Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Jon Fails meme thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52841)

Rdkopper 04-19-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1046796)
Yes it does.

The band was disappointed that the album was not as well recieved as they had hoped (they said just that in an interview). They obviously believe that the 'relative' commercial failure has something to do with the way in which TC was promoted in the U.S. and Jack Rovner is rumoured to have been responsible for that. Hence, he had to go.

This is, of course, a pathetic attempt by the band's CEO to let somebody else take the blame for an unsuccesful marketing campaign. While promoting TC, Jon was continiously praising the whole "In Residence" idea and taking full credit for it. A little more than a year down the road, Jack Rovner had to go because a marketing sceme, which would have no doubt been approved by Jon, did not work out too well. The initial message of the photo was absolutely correct.

On a different note, Bon Jovi's marketing efforts within the last decade have been plain out rubbish. None of their campaigns since Crush have really worked. The only reason they're still so big are their capabilities as a live act imo.

Interesting. I’m sure there are other contributing factors

crashed 04-19-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1046796)
This is, of course, a pathetic attempt by the band's CEO to let somebody else take the blame for an unsuccesful marketing campaign. While promoting TC, Jon was continiously praising the whole "In Residence" idea and taking full credit for it. A little more than a year down the road, Jack Rovner had to go because a marketing sceme, which would have no doubt been approved by Jon, did not work out too well. .

Once again, people make out Jon to be the devil.

The guy was employed and no doubt paid very handsomely to do a certain job - he failed - he got fired, though more likely got an equally handsome pay off. This is how the world works.

You still really think Jon has the time to approve every single detail of everything? I know he's a control freak but I just don't think so. Also, most of the marketing for an album - or lack of it with Jovi these days - is done by the record company.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-19-2011 11:30 PM

I like Jon.

HappyFan 04-20-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1046786)
But Bon Jovi is one of few bands that scalp their own tickets
You can find a NY Times article that talks of bands who scalp their own tickets
U2 and Bon Jovi may have the same floor tkts prices but they don't sell majority of pit tkts as VIP packages

Tried to find the article you reference but couldn't could you please provide a link.

ticos_stick 04-20-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1046801)
I like Jon.

Sinner, ye will suck on the demon's teet til it doth run dry. But beware for the shiny haired one is as sneaky as a viper with a rear view mirror.

Kathleen 04-20-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1046801)
I like Jon.

I do too but I don't think he's perfect and I don't think he's God. This board is healthy enough to poke fun at him. Do we go too far in the other direction sometimes - sure. But it pretty much balances out with the other board that does nothing but kiss ass and fawn.

I came here after 2000 and posting on a Bruce board that did nothing but say that Bruce was God - it got old. And I'm a huge Bruce fan.

wolffex 04-20-2011 04:01 AM

Jon is awesome, but people put too much attention on him alone and blame him for everything. How do you know what goes on backstage and in their personal lives? No one blames Richie, Tico, David or Hugh. Richie has the biggest ego in the band, no one blames him!

kenobi_on_a_prayer 04-20-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1046800)
You still really think Jon has the time to approve every single detail of everything? I know he's a control freak but I just don't think so. Also, most of the marketing for an album - or lack of it with Jovi these days - is done by the record company.

Mmm not really the way it works anymore. It's up to the band to take some initiative and responsibility for their own career, and since Jon saddles himself with most of the responsibility, I guess it's predominantly up to him. This doesn't just apply to musicians, but also writers and other artists. Record companies, publishing houses, etc just don't have the time, money, or inclination to go the extra mile unless you're an absolute certain bet.

Iceman 04-20-2011 10:56 AM

I like cheese.

Ice

Xavi 04-20-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolffex (Post 1046813)
Jon is awesome, but people put too much attention on him alone and blame him for everything. How do you know what goes on backstage and in their personal lives? No one blames Richie, Tico, David or Hugh. Richie has the biggest ego in the band, no one blames him!

Jon is the boss of Bon Jovi co.Richie is just an employee.Every decision that has to be with the band is Jonīs decision.
Nobody has to blame Richie for not playing his own songs,or not playing In these arms,Die for you or Wild in the streets solo,instead the pathetic Bobbyīs solos,ITīS JONīS DECISION.
Nobody has to blame Tico for playing the songs in a so slowly tempo,ITīS JONīS DECISION.