Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

JackieBlue 07-22-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1265765)
Ha ha...roger that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, far be it from me to imply that Jon would ever say anything that isn't 100% the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... :rolleyes:

But, dang it, now you've got me wondering why "his now deleted tweet" was deleted. :p:)

Speaking more seriously, though, it's no secret that I believe there's been a lot less band involvement on the album than Jon wants us to think. The other guys may, in fact, be playing on all the songs. But even so, I'm not sure if that means they have a lot of creative input; or if they're just overdubbing parts that Jon and Shanks have basically preordained.

Either way, I agree with Matt that Shanks is doing what Jon wants, not the other way around. Shanks may have a great deal of influence over the sound; but Jon is, ultimately, the one who calls the shots. That's the way it's always been, and I don't see that changing.

Captain_jovi 07-22-2020 06:07 PM

Pretty much, I don't think for a second Tico is saying "What if I just play this beat for 3.5 minutes". The whole thing is creatively stifled to hell BUT I also think they're playing on it in the same manner of the last 15 years.

But I also don't think Jon deleting the tweet because he said the band played on it and that wasn't true so he took it down (not sure if that's what you were meaning or not).

JackieBlue 07-22-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265775)

But I also don't think Jon deleting the tweet because he said the band played on it and that wasn't true so he took it down (not sure if that's what you were meaning or not).

Nah, I don't really believe that, either. Just playing around with Deb... :)

Adam D 07-22-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265775)
Pretty much, I don't think for a second Tico is saying "What if I just play this beat for 3.5 minutes". The whole thing is creatively stifled to hell BUT I also think they're playing on it in the same manner of the last 15 years.

I'd assume the tweet was taken down because Jon mentioned an early October release date and it hasn't been finalized yet.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

faith1985 07-22-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1265763)
Well in your defense Matt, Jon did say the band played on the song in his now deleted tweet. Or are we all now to the point of assuming he's lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it on the 1-minute-review thing as well. I mean it is a bit hard to get people in a recording studio together. I did not see the tweet. But I think it is a good thing that Jon did the video on monday and they are releasing it now. Maybe it is a sign that he is motivated again;)

faith1985 07-22-2020 08:18 PM

I still think it is very 'interesting' how much we project into this man. I was doing it too by saying he was a narcissist.But as always, people see what they want to see or are only alble to.

I mean, when the ticket prices are high, Jon is greedy but when he records a charity single almost nobody here says: that is a good move.

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265779)
I still think it is very 'interesting' how much we project into this man. I was doing it too by saying he was a narcissist.But as always, people see what they want to see or are only alble to.

I mean, when the ticket prices are high, Jon is greedy but when he records a charity single almost nobody here says: that is a good move.

Well, I'll give you my opinion about it. I don't care what Jon is like at all, good person? Bad person? Whatever it is, I'm just here for the music, and it was always like that.

A lot of artists do good acts of charity, that's fine, don't get me wrong, I just don't like to idealize an artist for these things.

And about this, I gave my opinion on these two songs (DWYC and AR), and it seemed like a good idea, especially since it is perfect to fit it with his new album.

Rdkopper 07-22-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265780)
Well, I'll give you my opinion about it. I don't care what Jon is like at all, good person? Bad person? Whatever it is, I'm just here for the music, and it was always like that.

A lot of artists do good acts of charity, that's fine, don't get me wrong, I just don't like to idealize an artist for these things.

And about this, I gave my opinion on these two songs (DWYC and AR), and it seemed like a good idea, especially since it is perfect to fit it with his new album.

Fair enough! Jon aside, every celebrity in Hollywood has a charity for write off purposes.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265781)
Fair enough! Jon aside, every celebrity in Hollywood has a charity for write off purposes.

But I am not trying to make that point. I'm just not interested in that part of the artist. My interest is in music and how that connects with me. I do not care if he donates to charity or if he is a drug addict. I am here for the music, not for the person.

Rdkopper 07-22-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265783)
But I am not trying to make that point. I'm just not interested in that part of the artist. My interest is in music and how that connects with me. I do not care if he donates to charity or if he is a drug addict. I am here for the music, not for the person.

The problem is, his politics are driving his music.

Jon would definitely throw his hat in the political ring if he could. He just doesn't want all the dirt outed from his early rock star days.