Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50680)

StickToYourGuns45 04-19-2010 03:47 PM

Ten Classic Bon Jovi Albums Presented As Special Editions

From BonJovi.com

TEN CLASSIC BON JOVI ALBUMS PRESENTED AS SPECIAL EDITIONS FEATURING RARE RECORDINGS AS BONUS TRACKS
April 19, 2010

On May 11, Bon Jovi will re-release their classic studio albums as Special Editions. Each of the band’s first 10 albums-- Bon Jovi, 7800° Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway– will feature the original studio album tracks plus era-specific live recordings included as bonus tracks.

The bonus live tracks include songs taken from sound checks and concerts held in venues from all over the world, ranging from 500 seat theatres to massive football stadiums. Many of the live versions are extended, including “Get Ready” (Bon Jovi), “In and Out Of Love” (7800° Fahrenheit), “Blood on Blood” (New Jersey), “Keep The Faith” (Keep The Faith), and a duet featuring Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland performing “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” (Have A Nice Day) with the band.

This “Special Edition” collection will feature new packaging. Each CD will feature new artwork, including images from each period, and new liner notes documenting the band’s success through each stage of their twenty-five year career. Exclusive soft-pack versions will also contain reproductions of laminated tour credentials.

Additionally, each “Special Edition” will provide fans with the ability to gain “backstage access” to The Bon Jovi Vaults — a website being created to offer exclusive virtual content, including photos, tour memorabilia and additional live audio tracks.

Bon Jovi has set the bar for more than two decades as one of the most successful rock bands in the world. Globally, they have sold more than 120 million albums and performed more than 2,600 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 34 million fans.

Bon Jovi is currently touring in support of their most recent release, 2009’s The Circle, which debuted at No. 1 and features the hit singles “We Weren’t Born To Follow” and “Superman Tonight.” The Circle World Tour is slated to include 135 shows in 30 countries through 2011.

The band’s previous album, 2007’s Lost Highway, also made its debut at No. 1 on the album chart. The Lost Highway Tour ranked as the top-grossing concert tour of 2008.

Simon 04-19-2010 04:00 PM

This does very much sound like what Obie said about his super secret project. But as I know them, they wait till everybody bought all those 10 re-issues, and then they release a live boxset with all the bonus tracks and a bunch of other ones (like BTBMB with harmonica).

danfan 04-19-2010 04:09 PM

Wow - This sounds pretty cool. I'll probably pick up Slippery and New Jersey to test what they're putting on there for live tracks. Honestly, don't care much about buying Lost Highway or HAND again with live tracks. Already got live versions of those songs from the recent tours. Only interested in stuff recorded in 80's and 90's.

RSROCKS 04-19-2010 05:23 PM

Even though I really think it's just a lame attempt by the band to get more money by having us diehards buy the albums again, it sounds somewhat decent. I just don't wanna get my hopes up too high because in true Jovi fashion, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it lame.

Supersonic 04-19-2010 05:30 PM

Aloha !

I reckon that the audio you get access to will either be streaming audio or "high quality" MP3 files. And I think that Diamond Ring will be the song coming from a soundcheck; it was featured in the documentary so they had pro footage of it anyway.

Salaam Aleikum,.
Sebastiaan

severo17 04-19-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984750)
Aloha !

I reckon that the audio you get access to will either be streaming audio or "high quality" MP3 files. And I think that Diamond Ring will be the song coming from a soundcheck; it was featured in the documentary so they had pro footage of it anyway.

Salaam Aleikum,.
Sebastiaan

Supposedly the live version of the songs are from the era of the respective albums.

Johny 04-19-2010 07:06 PM

Another way how to get money from the dieahards because The Circle was and is a disappointment. I ain't gonna buy anything. As it's usual - the bonus live songs on the albums will be the already known from singles etc. I'll give a listen (in a shop) to the old albums but nothing new is expected.

Ferret 04-19-2010 07:16 PM

I object to the suggestion that Bon Jovi have ten classic albums.

What's more, these songs will be mixed by Obie, who can't mix for shit, and will no doubt be a poor selection.

crashed 04-19-2010 07:18 PM

Well, some of my old albums are getting a bit rough around the edges anyway. Just a pity they weren't releasing them a few days earlier as it's my wife's birthday on the 9th.

Guess I'll need to talk to her about repurchasing the entire catalogue, but it better tell me exactly what the tracks are on there.

Maybe the live content on the web will be something like at livecountingcrows.com where they have entire shows you can download. Though again, you gotta' pay for them. Shit if that's the case, I could bankrupt myself on Jovi.

danfan 04-19-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 984764)
Another way how to get money from the dieahards because The Circle was and is a disappointment. I ain't gonna buy anything. As it's usual - the bonus live songs on the albums will be the already known from singles etc. I'll give a listen (in a shop) to the old albums but nothing new is expected.

Basically.

Like I said, I'll buy one of the earlier ones just to see if they actually give us some new live material we haven't heard yet, or just some rehashing of stuff we have.

Just pisses me off that this is the 2nd time they're re-releasing the records but still ignoring Blaze of Glory. I'd kill to have that remastered and to hear some live songs Jon did on the DA tour.

Rob 04-20-2010 12:18 AM

What a load of shit. Another money making exercise. "I know, let's see if we can boost are album sales to 150 million". It's just a shame that there's so many gullable people out there who fall for this every time.

superkid 04-20-2010 04:50 AM

My Slippery When Wet is in poor condition and always skips during Social Disease. I'll buy that when it comes out and if it's good I may consider replacing New Jersey which isn't in bad shape but has lost the booklet.

Crushgen24/88 04-20-2010 05:26 AM

My Crush and TD are both really beat up, to the point where the digital files off the CD actually sound scratchy, so I'll probably pick those up. New Jersey as well, probably.

SexxAtraxxion 04-20-2010 05:26 AM

They should release a compilation with all the New Jersey outtakes,

Best regards,
the Sexx

Savvi 04-20-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 984861)

Best regards,
the Sexx

Yeah re-releasing New Jersey as a double disc like it was originally suppose to be. Id buy that!!

Thunderstrucker 04-20-2010 02:50 PM

Because I have a digipack-fetisch I might some of the albums and get rid of the older versions I have. I also am curious what the new artwork would look like.

I salute you,
TS

danfan 04-20-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 984861)

Best regards,
the Sexx

I actually agree with this. It'd be nice to have a decent sounding quality version of Love Is War.

severo17 04-20-2010 02:52 PM

7800º Farenheit, Theses Days and Slippery in first place for me. I'll get the others later

severo17 04-20-2010 03:05 PM

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...irst-10-albums

"For example, the group’s debut, “Bon Jovi,” will include bonus tracks taken from club dates. "

San_jovi 04-20-2010 03:25 PM

Why not just release one album of these tracks?

This band have really just become a business... their albums, particularly those of the last 10 years are not rock classics, and really don't need to be re released.

Thunderstrucker 04-20-2010 03:32 PM

I bet the arguement they will be using will be something like:
'If we put all bonustracks on one CD it won't be enjoyable to listen to when it comes to the different quality of each track. However, we think that when we include live-songs on the albums people will enjoy listening to it more'.

It is obvious that is done for easy cash.

I salute you,
TS

Avantasian 04-20-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 984887)
I actually agree with this. It'd be nice to have a decent sounding quality version of Love Is War.

It was released as a b-side to the japanese Living in sin single. Sounds decent to me.

danfan 04-20-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 984896)
It was released as a b-side to the japanese Living in sin single. Sounds decent to me.

I have that. It's not remastered. Volume has to be cranked for it to sound decent.

Supersonic 04-20-2010 06:23 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 984898)
I have that. It's not remastered. Volume has to be cranked for it to sound decent.

They've already remastered it, it's available on the Japanese 2CD remaster of New Jersey, so it is out there, just not for the masses. All the demo's for New Jersey are available in the same quality as the Livin' On A Prayer demo on the box set, so I don't see any point in releasing those on a 2CD.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-20-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984907)
Aloha !

They've already remastered it, it's available on the Japanese 2CD remaster of New Jersey, so it is out there, just not for the masses. All the demo's for New Jersey are available in the same quality as the Livin' On A Prayer demo on the box set, so I don't see any point in releasing those on a 2CD.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The fact that you have them doesn't mean that everyone has those demos in decent quality. I don't. I've been dying to get those in ages, without success yet. That's why I was disappointed in the boxset, because it ignored them due to Obie's shitty philosophy... those songs that are floating around somewhere should be released in official, remastered form. And there would have been space on the boxset... plenty actually.

So re-releasing New Jersey with a bonus disc would be a great option!

Supersonic 04-20-2010 06:59 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 984911)
The fact that you have them doesn't mean that everyone has those demos in decent quality. I don't. I've been dying to get those in ages, without success yet. That's why I was disappointed in the boxset, because it ignored them due to Obie's shitty philosophy... those songs that are floating around somewhere should be released in official, remastered form. And there would have been space on the boxset... plenty actually.

So re-releasing New Jersey with a bonus disc would be a great option!

If I can get them anyone can. They're not that hard to get. They've even been uploaded at dimeadozen a few times now, I think. But what you're saying is that you'd rather pay for that stuff to get them with some artwork instead of just downloading them for free because they leaked them on purpose?

I think I once even send you the demo's, you once gave me your adress didn't you? Anyway, there's no point in remastering something that's available in good quality. They remastered the demo of Prayer yet it doesn't sound a whole lot different compared to what was out there anyway.

Had the demo's from the 80's not been ignored we would've had less songs we'd never heard before. I'd rather get new songs in good quality than old songs I already have. That's why it was a good thing they even released some different takes on old b-sides.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Simon 04-20-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984913)
Aloha !

If I can get them anyone can. They're not that hard to get. They've even been uploaded at dimeadozen a few times now, I think. But what you're saying is that you'd rather pay for that stuff to get them with some artwork instead of just downloading them for free because they leaked them on purpose?

I think I once even send you the demo's, you once gave me your adress didn't you? Anyway, there's no point in remastering something that's available in good quality. They remastered the demo of Prayer yet it doesn't sound a whole lot different compared to what was out there anyway.

Had the demo's from the 80's not been ignored we would've had less songs we'd never heard before. I'd rather get new songs in good quality than old songs I already have. That's why it was a good thing they even released some different takes on old b-sides.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

In my book a boxset should give the full picture, important B-sides (some of them made it to the box, other didn't), then those songs that are floating around but not as easy to get for everyone, and then of course unheard stuff. On 4 CDs there was plenty of space for that! Those unreleased songs are good enough to deserve the spot, and the easy access would justify it as well. I have the songs, but in crappy quality. I've never found a decent download.
On a sidenote, not all of those unheard songs on the boxset are that good. Some of them could really have stayed in the vault... well, especially since others did that I would like to have in decent quality for once.

JoviForever 04-20-2010 08:36 PM

Yet another way to fleece the fans. How much money do they need to make? Most of the albums must have had several releases already!

Rob 04-20-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San_jovi (Post 984894)
Why not just release one album of these tracks?

This band have really just become a business... their albums, particularly those of the last 10 years are not rock classics, and really don't need to be re released.

Because nobody would buy a compilation CD. By doing it this way they can make a hell of a lot more money out of it by selling their entire back catalogue again just with a couple of live songs bolted on the end. It stinks imo. Marketing bullshit.

JoviForever 04-20-2010 08:56 PM

The track-listings are on this site:

http://music.aol.com/artist/bon-jovi/album

Some have 2 extra tracks and some have 4.

danfan 04-20-2010 09:18 PM

Here's what we're getting live:

Runaway
Roulette
Breakout
Get Ready
In and out of Love
Only Lonely
Tokyo Road
You Give Love A Bad Name
Livin' On A Prayer
Wanted Dead Or Alive (Acoustic)
Blood on Blood
I'll Be There For You
Keep The Faith
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
This Ain't A Love Song
Diamond Ring
It's My Life
Just Older
Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars
The Distance
Joey
Hook Me Up
Bounce
Have A Nice Day
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Last Man Standing
Story Of My Life
Lost Highway
We Got It Going On
Any Other Day
I Love This Town

The make or break on these are gonna be the time period they were recorded. In other words, the first 2 albums will be great. Slippery and New Jersey it all depends on when they recorded these. If it was 80's or early 90's, they're worth it. Keep The Faith, there are already good live versions out there. Same goes for everything after.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-20-2010 09:19 PM

I'll buy 'Bon Jovi', '7800' and 'Bounce'. None of the others look worth it.

danfan 04-20-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 984936)
I'll buy 'Bon Jovi', '7800' and 'Bounce'. None of the others look worth it.

Slippery might be if the live cuts are from the 80's. Otherwise, I agree.

Rdkopper 04-20-2010 09:33 PM

Okay. So they are releasing the albums with a few extra live tracks. So What? Don't put so much thought into it.

I'm sure this is all about the Record Co anyway. I seriously doubt Jon woke up one day and said lets do this b/ I need a new BMW.

On another note: Live Tracks? With the internet & YouTube etc. I'm so done with live tracks. Okay, better quality. Big deal.

I want unreleased Sh!t. New Jersey w/ mastered versions of Cadillac Man & The Soul Truth would be awesome.

So for me, I'm not going to buy them.

I hope this does get them to the 150M mark. And once they do get there, you'll all be happy to commend them. Not reflect back on this.

Supersonic 04-20-2010 09:37 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 984935)
Here's what we're getting live:
Runaway

Already 2 live versions available.

Quote:

Roulette

1 live version available.

Quote:

Breakout

Quote:

Get Ready

Quote:

In and out of Love

Quote:

Only Lonely

Quote:

Tokyo Road

2 live versions available.

Quote:

You Give Love A Bad Name

4 live versions availalble.

Quote:

Livin' On A Prayer

5 live versions available.

Quote:

Wanted Dead Or Alive (Acoustic)

Quote:

Blood on Blood

Quote:

I'll Be There For You

Quote:

Keep The Faith

4 live versions available.

Quote:

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Quote:

This Ain't A Love Song

Quote:

Diamond Ring

Never officially released before.

Quote:

It's My Life

3 live versions available.

Quote:

Just Older

Quote:

Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars

4 live versions available.

Quote:

The Distance

Never released before.

Quote:

Joey

Never released before.

Quote:

Hook Me Up

Never released before.

Quote:

Bounce

Quote:

Have A Nice Day

Quote:

Who Says You Can't Go Home

Quote:

Last Man Standing

Quote:

Story Of My Life

Never released before.

Quote:

Lost Highway

Quote:

We Got It Going On

Quote:

Any Other Day

Quote:

I Love This Town

So out of that many songs only 3 have never been released before. Great job, Obie.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

severo17 04-20-2010 09:56 PM

Yeah... I doubt it's only Obie that chooses the tracks...

Simon 04-20-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 984939)

So out of that many songs only 3 have never been released before. Great job, Obie.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Do you count DVDs???
I'm pretty sure I have every live song they officially released on singles and such. So what am I missing:

I count 4 released versions of "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" instead of 5.

- Milton Keynes 93, "I Believe" single
- Wembley 95, "Lie To Me" single
- China Club NY 00, "TY4LM" single
- Melbourne 01, OWN bonus CD

Of "Keep The Faith" I count 3 versions instead of 4.

- Count Basie Theatre 93, KTF bonus CD, "Real Life" single
- Wembley 95, "Lie To Me" single + "Say It Isn't So" single
- China Club NY 00, OWN

Of "Captain Crash" I count 1 instead of 4.
- Osaka 2000, "TY4LM" single

Of "Just Older" I count 2 instead of 5:
- Osaka 2000, "Crush" bonus CD, "TY4LM" single
- Toronto 2000, "OWN"

Therefore I don't know about an officially released version of "Bounce" - other than on the TLFR DVD. But we're talking official audio releases here, right?

So, what am I missing?

Johny 04-21-2010 12:30 AM

I don't like when something is added to a album. SWW starts with Let It Rock (actually Pink Flamingos) and ends with Wild In The Streets - it i closed, nothing more belongs there. It should be kept as unique unit! I've always hated when bands like Def Leppard re-released their albums and added some songs to them. Well, this habit came to Bon Jovi land. On the other hand I wouldn't mind bonus disc. I like that Def Leppard remasterd their top albums and released each with a bonus disc with stuff from that era, they just didn't have to add anything to the original album.

I'd appreciate DD of New Jersey rather than this.

And you guys whose old SWW CD is worn out, go and buy DD SWW and you will get new versions of the songs, and videos as well. That's much better than Bad Name, Prayer and Wanted live - those have bee out milion times.

The Northern Cowboy 04-21-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 984965)

Of "Just Older" I count 2 instead of 5:
- Osaka 2000, "Crush" bonus CD, "TY4LM" single
- Toronto 2000, "OWN"

There is also another version available on the Target exclusive CD released with some of the Bounce demos on it.

Makedde 04-21-2010 07:56 AM

Sounds like it'll cost a frigging fortune...but I want it.:cool: