Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

severo17 05-06-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 986796)
Aloha !

Bonus tracks from that era my ass. Only Lonely is from the soundcheck of Seattle 2010. Further on, Hook Me Up is from Hammerstein Ballroom, audio of that has been cerculating for years, it's even available on youtube. All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Great... That's fantastic to know... :(

Bleeding Purist 05-06-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Bonus tracks from that era my ass. Only Lonely is from the soundcheck of Seattle 2010. Further on, Hook Me Up is from Hammerstein Ballroom, audio of that has been cerculating for years, it's even available on youtube. All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Did you get a chance to hear these in full?

The Lost Highway tracks are disappointing since my first thought was I hoped they didn't use the tracks from the one-off A&E special. Then again, one less disc to consider at all.

I am interested in the Bounce tracks. I never got Hammerstein in very good quality since I had to have someone else record it for me at the time and they botched it by recording while using the cable converter box as the volume controller...so it recorded with the volume near it's lowest without being on mute.

Overall, the less I need to even consider any of these, the better. There just isn't enough overall value to seriously consider these.

Supersonic 05-06-2010 10:35 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 986804)
Did you get a chance to hear these in full?

I am interested in the Bounce tracks. I never got Hammerstein in very good quality since I had to have someone else record it for me at the time and they botched it by recording while using the cable converter box as the volume controller...so it recorded with the volume near it's lowest without being on mute.

Overall, the less I need to even consider any of these, the better. There just isn't enough overall value to seriously consider these.

No, I haven't heard them in full, but I spoke to Thierry this afternoon and we both recognized the same songs. And regarding Hammerstein; I'm sure someone on that other forum can help you out. :)

I honestly don't understand how someone like Obie who has seen millions of shows can claim that he picked kick ass versions of songs and then putting songs from the Lost Highway DVD on it, a show on which the band was lackulustre and struggled to get into the show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 05-06-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Oh man :( I was looking so forward to a nice rare recording from Only Lonely from the Fahrenheit era. Why not taking it from a show like Frankfurt '85, where Jon sang his heart out on stage and delivered an amazing performance??? And if they want to take it from this tour, then why Seattle? At this point Jon sounded flat and awful. Why not taking it from Philly night 2 where his voice was already in a much better condition and the band sounded much tighter.

They just don't have a ****in' clue...never...:(

Captain_jovi 05-06-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

All the songs on Lost Highway are coming from the Lost Highway DVD. Some songs have a fade in as the intro instead of the complete intro (Blood On Blood, In & Out Of Love) and on top of that the mixes aren't very good, they're part of Obie's mixing skills (obviously), which means Jon's too loud in the mix, all crowd noise is gone and everything sounds very flat.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

"Any Other Day" is 100 percent NOT from the LH dvd. Listening to the sample, it has the "My head's still spinning, yah you know why..." lyric change that took place later in the tour. I've already compared it to the Chicago dvd performance, it doesn't have it. Not sure about the rest of the tracks.

severo17 05-06-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 986812)
"Any Other Day" is 100 percent NOT from the LH dvd. Listening to the sample, it has the "My head's still spinning, yah you know why..." lyric change that took place later in the tour. I've already compared it to the Chicago dvd performance, it doesn't have it. Not sure about the rest of the tracks.

Maybe it's from the O2 show? He says that line in that performance :)

Captain_jovi 05-06-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by severo17 (Post 986814)
Maybe it's from the O2 show? He says that line in that performance :)

I didn't realize the line was changed as early as the O2 shows, my bad. It's definetely not from the LH dvd. I'd be pretty psyched if it were from the O2 show with Richie's amazing solo at the end, that'd be awesome to get that in good quality.

Thunderstrucker 05-06-2010 11:31 PM

Who Says is not of the DVD either.

I salute you,
TS

Kathleen 05-07-2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 986811)
Oh man :( I was looking so forward to a nice rare recording from Only Lonely from the Fahrenheit era. Why not taking it from a show like Frankfurt '85, where Jon sang his heart out on stage and delivered an amazing performance??? And if they want to take it from this tour, then why Seattle? At this point Jon sounded flat and awful. Why not taking it from Philly night 2 where his voice was already in a much better condition and the band sounded much tighter.

They just don't have a ****in' clue...never...:(

Thank you - you said it so I don't have to :(

Crushgen24/88 05-07-2010 08:53 AM

I haven't heard them, nor am I trying to argue with Seb as I'm sure he can tell live boots a lot better than I can. However, it's seem very strange and pointless to me to specify that the live tracks are "era specific" if they're not. They could have very easily said "Rare audio performances of the songs" or something to that affect, and it would have made little difference. if they're not from said eras, they made a mess for themselves for NO reason.It seems like an especially stupid move, even for an organization that's made many more than their share.