Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruce Springsteen & E Street (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52708)

asok80 03-04-2011 06:34 PM

Bruce Springsteen & E Street

Rumour has it they will release a live dvd this summer from Magic/woad with the Carousel as a bonus.

Kathleen 03-04-2011 08:11 PM

That would be very welcome but I need a live Bruce fix. Is that official? I guess I have been out of the loop.

Kathleen 03-04-2011 10:25 PM

There are also rumors about a fall album. That would make me very happy.

runaway83 03-04-2011 10:41 PM

Hi everyone, it's my first post on this board, and it's good to see some familiar faces... ;)

Well, I've heard rumors about an album coming out in October too, and a Tour February - July 2012. I hope it's true...!!

Jovimimi 03-04-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runaway83 (Post 1042096)
Hi everyone, it's my first post on this board, and it's good to see some familiar faces... ;)

Well, I've heard rumors about an album coming out in October too, and a Tour February - July 2012. I hope it's true...!!

hey You!!! I hope it's true so we could have a few shows together while Jovi is off the picture temporarily (fingers crossed it does happen)

runaway83 03-04-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1042097)
hey You!!! I hope it's true so we could have a few shows together while Jovi is off the picture temporarily (fingers crossed it does happen)

Hey Mireille! ;) Yeah, that would be great!!

Jovimimi 03-05-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runaway83 (Post 1042098)
Hey Mireille! ;) Yeah, that would be great!!

Keep me posted via Pm or on Fb is something happens coz I may be out of the loop , busy somewhere else ...
still no jovi show in Zurich this year ? if you go let me know coz I'll be there !!

asok80 03-06-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1042089)
That would be very welcome but I need a live Bruce fix. Is that official? I guess I have been out of the loop.

Not yet just rumours. They're releasing 2 tracks on vinyl for Record Store Day in April and the same source also said that it's from "the forthcoming live dvd" I think...

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Gotta Get The Feeling/ Racing In The Street

7" single

I actually want him and the e street to have a proper long rest and go for it next year!

Irishshin 03-06-2011 10:35 PM

Hope the tour rumour is true!
Really want to see Bruce again.

asok80 03-07-2011 09:02 AM

Yeah I've heard those rumours too, we'll just have to wait and see. Bruce+Midsummer+Gothenburg would be great! :-)

Thunderstrucker 03-07-2011 05:18 PM

I'd be very happy with a live dvd from the magic/woad tour. I hope some rare songs will be on it and at least the Reason to Believe version of the magic-tour. The fall album could very good be Bruce's next solo-album: american sessions II as it is called in the rumours. It will be a followup on the seeger sessions album which is ofcorse awesome !
All we can do is cross our fingers and hope ;)

I salute you,
TS

ticos_stick 03-08-2011 12:50 AM

It would seem a little over the top releasing two DVDs from the WOAD tour, no?

I can't see it, I'd like it. But I reckon it won't happen.

asok80 03-09-2011 05:05 PM

This was just released. Nothing new for the avid Bruce fan.

Columbia Records will release Bruce Springsteen's "The Promise: The Making of Darkness On The Edge of Town" documentary on DVD and Blu-Ray May 3. The award-winning film will be accompanied by the bonus features "Songs From the Promise," a five-song concert event filmed in Asbury Park, NJ, and "A Conversation With His Fans," an intimate question-and-answer session.

"The Promise: The Making of Darkness On The Edge of Town", a ninety-minute documentary, combines never-before-seen footage of Springsteen and the E Street Band shot between 1976 and 1978—including home rehearsals and studio sessions—with new interviews with Springsteen, E Street Band members, manager Jon Landau, former-manager Mike Appel, and others closely involved in the making of the record.

The film was also included in the 2010 box set 'The Promise: The Darkness on the Edge of Town Story,' which Rolling Stone called "extraordinary [and] fascinating" and The Washington Post described as "a revelation."

"Songs From The Promise" was filmed before an audience of approximately sixty fans in December, 2010, in Asbury Park, NJ's historic carousel house. For this one-time concert event, Springsteen and members of the E Street Band lineup—Clarence Clemons, Stevie Van Zandt, Max Weinberg, Roy Bittan, and Gary Tallent—were joined by keyboardist Charles Giordano, a full horn section—Ed Manion, Barry Danielian, Curt Ramm, Clark Gayton and Stan Harrison—and special guest David Lindley, who played violin during the original recording sessions. Directed and edited by Zimny and mixed by Emmy-winner Bob Clearmountain, the concert features the only live E Street Band performances of four tracks from 'The Promise' plus "Blue Christmas."

"Songs From The Promise" Tracklist:
1. "Racing in the Street ('78)
2. "Gotta Get That Feeling"
3. "Ain't Good Enough For You"
4. "The Promise"
5, "Blue Christmas"

Hosted by music critic and Springsteen biographer Dave Marsh, "A Conversation With His Fans" is an intimate, 22-minute question-and-answer session featuring Springsteen at his most candid. Before a small audience in the studios of Sirius XM's E Street Radio channel, Springsteen discusses the writing and recording of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' and the decision to release the extensive collection of songs that didn't make the record. "We worked hard on the music that we didn't put out," Springsteen tells one fan. "The nice thing about it is it's still there, it hasn't gone anywhere--and I think we're at a point where it's nice to have the stuff sufficiently see the light of day." Questions are intercut with highlights from the 'The Promise' box set, including the Paramount Theater concert and rare archival footage from 1978.

Crushgen24/88 03-09-2011 08:44 PM

True nothing new for the majority of Bruce fans, but since I have yet to pick up the Box Set (I just have nowhere near the money to spend do much on one item right now) I wonder if I should pick this and The Promise double album up instead. Will be substantially cheaper, and give me most of what I want from the Box.

Thunderstrucker 03-10-2011 11:50 AM

I did not only buy the boxset for the audio/video. I also wanted the deluxe version for the looks of it cause it is brilliant !
I won't get this new DVD though cause I already have it but will keep an eye out for the ashbury park songs.

I salute you,
TS

Crushgen24/88 03-19-2011 08:36 AM

There are seriously no words to how awesome this is, even with shitty audio. Bruce with The Dropkick Murphys in Boston last night, doing Peg of My heart (Duet he's on from their new album), his Badlands, and their Shipping Up To Boston.

milomom 03-19-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1044115)
There are seriously no words to how awesome this is, even with shitty audio. Bruce with The Dropkick Murphys in Boston last night, doing Peg of My heart (Duet he's on from their new album), his Badlands, and their Shipping Up To Boston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCY8kaUSZq8

I hope all these little glimpses we're getting of Bruce here and there mean that he's getting bored and is ready to go back to work. :D

TwinFan 03-19-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

That is indeed very awesome. I don't listen to much Bruce, but I heard "Radio Nowhere" the other day, and it is an awesome song. :)

milomom 03-19-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1044134)
That is indeed very awesome. I don't listen to much Bruce, but I heard "Radio Nowhere" the other day, and it is an awesome song. :)

Radio Nowhere from Atlanta during the WOAD tour (with Jay on drums) -

Kathleen 03-19-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

I saw him have The Dropkick Murphys as guests at one of the Boston shows a few years ago. The Boston Garden went apeshit.

I'm with Terri here and hoping that all this activity means that Bruce wants to go back to work. I'm looking at the end of the Jovi tour at the end of July and thinking it is gonna be a very nasty withdrawal period.

Supersonic 03-19-2011 06:55 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1044140)
I'm with Terri here and hoping that all this activity means that Bruce wants to go back to work. I'm looking at the end of the Jovi tour at the end of July and thinking it is gonna be a very nasty withdrawal period.

Stereophonics will be touring Europe late this year/early next year. Noel Gallagher will probably have his album finished by then as well. No worries here, it's a shame your music taste is so limited, Kathleen. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kathleen 03-20-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1044147)
Aloha !

Stereophonics will be touring Europe late this year/early next year. Noel Gallagher will probably have his album finished by then as well. No worries here, it's a shame your music taste is so limited, Kathleen. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Don't think I'm gonna have the budget for another European trip that soon. Bruce I can see locally and that influences what I hear.

asok80 04-09-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1044179)
Don't think I'm gonna have the budget for another European trip that soon. Bruce I can see locally and that influences what I hear.

You don't wanna see Stereophonics live anyways Kathleen I promise you. .-)

JerseyboyUK 04-11-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1046268)
You don't wanna see Stereophonics live anyways Kathleen I promise you. .-)

i second this.

Mongoose 04-13-2011 01:49 PM

10th Avenue Freeze out on Radio 2, class :cool:

Ferret 04-13-2011 03:12 PM

Tenth Avenue Freezeout should be sequenced later on Born To Run. After Thunder Road I'm in the mood for epic sweeping melodies and instead we just get a cool funky jam which is good in its own right but sort of an anticlimax compared to the brilliance that preceeded it. If you get me.

tigrs99 04-14-2011 11:16 PM

Stream of Show 470 - The Bruce and Stevie Show - Part 1
http://undergroundgarage.com/shows-4...evie-show.html
Air Date:
Thursday, 07 April 2011

asok80 04-16-2011 02:11 PM

Got my 10'' Gotta get that feeling today as it's Record Store Day.
Also bought The River on vinyl.