telling fans not to be afraid on his behalf. Like, "Don't worry, I am recovering". Either way, who's looking to their rockstars for responsible comments?

TheseDaysEra 03-23-2020 03:48 AM

Quote:

I know what he meant. It was probably just a poor choice of words but he oughta be careful, he's a celebrity and words influence people. Or it could have been the case that Dave's just another one of THOSE who claim Covid19 is 'just another flu' - it's not. Either way, he oughta rectify that post.