Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Thierry 05-20-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 826987)
fwiw coldplay are actually an amazingly energetic and enthralling live band no matter whether you like their music or not.

Chris Martin's voice simply gives me diarrhea.

Captain Walrus 05-21-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 826923)
This is my third edit, trying to explain exactly why coldplay make my skin crawl so.

It more or less boils down to the fact that the character of Ross from Friends is almost certainly a huge fan. Nothing would make him happier than a double bill of Hootie and the Blowfish and Coldplay.

A beige facsimile of genuine passion, belief, melody and excitement. That bloody falsetto. A baby named Apple. The inescapable eco-friendly smugness. It's 'aspirational' music. An accessory for a starbucks lifestyle. Plain. Bloody. Awful.

I suspect you're rather missing the point. The poster you replied to was contemplating buying tickets, so obviously at least somewhat like's the band's studio output, so saying why you don't like them is unlikely to be at all helpful

For what it's worth, I think they're a distinctly OK band, easy enough on the ear, and with fairly good hooks, but in essence a watered down Jeff Buckley / Radiohead. Not necessarily daring or original, but then not all music has to be, otherwise we'd run out of new music fairly quickly.

Jim Bon Jovi 05-21-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 826991)
Chris Martin's voice simply gives me diarrhea.

at least it 'moves' you :o

spunkywho 05-21-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent
A beige facsimile of genuine passion, belief, melody and excitement. That bloody falsetto. A baby named Apple. The inescapable eco-friendly smugness. It's 'aspirational' music. An accessory for a starbucks lifestyle. Plain. Bloody. Awful.

oh come on!! Green, Mermaids, and Calmness. Incense, bare feet, black, and freaky lights. Pure evil, isn't it? I am with you on that fruit thing - shudder.

Eastwick 05-21-2008 08:03 PM

Bob Dylan next friday :D
How does it feel?
It feels awsome!

slippery89 05-22-2008 04:12 AM

I can't believe the negativity towards coldplay, i think there great. Chris has a great voice. Very surprised.

choclady 05-24-2008 01:46 PM

Death Cab for Cutie.....Red Rocks.....May 28 :)
Jamie Lidell....Opera House, Toronto.... June 5th :cool:

choclady 05-24-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwick (Post 827286)
Bob Dylan next friday :D
How does it feel?
It feels awsome!

i hope you don't have an experience as terrible as i had :(
he was the worst live act i have ever seen

Eastwick 05-24-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choclady (Post 828732)
i hope you don't have an experience as terrible as i had :(
he was the worst live act i have ever seen

I know it's a "gamble" to see Dylan, but I'm one of those who loves his music, style and all that. I find his liveperformance amazing. How you don't recognize the songs before he starts to sing. How he changes the songs from day to day. He simply is a true genius!

Slow Joe 05-25-2008 04:52 PM

Southside Johnny on 4th October - 3 miles from my home town - in deepest darkest Somerset! Woohoo!