Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Bounce7800 06-23-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 999258)
That doesn't sound like 'In & Outta Love' to me... :?

Hearing it again it sounds less like In & Out Of Love now :lol: There was definitely a 5 person-banner for it in the pit that Jon was referring to at the time though.

marta anna 06-23-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 999248)
Thanks for your explanations, Gav. I sure hope you're right!

yeah, it does not to be a great deal. Just strained wrist from overuse. It is going to be fine unless he pushes it too much. I know it from my experience - not from instrument playing but from practicing sports (swimming). If I do not use some groups of muscles on regular basis and then start using them too much they start to ache - a signal that you should increase the pressure and work load more gradually. If I listen to my body the pain is alleviated and eventually wears off. But if I try to be wiser than my body and push it, I end up with an injury and need some longer, unplanned rest:(

So, if Jon now decides to skip a few acoustic sets for e few next shows it would probably mean that he knows what he is doing:)

Terri and Kathleen - do not worry. I like you both so much - you are really well-wishing people. We need more people like that! :D

marta anna 06-23-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftkast (Post 999225)

another question to guitar experts - if you look at this video - why does Jon wear a band on his right wrist (and not that which is most affected - i.e. left?) Do you need to protect the right wrist more than the left? Is the stress on the right hand even bigger when you play guitar? Or the wrist band is simply an ornament that has nothing to do with guitar playing?

Just curious - because it seemed to me absurd that the left hand is aching while the band is on the right?????????:confused::confused:

Or maybe that piece of black cloth is to keep the sweat off the palm of his hand?

Dicanio 06-23-2010 04:49 PM

Heres my recording of Garageland filmed from the pit.
Its still processing so the quality will improve!

Dicanio 06-23-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 999288)
Hearing it again it sounds less like In & Out Of Love now :lol: There was definitely a 5 person-banner for it in the pit that Jon was referring to at the time though.

I caught this from the pit. Im uploading my video now. I couldnt believe the fuss this caused when I logged on last night. Too many people not going to shows are too quick to slag off the band and set lists. Ive only ever been to 1 poor show and that was Hull.

Bleedingguitar 06-23-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftkast (Post 999225)

Jon's not pronouncing lyrics properly.

severo17 06-23-2010 07:00 PM

Maybe it's a new song that Jon wasn't prepared to be playing?
That would be cool, It would mean that maybe we'd get that new song in one of the next O2 shows probably :p

severo17 06-23-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleedingguitar (Post 999307)
Jon's not pronouncing lyrics properly.

Why does it matter if he is or not?

RS8MB0R8 06-23-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marta anna (Post 999294)
another question to guitar experts - if you look at this video - why does Jon wear a band on his right wrist (and not that which is most affected - i.e. left?) Do you need to protect the right wrist more than the left? Is the stress on the right hand even bigger when you play guitar? Or the wrist band is simply an ornament that has nothing to do with guitar playing?

Just curious - because it seemed to me absurd that the left hand is aching while the band is on the right?????????:confused::confused:

Or maybe that piece of black cloth is to keep the sweat off the palm of his hand?

Looks like a sweat band to me. Nothing guitar related, just allows him to get the sweat off his face when needed just like tennis players wear. ;)

marta anna 06-23-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 999328)
Looks like a sweat band to me. Nothing guitar related, just allows him to get the sweat off his face when needed just like tennis players wear. ;)

Great thanks! At last everything is logical. ;)

For a while I had a feeling that he put the band of the non-aching wrist because he forgot which wrist is hurting him :D

Just like being at a dentist with an aching tooth and, because of some chaos and carelessness, having a healthy tooth pulled out instead :D