Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Living in Sin vs. Wild in the Streets (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70862)

Alphavictim 12-06-2021 08:20 PM

Living in Sin vs. Wild in the Streets

The two JBJ solo compositions from Slippery and New Jersey, respectively. Springsteen worship versus a little more subtle Springsteen worship. Concert staple versus single with a video.

Which one do you prefer, and why?

Rdkopper 12-06-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1276727)
The two JBJ solo compositions from Slippery and New Jersey, respectively. Springsteen worship versus a little more subtle Springsteen worship. Concert staple versus single with a video.

Which one do you prefer, and why?

Living In Sin... Much more passion

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 12-06-2021 11:52 PM

Both great songs and it depends quite a bit on my mood, but I think overall I'd lean towards Wild In The Streets as it's one of those songs that never fails to put me in a good mood and as a Springsteen fan I fully embrace the blatant Springsteen worship here 😂 It also reminds me of being younger and "wild in the streets" myself, so that nostalgia is a nice little bonus as well.

bonjovi90 12-06-2021 11:55 PM

Living In Sin has gone from a song I absolutely loved (especially the Rotterdam live version) to a song that doesn't do much for me from time to time. Wild In The Streets was never so high on my list and yeah, it's cheap Springsteen-worship, but it always evokes a good mood. Not more, not less. So I'd lean towards Wild In The Streets as well.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-07-2021 06:18 AM

Definitely Living In Sin (obviously the old version).
The actual acoustic version is very poor...

bounce442 12-07-2021 06:44 AM

Wild is the Wind has always been top tier Bon Jovi for me.
Both are great, but WITW wins.

bonjovi90 12-07-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1276735)
Wild is the Wind has always been top tier Bon Jovi for me.
Both are great, but WITW wins.

The question was about Wild In The Streets though ;)

I agree, Wild Is The Wind beats both by a landslide.

Faceman 12-07-2021 10:20 AM

Hard to say. Besides the commonalities you pointed out, from a musical standpoint they couldn't be more different: ballad vs. high-tempo rocker.

I loved the guitar solo Richie played live on Living In Sin in the 80s. It had a nice melancholic touch to it which the album solo didn't have.
And I like the way the song builds up, starting only with a slight snare drum and adding more and more instruments in the course of the first verse.

Wild In The Streets is that great party-time rocker. Even if an audience isn't familiar with that song you can't help but rock along.

Since I got Living In Sin during one of my shows but never heard Wild In The Streets live, I go with the latter one. But still...they aren't comparable to me ;)

Savvi 12-07-2021 10:25 AM

I love both but Wild in the Streets has always been a personal favourite of mine. I wish it got proper single treatment and release. I love the key riff, and the chorus is a blast to belt out.

Captain_jovi 12-07-2021 02:42 PM

Livin in Sin all the way for me. WITS always sounded like someone else's song to me.

That build up, that scream, when they'd go into Chapel of Love live. 10/10.