Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Manic Street Preachers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48919)

Matteo 09-09-2009 07:53 PM

Manic Street Preachers

Hi everybody!

I came accross this band sometime ago, when I first heard the song Autumnsong (I loved that one), then I made some research and I found that they are really a great band, now I can call myself a fan, and I definitely love songs like Motorcicle Emptiness, A Design For Life, Faster, Life Becoming A Landslide, You Stole The Sun From My Heart, Roses In The Hospital, Everything Must Go, Little Baby Nothing, If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next, La Tristesse Durera, You Love Us and many more.
I reckon they haven't been very popular here in Italy in the last years, maybe they were in the 90s.

I'd like to know what do you think of them, what songs and albums do you like the most and anything you know about this great welsh band.

Bye!
Matteo

C'monFeet 09-09-2009 07:56 PM

Well... I dyed my hair purple the night I went to see them in '94. Got a hand-drawn Richey Manic setlist as a souvenir. Lost it when I moved house.

Hard to see how they will ever do better than 'A Design for Life'.

Toba 09-09-2009 08:39 PM

Love them great great band

hometownboy 09-09-2009 09:27 PM

i love the manics, Everlasting is most plyaed song on my ipod ( i went through a phase of just listening to it over and over again :p)

their latest album is great aswell but like Cmon Feet said i cant see them topping A Design For Life

BonJovi100 09-09-2009 09:29 PM

Manic Street PReachers is AMAZING band. Probably my band nr. 2 (after BJ).
I started listen them 2 years ago after listenings them 2 song in radio in list top 100 songs ever in polish radio station. It was "Suicide Is Painless" and "IYTTYCWBNext". 2 amazing songs and after that I look on they videos on youtube and now I listen them very often,

First album which i listened was "Send Away A Tigers" great rock album.
But best album for me is probably.. "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours".

They have many fantastic songs but for me their best song is "Welcoem To Dead Zone" which... wasn't realised on any cd. It's ONLY B-side.

You can listen it here. I swear it's really A M A Z I N G song!!

I also litening they solo albums which are also great.

Quote:

I'd like to know what do you think of them, what songs and albums do you like the most and anything you know about this great welsh band.
Have you listened their demos, b-sides?? Like in BJ they have really great demos/b-sides.

Listen Welcome To Dead Zone...

C'monFeet 09-09-2009 09:41 PM

Talking 'a Design for Life', I always loved the cover of Suicide is Painless on the B-side.

::checks you tube::

::praises you tube::

Yes, it's awesome!

C'monFeet 09-09-2009 09:44 PM

Awesome, and actually a little hard to listen to. Shook me up a bit.

Ferret 09-09-2009 10:50 PM

Journal For Plague lovers is one of the best albums of the year, without a doubt.

Yvonne 09-10-2009 12:15 AM

Manics and Blur were my fave bands in my teens.

Design For Life is the way forward and in my opinion they are better than Oasis :)

Jim Bon Jovi 09-10-2009 12:51 AM

I LOVED (and i mean ****ing LOVED) the manics circa everything must go / this is my truth era.

After that they kind of lost the plot imo and I lost interest but I put this is my truth onto itunes the oither night and when looking over the tunes there's a shitload of great ones. If anything it's stood the test of time better than everything must go which I think sounds pretty aged already.