Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 12:09 AM

The audio mix sounds totally off, just sounds kinda dull and muddy,Obie must have rushed post-production on this one.

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 12:11 AM

Definitely full of pitch correction but still doesn't cover up Jon's poor vocal tone.

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 01:48 AM

The audio is miles better and even somewhat enjoyable during parts of songs... I don't think the auto-tuning or whatever technology they use is overly obvious and very well done... Too bad he can sing into this technology and have it projected live.

The fact that this could be done in such little time gives us hope as to what could be done with the proper time.

Jon can make future studio albums.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 04-09-2022 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278733)
The show begins....

St. Paul

-Limitless

-The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
-You Give Love A Bad Name
-We Werent Born To Follow (disaster)

-Its My Life
-Just Older (Jon is too old for this shit) (come on Jon, shala lala here too? don't mess it up even more)
-Born To Be My Baby (the first verses... Jon "the grandpa" Jovi)
-Beautiful Drug
-Let It Rain (with acoustic intro + harmonica outro)
-Keep The Faith (with the guitar and piano intro as in the album)

I think that's all.... Yep, is over.

A shame not to get to the acoustic set. I was interested in listening to American Reckoning and We Don't Run Acoustic.

*Jon's voice is manipulated, but it doesn't sound as thin and sharp as other times.
*The instruments sound loud, so it helps a bit and makes it more tolerable.
*Audio with very high bass, and feels like just another mono stream.
*The moments when Jon is not singing sounds good.
*The new songs sound ok.

Here my artwork
Click Here: https://i.ibb.co/Y2G3h6W/art1.png
;)

In Obie's intro he said part 1, so I'm assuming next week will be part 2. Really happy with this approach if it means we get full shows.

superkid 04-09-2022 02:20 AM

Sounded good to me. Not sure how much autotuning was done considering its only been a few days and they only could've spent so much time on this. It makes sense that he would naturally sound better on the official audio compared to youtube videos shot on crappy phones. I think he struggled more in the 2nd half on songs like Who Says, HAND, Prayer, and the encore so depending on how those sound will tell me how much they corrected his voice.

I think Let It Rain is the best 2020 song live, with the live version superior to the record. And lets appreciate how incredible Tico sounds at 68 years old, he hasn't missed a beat! I think the extended rehearsals didn't help Jon's voice much but it did get the band in mid-tour form at the 2nd show of the tour.

Supersonic 04-09-2022 05:46 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1278740)
Sounded good to me. Not sure how much autotuning was done considering its only been a few days and they only could've spent so much time on this. It makes sense that he would naturally sound better on the official audio compared to youtube videos shot on crappy phones.

The pitch correction is a process done in only a few hours. And a crappy phone doesn't turn a singer out of tune or change his tone. Considering Bon Jovi's long history with differences between official recordings and audience recordings I'd even go as far as saying he often sounds better on audience recordings.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 02:51 PM

The Born To Follow solo is very interesting. It's definitely different.

And Jon needs better back up singers that could compliment his voice. I think that could make a world of difference. Obviously no one could replace that chemistry he had with Richie but Dave / Everette / Phil / whoever hinder the songs in a big way.

rolo_tomachi 04-10-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278776)
The Born To Follow solo is very interesting. It's definitely different.

What is interesting for me, is the Limitless outro, since some notes sound very similar to the Limitless version with those Rickysambo solos added in October 2020.

I'm sure Phil heard "the perfect version" mix...

..and maybe he meant to wink to this one?

If so, well played Phil, but it's too bad you didn't dare with the central guitar solo in the bridge.

Rdkopper 04-10-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278828)
What is interesting for me, is the Limitless outro, since some notes sound very similar to the Limitless version with those Rickysambo solos added in October 2020.

I'm sure Phil heard "the perfect version" mix...

..and maybe he meant to wink to this one?

If so, well played Phil, but it's too bad you didn't dare with the central guitar solo in the bridge.

Now that we have a SBD of Limitless live, I'm going to add it to the studio version.

I did it with the This House Is Not For Sale outro and it came out decent.

jimmyjovi89 04-10-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278837)
Now that we have a SBD of Limitless live, I'm going to add it to the studio version.

I did it with the This House Is Not For Sale outro and it came out decent.

That sounds really cool man any chance you can put them on YouTube?