Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

Simon 04-21-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 985022)
There is also another version available on the Target exclusive CD released with some of the Bounce demos on it.

Ah Ok... that's something I never got a hold on. Do you know where it was recorded? It also features a live version of "Misunderstood", I figure that's the one from the Grand Ballroom?

Supersonic 04-21-2010 04:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 984965)
Do you count DVDs???

Yes.

The 5th and 6th (forgot 1) live versions of Sleep are from Zurich and New York.
The 3rd and 4th (forgot 1) live versions of Faith are from Zurich and New York.
The other 2 live versions of Crash are from Zurich, New York (Grand Ballroom) and there isn't another, so that's 3 live versions
The other 3 live versions of Just Older are from Zurich, New York (Grand Ballroom) and New York (China Club).

Bounce was officially released for download on the American XS site. It was from Shepherds Bush, London, UK.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jungleland 04-21-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 984984)
I don't like when something is added to a album. SWW starts with Let It Rock (actually Pink Flamingos) and ends with Wild In The Streets - it i closed, nothing more belongs there. It should be kept as unique unit! I've always hated when bands like Def Leppard re-released their albums and added some songs to them. Well, this habit came to Bon Jovi land. On the other hand I wouldn't mind bonus disc. I like that Def Leppard remasterd their top albums and released each with a bonus disc with stuff from that era, they just didn't have to add anything to the original album.

So you praise and critizise the same Leppard albums. Only "Pyromania", "Hysteria" and "Adrenalize" have been reissued?!?!
They all have a bonus disc and Adrenalize and Hysteria have bonus songs after the actual album.

BTW: Who needs BJ remasters with Live songs ?? No one! Obie outdid himself again!

Johny 04-21-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland (Post 985069)
So you praise and critizise the same Leppard albums. Only "Pyromania", "Hysteria" and "Adrenalize" have been reissued?!?!
They all have a bonus disc and Adrenalize and Hysteria have bonus songs after the actual album.

BTW: Who needs BJ remasters with Live songs ?? No one! Obie outdid himself again!

Right. I like that they have remastered their albums and I like that they added a bonus disc to each. I don't like that they added some track to the actual albums. Another story is that the bonuses on the albums and on the bonus discs are b-sides from singles...

Nobody needs it but some people seem to be buying it.

Adam D 04-21-2010 09:07 PM

I'll buy These Days right away, and Keep The Faith and New Jersey at some point. Probably going to give the others a pass unless the live tracks wow me for some reason.

Grantos1 04-21-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 984931)
The track-listings are on this site:

http://music.aol.com/artist/bon-jovi/album

Some have 2 extra tracks and some have 4.

There is also a 'Tour Box' listed here.

So with these releases, are the album tracks remastered? All my albums are the original releases, so I can't vouch for how good / bad the remasters from a few years back are.

Dave 1986 04-22-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 985024)
Sounds like it'll cost a frigging fortune...but I want it.:cool:

Just looked on Play.com and they're all £7.99 each. So for all of them you're looking at around £80.

I'm sure I'll pick up some of these, particularly the 80's ones, though if I have the live tracks in any other shape or form I won't bother.

prouknow 04-22-2010 01:05 PM

Joey has been released as a bonus track on the Japanese version of TLFR, and on the cd-r promo in the UK...

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 985072)
Right. I like that they have remastered their albums and I like that they added a bonus disc to each. I don't like that they added some track to the actual albums. Another story is that the bonuses on the albums and on the bonus discs are b-sides from singles...

Nobody needs it but some people seem to be buying it.

Are you trying to be funny???

In the first place, those albums were badly in need of remastering. I'd have bought them for the albums alone (I skipped Adrenalize, as my fellow Leppard fans here know..I abhor that piece of shit.)

Then as for the B Sides being added.... the fact I may own Ride Into The Sun as the B side on my Hysteria 45 rpm single or Billy's Got a Gun (Live) on a cassette-single is all fine and dandy, but I don't use my phonograph anymore, or my tape deck. In fact, they are both out of commision. I also didn't own every single B side. Both the Adrenalize and Hysteria Deluxe packages serve as comprehensive packages to cover what came out with each album and their respective singles.

Some people seem to be buying it? I'd say the majority of Leppard fans did exactly that and had no complaints. Most would say it was exactly what they needed.

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 985086)
There is also a 'Tour Box' listed here.

So with these releases, are the album tracks remastered? All my albums are the original releases, so I can't vouch for how good / bad the remasters from a few years back are.

Then you're the perfect candidate to be in the market for these. Most of us own the remastered versions already so we would be buying the albums for just extra tracks tacked on.