Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Lady_Luck 11-22-2009 02:06 PM

I bought my ticket for U2, September 2010 in Brussels and Bon Jovi, June 2010 in Paris.

I also bought a ticket for a french rock band called "Eiffel", if you want to have a listen: They will play in a small venue in February.

JerseyboyUK 11-25-2009 01:36 AM

Gallows in a TINY(!) bar in Derby next week!! Gonna be mental!

John Mayer at Wolves Civic

Mastodon at Wolves Wulfrun

C'monFeet 11-28-2009 02:07 PM

A
Regina Spektor
Tragedy - An All Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees ()
The Wildhearts

dcj28 11-28-2009 04:14 PM

KISS: men arena may 10th 2010. Left it to a mate to get tickets and he gets seats near the back. Not happy.

Goldsausage 11-28-2009 04:20 PM

Alice ****in' Cooper.

What an incredible night.

Kathleen 11-28-2009 06:18 PM

Saw Guster at The Beacon Theater last night. They have really stepped up their game and they sounded fantastic.

I am really not used to these apathetic 30 something audiences though. You would think they could get off their collective asses and at least give they guys an ovation at the end. Perhaps they were too drunk :roll:

Lady_Luck 11-29-2009 04:32 PM

Stereophonics in February, can't wait!

Chica Guacamole 11-29-2009 05:14 PM

Paolo Nutini at the Royal Albert Hall next April with my mum :)

Slag me off all you want, my parents are my favourite people to go to concerts with. They totally show the Apathetic 30-year-olds hows it's done-my dad even got kicked out of Hampden Park at a U2 for basically being too animated =)

Kathleen 11-29-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 960665)
Paolo Nutini at the Royal Albert Hall next April with my mum :)

Slag me off all you want, my parents are my favourite people to go to concerts with. They totally show the Apathetic 30-year-olds hows it's done-my dad even got kicked out of Hampden Park at a U2 for basically being too animated =)

No slagging from me - my daughter tells me the same thing. I don't get the apathy.

hometownboy 11-29-2009 08:40 PM

i've got ticket to see KISS in may! Can't wait :D

Chica Guacamole 12-11-2009 06:39 PM

Amy Macdonald at the Barrowlands in Glasgow next month :)

eddie73 12-14-2009 02:53 PM

chuckle brothers on saturday, dont get any more cool than that, however my 7 year old daughter thought i was a embarresment as i was singing along, the look on her face was priceless. lol

Goldsausage 12-14-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 962254)
Amy Macdonald at the Barrowlands in Glasgow next month :)

:o Is she touring or is it just a one-off gig?

But somehow I don't think my dad wants to drive me to another gig so far away so soon. In the summer he drove me all the way to Scotland for Bruce and then a couple weeks ago all the way to Newcastle, which might as well be in Scotland, to see Alice Cooper.

Good ol' dad. But if train tickets weren't like £100 for one way to Scotland then maybe I wouldn't need him to drive me to see Amy M <_< Stupid train prices.

Jim Bon Jovi 12-14-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 962522)

But somehow I don't think my dad wants to drive me to another gig so far away so soon. In the summer he drove me all the way to Scotland for Bruce and then a couple weeks ago all the way to Newcastle, which might as well be in Scotland, to see Alice Cooper.

Good ol' dad. But if train tickets weren't like £100 for one way to Scotland then maybe I wouldn't need him to drive me to see Amy M <_< Stupid train prices.

Glasgow does possess 2 major train stations and a bus terminus...

C'monFeet 12-14-2009 04:36 PM

Jam in the Dam!!!!!!!!!!

Back for a fourth time. As long as they keep booking Umphrey's Mcgee, I will keep buying tickets. And Les Claypool this year too. Can. Not. Wait.

http://www.jaminthedam.com/

Any Dutchies fancy a drink/smoke in March?

milomom 12-14-2009 05:37 PM

Eric Clapton with Roger Daltrey in March. :D

Jim Bon Jovi 12-14-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 962535)
Jam in the Dam!!!!!!!!!!

Back for a fourth time. As long as they keep booking Umphrey's Mcgee, I will keep buying tickets. And Les Claypool this year too. Can. Not. Wait.

http://www.jaminthedam.com/

Any Dutchies fancy a drink/smoke in March?

I'm on a mission to see a band in Amsterdam at some point.

Roger Waters would be awesome but any band with a decent light show would do :D

I'm planning on heading back over there in the Summer to redeviate after a year of semi enforced sobriety and chastity courtesy of the Saudis.

Chica Guacamole 12-14-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 962522)

She's doing 2 shows before her new album comes out, one in Glasgow and one somewhere in London. Not sure about the London show, but the Glasgow tickets were only £10 each which is pretty damn bargainous :)

And if you book in advance, train tickets are pretty cheap. And I also highly recommend the Young Persons Railcard which gets you 1/3 off fares-I can get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen for £5 :)

Javier 12-15-2009 03:14 AM

Bought my ticket to see Metallica on March 14th!!!! Awesome!!!!

C'monFeet 12-15-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 962542)
Eric Clapton with Roger Daltrey in March. :D

I'm starting to get the impression Eric Clapton needs a proper band again. In the space of six months he'll have played with Roger Daltrey, Steve Winwood and Jeff Beck...

C'monFeet 12-15-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 962547)
redeviate

Nice.

C'monFeet 12-15-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 962547)
I'm on a mission to see a band in Amsterdam at some point.

Roger Waters would be awesome but any band with a decent light show would do :D

I don't think I've ever been to Amsterdam without seeing a band. Three previous Jam in the Dams obviously (Jams in the Dam?), but even my first trip, a uni field trip, I ended up at the Melkweg watching Three Colours Red, who just happened to be playing there. When I went for my first holiday with my ex, I ended up seeing Kathleen Edwards (and we ended up arguing over my taking her to see an incredibly attractive, ginger country singer. Good times).

The Melkweg and Paradiso are both great venues. The Dutch seem to have good taste and attract the right bands. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good gig.

milomom 12-16-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 962614)
I'm starting to get the impression Eric Clapton needs a proper band again. In the space of six months he'll have played with Roger Daltrey, Steve Winwood and Jeff Beck...

Actually, as strange as it sounds Roger Daltrey is listed as the "support act." I guess time will tell how it's actually going to play out.

Jim Bon Jovi 12-16-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 962616)
I don't think I've ever been to Amsterdam without seeing a band. Three previous Jam in the Dams obviously (Jams in the Dam?), but even my first trip, a uni field trip, I ended up at the Melkweg watching Three Colours Red, who just happened to be playing there. When I went for my first holiday with my ex, I ended up seeing Kathleen Edwards (and we ended up arguing over my taking her to see an incredibly attractive, ginger country singer. Good times).

The Melkweg and Paradiso are both great venues. The Dutch seem to have good taste and attract the right bands. Shouldn't be too hard to find a good gig.

The only issue is finding the energy and gumption to get your ass out of a shop and get to the venue :D

Panda 12-20-2009 03:04 AM

Just bought a ticket for Muse on March 30th. I tried to edit my signature, but couldn't.... Not enough space. Ill wait until after I see guns n roses. But from all the reviews I've read, I hear they have an excellent rock show. Can't wait until March 30th....

Goldsausage 12-23-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 962549)
She's doing 2 shows before her new album comes out, one in Glasgow and one somewhere in London. Not sure about the London show, but the Glasgow tickets were only £10 each which is pretty damn bargainous :)

And if you book in advance, train tickets are pretty cheap. And I also highly recommend the Young Persons Railcard which gets you 1/3 off fares-I can get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen for £5 :)

Oh Sara, so knowledgable as usual :)

But there's no London gig :cry:

EDIT: Wait, yes there is, sorry. But you have to phone the venue for tickets. God dammit <_<

EDIT AGAIN: Sold out anyway <_< :cry:

C'monFeet 12-26-2009 04:54 AM

Rufus Wainwright

Yvonne 12-26-2009 10:01 PM

Bon Jovi, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

beler 12-28-2009 08:59 PM

Kiss - tickets for two shows and Bon Jovi:)

Yvonne 12-31-2009 05:26 PM

bon jovi again

Simon 01-08-2010 08:12 PM

I bought tickets for Transatlantic, the Scorpions and Bon Jovi so far for this year.

Thinking about Kiss, U2, AC/DC... but with these prices you gotta think twice.

mo_rizwan 01-08-2010 09:08 PM

Go and see U2....they're Awesome! :)

jungleland 01-08-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 964953)
I bought tickets for Transatlantic, the Scorpions and Bon Jovi so far for this year.

Thinking about Kiss, U2, AC/DC... but with these prices you gotta think twice.

Kiss and U2 - no doubt. Let AC/DC be AC/DC -same old stuff everytime. They are way past their prime , Angus has slowed down a lot and the last record was a snoozefest. Still have not the slightest clue why it sold that much....

C'monFeet 01-15-2010 05:42 PM

Bowling for Soup (Acoustic)
Dropkick Murphys
Cherry Poppin Daddies

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 01-15-2010 09:35 PM

Frank Turner :D

milomom 01-16-2010 05:14 PM

Carole King & James Taylor - Troubadour Reunion Tour
June 3 at the arena just a few miles away.

Kathleen 01-16-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 965909)

Wow - that could be cool. I have always enjoyed James Taylor and Carole King wrote some fantastic songs - her Tapestry album was one of my favorites back in the seventies.

Bring your gear Terri :D

hometownboy 01-16-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 965909)

I read about that tour a few days ago, i'd love to see carole king. As Kathleen said tapestry is a fantastic album and her voice is amazing, she was on a music show over here a couple of months ago and she was brilliant. James taylor is pretty cool aswell!

Have a great time :D

milomom 01-16-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 965913)
Wow - that could be cool. I have always enjoyed James Taylor and Carole King wrote some fantastic songs - her Tapestry album was one of my favorites back in the seventies.

Bring your gear Terri :D

Absolutely.

I read something about this tour in the last couple of weeks and meant to check to see if it was stopping in Atlanta, but I promptly forgot all about it. Fortunately, a friend called yesterday asking advice about buying tickets for it in another city. When I looked, the AMEX pre-sale for the Atlanta show was scheduled to start this morning. Every once in awhile, things just work out . . . even without my usual level of obsessing! :p

Goldsausage 01-16-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 965790)
Bowling for Soup (Acoustic)

Where are you seeing that gig? A mate of mine asked me if I wanted to go because they're playing near us apparently but I'm not really a fan.