Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Thunderstrucker 04-20-2010 03:32 PM

I bet the arguement they will be using will be something like:
'If we put all bonustracks on one CD it won't be enjoyable to listen to when it comes to the different quality of each track. However, we think that when we include live-songs on the albums people will enjoy listening to it more'.

It is obvious that is done for easy cash.

I salute you,
TS

Avantasian 04-20-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 984887)
I actually agree with this. It'd be nice to have a decent sounding quality version of Love Is War.

It was released as a b-side to the japanese Living in sin single. Sounds decent to me.

danfan 04-20-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 984896)
It was released as a b-side to the japanese Living in sin single. Sounds decent to me.

I have that. It's not remastered. Volume has to be cranked for it to sound decent.

Supersonic 04-20-2010 06:23 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 984898)
I have that. It's not remastered. Volume has to be cranked for it to sound decent.

They've already remastered it, it's available on the Japanese 2CD remaster of New Jersey, so it is out there, just not for the masses. All the demo's for New Jersey are available in the same quality as the Livin' On A Prayer demo on the box set, so I don't see any point in releasing those on a 2CD.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-20-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984907)
Aloha !

They've already remastered it, it's available on the Japanese 2CD remaster of New Jersey, so it is out there, just not for the masses. All the demo's for New Jersey are available in the same quality as the Livin' On A Prayer demo on the box set, so I don't see any point in releasing those on a 2CD.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The fact that you have them doesn't mean that everyone has those demos in decent quality. I don't. I've been dying to get those in ages, without success yet. That's why I was disappointed in the boxset, because it ignored them due to Obie's shitty philosophy... those songs that are floating around somewhere should be released in official, remastered form. And there would have been space on the boxset... plenty actually.

So re-releasing New Jersey with a bonus disc would be a great option!

Supersonic 04-20-2010 06:59 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 984911)
The fact that you have them doesn't mean that everyone has those demos in decent quality. I don't. I've been dying to get those in ages, without success yet. That's why I was disappointed in the boxset, because it ignored them due to Obie's shitty philosophy... those songs that are floating around somewhere should be released in official, remastered form. And there would have been space on the boxset... plenty actually.

So re-releasing New Jersey with a bonus disc would be a great option!

If I can get them anyone can. They're not that hard to get. They've even been uploaded at dimeadozen a few times now, I think. But what you're saying is that you'd rather pay for that stuff to get them with some artwork instead of just downloading them for free because they leaked them on purpose?

I think I once even send you the demo's, you once gave me your adress didn't you? Anyway, there's no point in remastering something that's available in good quality. They remastered the demo of Prayer yet it doesn't sound a whole lot different compared to what was out there anyway.

Had the demo's from the 80's not been ignored we would've had less songs we'd never heard before. I'd rather get new songs in good quality than old songs I already have. That's why it was a good thing they even released some different takes on old b-sides.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-20-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984913)
Aloha !

If I can get them anyone can. They're not that hard to get. They've even been uploaded at dimeadozen a few times now, I think. But what you're saying is that you'd rather pay for that stuff to get them with some artwork instead of just downloading them for free because they leaked them on purpose?

I think I once even send you the demo's, you once gave me your adress didn't you? Anyway, there's no point in remastering something that's available in good quality. They remastered the demo of Prayer yet it doesn't sound a whole lot different compared to what was out there anyway.

Had the demo's from the 80's not been ignored we would've had less songs we'd never heard before. I'd rather get new songs in good quality than old songs I already have. That's why it was a good thing they even released some different takes on old b-sides.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

In my book a boxset should give the full picture, important B-sides (some of them made it to the box, other didn't), then those songs that are floating around but not as easy to get for everyone, and then of course unheard stuff. On 4 CDs there was plenty of space for that! Those unreleased songs are good enough to deserve the spot, and the easy access would justify it as well. I have the songs, but in crappy quality. I've never found a decent download.
On a sidenote, not all of those unheard songs on the boxset are that good. Some of them could really have stayed in the vault... well, especially since others did that I would like to have in decent quality for once.

JoviForever 04-20-2010 08:36 PM

Yet another way to fleece the fans. How much money do they need to make? Most of the albums must have had several releases already!

Rob 04-20-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San_jovi (Post 984894)
Why not just release one album of these tracks?

This band have really just become a business... their albums, particularly those of the last 10 years are not rock classics, and really don't need to be re released.

Because nobody would buy a compilation CD. By doing it this way they can make a hell of a lot more money out of it by selling their entire back catalogue again just with a couple of live songs bolted on the end. It stinks imo. Marketing bullshit.

JoviForever 04-20-2010 08:56 PM

The track-listings are on this site:

http://music.aol.com/artist/bon-jovi/album

Some have 2 extra tracks and some have 4.