Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

Johny 01-10-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260662)
This is a great interview. The story about Jon telling Phil to never do the guitar spin again was pretty interesting!

Just listening to it. I don't get why Phil shouldn't do it when it is during a guitar solo, especially a solo that is not on any record and is in the show for the guitarists to show off.

Captain_jovi 01-10-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1260679)
Just listening to it. I don't get why Phil shouldn't do it when it is during a guitar solo, especially a solo that is not on any record and is in the show for the guitarists to show off.

I kind of get it and I don't. If it happened post split I think it'd be a different story. He wasn't there to show off or bring attention to himself, he was there to kind-of....stand in for Richie. It might give the impression that he's trying to gain fans and have people look at him. But damn it looked cool.

Javier 01-16-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1260687)
I kind of get it and I don't. If it happened post split I think it'd be a different story. He wasn't there to show off or bring attention to himself, he was there to kind-of....stand in for Richie. It might give the impression that he's trying to gain fans and have people look at him. But damn it looked cool.

If the band jamming was during Lay your hands on me then it was during the 2011 tour. Meaning he was there to just sub for Richie so having him dial back his antics makes sense. But for some reason I feel like stuff like that just doesn't fly with Jon.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-20-2020 06:46 PM

American Woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q45X...ature=youtu.be

YOVANAfromPeru 03-05-2020 11:51 PM

Any review of Phil X's shows?

Bounce7800 03-09-2020 12:36 PM

Very impressed with he London show on Friday night. He may not play like Richie, but he can sure play guitar, and its a sin when standing there watching him at work that Jon can put out songs with no guitar solos at all in, its absolutely criminal.

No BJ songs in the set (to be expected) and rather annoyingly my favourite drills track Blow your brains out didnt get played, but it was a really good gig. A few mistakes and restarts here and there, but felt more loose and fun than the well oiled Jovi machine.

bonjovi90 03-09-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1262247)

No BJ songs in the set (to be expected) and rather annoyingly my favourite drills track Blow your brains out didnt get played, but it was a really good gig. A few mistakes and restarts here and there, but felt more loose and fun than the well oiled Jovi machine.

His contract actually forbids him to play Jovi's tracks during his solo shows.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Thinny 03-09-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262249)
His contract actually forbids him to play Jovi's tracks during his solo shows.

Do we know that for sure? I honestly don't think he'd want to play them anyway and I don't think they would sit alongside his solo stuff very well...

bonjovi90 03-09-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1262251)
Do we know that for sure? I honestly don't think he'd want to play them anyway and I don't think they would sit alongside his solo stuff very well...

Yes he has said so.
I agree that wouldn't want to play them on his own shows anyway though.

liljovi93 03-09-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262252)
Yes he has said so.
I agree that wouldn't want to play them on his own shows anyway though.

Does the count for the guitar workshop things too because he played one or two during the one I went too in the summer if I remember right. Definitely played Prayer anyway.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk