Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 14 Werchter Festival Grounds, Werchter, Belgium Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70605)

Eveline 07-17-2019 08:20 AM

Who cares what Jon says? Actions speak louder than words. He's clearly still pissed and hurt. Richie is cut out of all the pics that appear on the screen before the intro. Jon still hails Phil a band's saviour, even though 6 years have passed and Phil has become an official member. When I posted a vid to Hail The King and said the story could refer to Richie lyrically, another fellow fan made fun of me because Jon SAID it was about the Soul Kitchen. It just doesn't make sense. A lot of things don't make sense and dwelling on some old interviews is futile. I'm sure Richie's leaving left a big impact on Jon and anyone who doubts it never believed their friendship was genuine in the first place. It was, you can't act for so long and so well. And him changing his statements somehow doesn't surprise me. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for him and still is and when certain emotions kick in, you say this thing or another, even if you don't really mean (or realize) it.

Quote:

Nothing has gone downhill from Wembley, it's just that no one cares about shows in the arse end of Europe.
I couldn't care less for Wembley. Some Britons think they're the navel of the world, at least on the Old Continent. They just come over to those shitty little countries they despise so much, get drunk and take a piss into the city fountains. Like I said, actions... :rolleyes: Our Warsaw gig was absolutely a killer and you won't find a bad review of fans going out of the venue or complaining about Jon's lack of interest etc. We all had a blast and the numerous vids are a proof of that.

steel_horse75 07-17-2019 08:54 AM

The Official July 14 Werchter Festival Grounds, Werchter, Belgium Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1257236)
get drunk and take a piss into the city fountains.

Yeah sorry about that :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eveline 07-17-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1257237)
Yeah sorry about that :-)

It's OK. Your post actually made me laugh :D

YOVANAfromPeru 07-17-2019 11:11 AM

JackieBlue, I’m not good saving links… I basically depend on my memory: about the military song was in the cruise and about the trauma song was during an interview for a European country

No idea why everybody says their shows (in their own cities/countries) are the best lol, people need to be realistic
From what I saw from Wembley, Always was the only thing that got my real attention!
-_-

Eveline 07-17-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257241)
No idea why everybody says their shows (in their own cities/countries) are the best lol, people need to be realistic
From what I saw from Wembley, Always was the only thing that got my real attention! -_-

I attended only one gig so can't compare them or say which one was the best. I can only say mine was great and lots of fellow fans were happy they were there, too. When I read some snotty folks' very subjective opinions that BJ went downhill after Wembley or they're actually bad everywhere, this is where I need to step in. It's bullsh*t! When you're there in person it's all different. Watching YouTube vids just hurts, no matter what show it was.

micro cuts 07-17-2019 01:46 PM

I think it is all about the crowd's participation. Werchter would have got I'll be there for you and even a song from audibles if the crowd had showed a bit more interest. Also shows in English speaking countries make a difference in my opinion. People are more familiar with the lyrics.

JackieBlue 07-17-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257241)
… I basically depend on my memory: about the military song was in the cruise and about the trauma song was during an interview for a European country...

Thanks, ma'am! That's all I really needed to know. ;)

Supersonic 07-17-2019 02:50 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1257243)
I attended only one gig so can't compare them or say which one was the best. I can only say mine was great and lots of fellow fans were happy they were there, too.

But that's the thing. Everyone on here agrees every show is shit apart from the show they've visited. Yet YouTube shows the same mediocre vocals every single time. It's just gotten a bit worse after the break, but overall it's still shit and there's still plenty of people leaving happy everywhere.

Saying people can't judge a show by watching youTube video's makes no sense. Everyone agrees the shows in 1993 were fantastic though most people on Jovitalk haven't seen a show from that period at all. Maybe it's different for you because it's your first stadium show but you can't speak for others trashing the show you thought was great while agreeing afterwards it really wasn't that good. Just because you don't pick up on it the first time doesn't mean others don't either. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro cuts (Post 1257244)
I think it is all about the crowd's participation. Werchter would have got I'll be there for you and even a song from audibles if the crowd had showed a bit more interest. Also shows in English speaking countries make a difference in my opinion. People are more familiar with the lyrics.

I've no idea why people keep insisting the crowd was to blame for the shorter show. This show wasn't cut short because of the audience. Zurich was shorter as well. Madrid's encore was cut short as well. Both had excellent crowds.

And I don't think English speaking countries make a difference. If it would there'd be no point touring South America or Japan as I'd say 90% of the population doesn't speak English there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

daveyshaker 07-17-2019 03:55 PM

Link for Supersonic here as he isn't attending a show and just wants to comment on youtube videos again and again and again and AGAIN.

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...thread-t36750/

Thinny 07-17-2019 05:38 PM

The whole YouTube argument makes me laugh. It's people really clutching at straws.

Back in the 80s and 90s the best recording equiptment was nowhere near as good as what is on most mobile phones these days. Yet the band and Jon's voice still sound great or the most part, even in the really worst quality footage.

Nowadays high quality video and audio is easily recorded by anyone at a show. Yet it's the quality of the recording that's to blame for Jon sounding awful. It make absolutely no sense....If that was the case wouldn't all bands sound awful on the live YouTube videos. Because they don't. At all.....