Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70419)

bonjovi90 10-07-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1245540)
In my opinion a good producer should bring out the best in the artist that he is working with, not have his own signarure sound all over it. That's why Bob Rock is perfect for this. Not everything he has produced has been fantastic, but he always brings out and enchances the sound of the band he is working with, rather than his own imprint!

Very well stated! That's what Fairbairn was capable of as well and that's one of the reasons why SWW became such a success.
In 1987, Jon stated about Fairbairn's work:
"...but what he did all the time was observe and trying to figure out 'this is Bon Jovi, how do I make a Bon Jovi record out of this?', instead of going in the studio and saying 'do this, do this, do this' and making it in essence a Bruce Fairbairn record."

Funny how nowdays Jon pretty much contradicts everything that the Jon from 20+ years ago used to say or do :D

Captain_jovi 10-07-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1245539)
Shanks is just a bad producer with no serious work / hits to show. On the other hand he may just follow Jon’s orders

Half of me wants to let this die and not get the thread off track but Shanks not having hits to show for is very naive and untrue.

Rdkopper 10-07-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1245544)
Half of me wants to let this die and not get the thread off track but Shanks not having hits to show for is very naive and untrue.

He's had a small window of success but he's been on rinse and repeat with Jon now for the past 13 years so it's hard to say...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-07-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1245545)
He's had a small window of success but he's been on rinse and repeat with Jon now for the past 13 years so it's hard to say...

With the band? While the hits have been minimal they've been big when they've worked. For the most part they haven't. Apart from the band Shanks's hits production wise have a very very good track record. He's still one of the go-to guys in the industry.

Rdkopper 10-07-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1245547)
With the band? While the hits have been minimal they've been big when they've worked. For the most part they haven't. Apart from the band Shanks's hits production wise have a very very good track record. He's still one of the go-to guys in the industry.

That's a big statement... The Industry!!! Shanks and Jovi aside, nothing sounds like it used to... I listen to music now and I can actually hear the cutting and pasting...

YOVANAfromPeru 10-07-2018 07:12 PM

Shanks is very close to JBJ
and since the whole Bon Jovi organization is based in friendship... who knows until when we're going to have Shanks...

Becky 10-07-2018 08:54 PM

Anyone who says John Shanks has had limited success is uninformed.

John Shanks is a 6 time Grammy nominated songwriter, producer and accomplished guitar player. John has produced and/or written 43 #1 singles, 86 #1 albums and sold over 60 million records to date in the genres of Rock, Pop and Country music.

Thinny 10-07-2018 11:51 PM

Yeah, I'm no Shanks fan but you can't deny that he's produced and written a lot of big hit singles and albums all over the world. He's had MUCH bigger hits than those he's had with Jovi...

Becky 10-08-2018 12:01 AM

He could easily work with pretty much any hit-making current artist across several genres. For him, sticking with Bon Jovi is actually putting a limit on his “success rate” when it comes to statistics like those. That’s the realist in me talking. I love Bon Jovi, but it’s difficult for artists who have been around that long to get substantial radio play. There’s something that keeps him working and touring with Bon Jovi. Maybe the friendships are that deep. Maybe he likes the stability.

Thinny 10-08-2018 12:09 AM

Musicians are a pain in the ass. When you find one that you connect with, I can see why he might want to stick with that even if it doesn't make him as much money, it will probably be a much easier ride for him. Although that i'm sure he gets paid incredibly well in Jovi...