Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

YOVANAfromPeru 12-04-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1248553)
Those work, too. "Know" was just where my mind went first. :)

Oh JackieBlue, you’re telling us now that We don’t know if he is still partying
then I guess I will go again with that "Time judges everything."
-_-

JackieBlue 12-04-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248559)
Oh JackieBlue, you’re telling us now that We don’t know if he is still partying...

Not me, lady. I don't know what "we" know. I can only speak for myself; and all I got is theories. You'll have to check with DJ and David to find out what we know and don't know. They're the ones connecting sound bites to come up with answers. (Correction: with the answer.) ;)

YOVANAfromPeru 12-04-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1248719)
You'll have to check with DJ and David to find out what we know and don't know. They're the ones connecting sound bites to come up with answers. (Correction: with the answer.) ;)

Why I would trust in a DJ???
https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rock-...australian-tou

No way... I don't trust in anybody lol

and just in case, I know you meant DestinationJovi = DJ
but you know how I am with my posts...
I can't help it sometimes, okay I will shut up now

mr_bluesman 12-18-2018 07:24 PM

Interesting comments by Jon saying Richie couldn't get "it" together for the 80 shows after his departure..

bonjovi90 12-18-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1249618)
Interesting comments by Jon saying Richie couldn't get "it" together for the 80 shows after his departure..

Bon Jovi Runaway Tours Q&A - Band + Phil X Sydney Dec. 8, 2018 - YouTube

Interestingly, I stumbled across an interview from JBJ with the German Spiegel Online magazine from 2016 the other day and he responded to that topic in a more direct way than he usually did:

Q: This is the first Bon Jovi album without guitarist Richie Sambora. Did you really fire your longtime partner?
JBJ: That's a great misconception. And I had become the fans' bogeyman because of that. Nobody fired Richie. He just didn't show up for work anymore. He had to make a drug withdrawal - and never returned to the band again. I haven't heard from Richie in three and a half years and finally replaced him because we need to continue with Bon Jovi. I hope that Richie will be able to get away from drugs and alcohol someday.

http://www.spiegel.de/einestages/jon...a-1119514.html

Alphavictim 12-18-2018 10:55 PM

Wow. Spiegel is a 100% reliable source; it is a quality newspaper, so it is extremely unlikely that the quote was just made up. Didn't he also say something to that effect in another interview? Like gesturing that he drank or did drugs? I remember it also being a very well regarded publication, but NOT the American version.

rolo_tomachi 12-18-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1249618)

Bon Jovi Runaway Tours Q&A - Band + Phil X Sydney Dec. 8, 2018 - YouTube

Jon, Tico and David..... where is phil?

Alphavictim 12-18-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1249634)
Jon, Tico and David..... where is phil?

What would he have to say about Richie's departure?

Also... if this IS true, I had to think about Richie's "maybe in a couple of months I'll re-join the tour" statement. What was the plan? To spend a couple of weeks in Vegas (so to speak) and then clean up, except he never cleaned up (not in time at least)?

richiefan95 12-19-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1249635)
What would he have to say about Richie's departure?

Also... if this IS true, I had to think about Richie's "maybe in a couple of months I'll re-join the tour" statement. What was the plan? To spend a couple of weeks in Vegas (so to speak) and then clean up, except he never cleaned up (not in time at least)?

Richie was in perfect form in 2013 and was looking and playing great. Everyone was saying how good he is in opposite to Jon who stood by the mic the whole time.
To promote THINFS Jon came up with a story that changed every time.
Fact is that Richie was in great shape in the first leg and he wasn't in Calgary. When i remember correctly Richie even tweeted a few days before the show that now his holiday is going to end or so and he is going back to the tour.
There is nothing that indicates that he had some sort of substance abuse problem where he wasn't able to perform. It must be something else between Jon and Richie.

Alphavictim 12-19-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1249644)
Richie was in perfect form in 2013 and was looking and playing great. Everyone was saying how good he is in opposite to Jon who stood by the mic the whole time.

You really have no idea how drugs work, do you? Billy Idol was a heavy drug addict for YEARS, and he always was in top shape.