Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does this count as a scream? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=66133)

Lucas_Roli 03-12-2014 03:12 PM

Does this count as a scream?

Hey guys,I was just comparing recent live versions of Damned with old ones and I just stumbled upon this performance
At 4:35 right after he says ''I'm damned'' he makes those screaming,jungle,monkey whatever you wanna call them sounds.The sounds are pretty similar to what he did in 96 Yokohoma
I don't know about you guys,but I was pretty amazed that he did it considering how f*cked up his voice is.I haven't seen him do anything like that since 2005 on MSG WSYCGH live and I really thought he couldn't do sounds like that anymore.
Do you guys know anymore videos post HAND tour where he does some screaming?

bwehehehe 03-12-2014 04:17 PM

It counts...probably as his last known recorded scream.

Rdkopper 03-12-2014 04:38 PM

Good call!!!! So he still could do it?

I think Jon could do more than most of us think. He prob holds back a lot to preserve his voice and avoid damage. Looks like he couldn't resist.

Lucas_Roli 03-12-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1172023)
Good call!!!! So he still could do it?

I think Jon could do more than most of us think. He prob holds back a lot to preserve his voice and avoid damage. Looks like he couldn't resist.

I think so too.Now it makes me even more mad the he doesn't hire a good coach to recuperate and improve his voice as much as he can.I really really hope that he will do some screams on his next tour,probably after the solo of KTF like he did on the OWN tour.
I am so happy that I found this video...since 2011 when I became a fan and realised that he lost so much of his voice,i've always hoped to hear some screams and lately i really lost hope that i will ever find one,actually when i first heard the screams i wasn't at my pc and i thought that it was just my imagination and ran to the pc to rewind to see if he really did them :D:o

bonjovi90 03-12-2014 04:58 PM

Yeah this probably counts as his last known scream. There might've been one or two screams in KTF somewhere along the line after 2005 but I can't think of one specifically right now.

Regarding Damned, there is a stunning version from 2003 where Jon actually belts out every chorus, something I haven't heard on any other performance of that song:

There is also a great rendition from (I think) Fukuoka 2000 where Jon screams after "the more that I resist you my temptation turns to fate...". Always loved that part, but can't seem to find it on YT right now.

DryCounty 03-13-2014 04:06 AM

What a great show that was. Without a doubt my no.1 Jovi concert.

bwehehehe 03-13-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1172029)
Yeah this probably counts as his last known scream. There might've been one or two screams in KTF somewhere along the line after 2005 but I can't think of one specifically right now.

Regarding Damned, there is a stunning version from 2003 where Jon actually belts out every chorus, something I haven't heard on any other performance of that song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9LGDA2D8I

There is also a great rendition from (I think) Fukuoka 2000 where Jon screams after "the more that I resist you my temptation turns to fate...". Always loved that part, but can't seem to find it on YT right now.

Those KTF jungle screams were from 2008 (Amsterdam and I forgot the other one).

And yeah, Jon appears to hold more than we think, especially when he unexpectedly nailed the "stars don't shine" part in Brisbane the past tour.

Lucas_Roli 03-13-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwehehehe (Post 1172195)
Those KTF jungle screams were from 2008 (Amsterdam and I forgot the other one).

And yeah, Jon appears to hold more than we think, especially when he unexpectedly nailed the "stars don't shine" part in Brisbane the past tour.

Thx for the Amsterdam performance.
Sorry but I don't understand what past tour means,do you mean in Brisbane 2013 or 2011?

WILDJOVIMAN 03-13-2014 03:41 PM

he means 2013 !!! last "Always" performance...

Tearin_it_up 03-13-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1172029)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9LGDA2D8I

I got to see them the same weekend do it in Montreal. Best song I ever got