Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Theoretical Super Deluxe Editions with existing material (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70669)

rokuli 01-05-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1260574)
Fun fact - there is an 8 hour rough cut of Access All Areas which I plan to get my hands on one day.

Well that surely is interesting!

Thinny 01-05-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1260574)
Fun fact - there is an 8 hour rough cut of Access All Areas which I plan to get my hands on one day.

8 Hours!? Holy smokes...

Thinny 01-05-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1260577)
Video would be a strench, but they could easily do archive audio releases like Springsteen and that could be done relatively cheaply - I doubt they would achieve huge sales but almost certainly enough to make the money back and make a bit of profit.

I think Bon Jovi released more Live B-Sides than any other band I can think of. There must be so many whole shows just sitting there gathering dust...such a waste...

Captain_jovi 01-05-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1260577)
Video would be a strench, but they could easily do archive audio releases like Springsteen and that could be done relatively cheaply - I doubt they would achieve huge sales but almost certainly enough to make the money back and make a bit of profit.

You're not wrong, I just can't see anyone in that organization putting work in for something that they'd more than likely even out on. It need to be done right to make the money they'd want to make and that'd raise costs crazily.

I just want it to happen though haha. Gimme as many older songs as possible, I'll pay.

Supersonic 01-06-2020 09:03 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1260582)
I think Bon Jovi released more Live B-Sides than any other band I can think of. There must be so many whole shows just sitting there gathering dust...such a waste...

I'm not so sure about that. Most live songs the band have released originate from radio and/or TV broadcasts. I'd say 90% of what they've released was out there before in one way or the other.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kathleen 01-06-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260583)
Gimme as many older songs as possible, I'll pay.

You are not alone....

rolo_tomachi 01-06-2020 06:03 PM

I would like to have An Evening with Bon Jovi on an anniversary release, remastered on DVD + CD as other bands / artists have released over time.

I would also like to have an extended assembly of Wembley 1995 in a new 1080p or 4k transfer, since this concert was filmed with 16 mm cameras cinema, so it could happen.

See what the new INXS relaunch looks like in Wembley 91.

But being realistic will not happen.

I think a new 40th anniversary box set is most likely, that would be fantastic, if they lauch another 50 songs from the vaults I would blow my head, it would be incredible.

rokuli 01-06-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1260594)
I would like to have An Evening with Bon Jovi on an anniversary release, remastered on DVD + CD as other bands / artists have released over time.

Well you got that already with numerous bonus tracks & rehearsals:

https://www.discjapan.com/product/bo...-laf-18141817/

I wouldn't mind more audio/video quality but to me these additional tracks & studio chatter is the real treat.

bonjovi90 01-06-2020 09:27 PM

I honestly don't get the obsession with re-releases of stuff that had been out there for decades.

- An Evening With Bon Jovi: There are HD remasters out there that were made by professionals in TV studios from the Laserdisc release. It's unlikely a re-release would feature much better quality. AND we have all 4 nights uncut - 2 rehearsals, 2 nights of recording - all from the Soundboard. That's almost 11 hours of audio material on its own.

- Wembley 95: Yeah, the venue was epic, but there's a reason why most of the second half got cut. Jon's voice really faded away that night and even the last 3 songs on the DVD had a lot of overdubs from other shows added. Plus, the footage either belongs to ABC or BBC who had filmed this, so the raw film (if still alive) most likely isn't in the Bon Jovi camp.

If they'd open the vaults, then please show us something the fans haven't seen yet instead of the gazillionth version of something that had already been around one way or the other.

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1260599)
I honestly don't get the obsession with re-releases of stuff that had been out there for decades.

- An Evening With Bon Jovi: There are HD remasters out there that were made by professionals in TV studios from the Laserdisc release. It's unlikely a re-release would feature much better quality. AND we have all 4 nights uncut - 2 rehearsals, 2 nights of recording - all from the Soundboard. That's almost 11 hours of audio material on its own.

- Wembley 95: Yeah, the venue was epic, but there's a reason why most of the second half got cut. Jon's voice really faded away that night and even the last 3 songs on the DVD had a lot of overdubs from other shows added. Plus, the footage either belongs to ABC or BBC who had filmed this, so the raw film (if still alive) most likely isn't in the Bon Jovi camp.

If they'd open the vaults, then please show us something the fans haven't seen yet instead of the gazillionth version of something that had already been around one way or the other.

I agree with that.