Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 14 Werchter Festival Grounds, Werchter, Belgium Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70605)

YOVANAfromPeru 07-15-2019 12:21 PM

I’ll Be There For You is the best part of the recent concerts lately, and this setlist without that one has to be the worst
3 more concerts to end the European tour or 4 with Tel Aviv, and still no Hey God, Blaze Of Glory, or WHATEVER!

weekend 07-15-2019 12:30 PM

Did they play at a festival? Terrible crowd, showed little interest in the concert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJFan99 07-15-2019 12:41 PM

It's about time for Jon to open up about his vocal problems at least a bit more in public. It's actually absurd that he continuously brags about how great he sounds and then comes up with performances like this (not to mention the extremely auto-tuned "live" videos on the band's official YT channel):

https://youtu.be/qg3uUE-H6pk

BJFan99 07-15-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257126)
I’ll Be There For You is the best part of the recent concerts lately, and this setlist without that one has to be the worst
3 more concerts to end the European tour or 4 with Tel Aviv, and still no Hey God, Blaze Of Glory, or WHATEVER!

Neither Hey God or Blaze will ever be played live anymore with Jon's voice being in this state.

Zakatar 07-15-2019 01:12 PM

on the bright side, Captain Crash was finally dropped!

steel_horse75 07-15-2019 01:27 PM

You know who else is struggling vocally? Joe Elliott of Def Leppard.

Saw a few songs from Download and vocally he is worse than Jon. He cannot hit the high notes and like BJ his vocals are swamped by the backing vocals.

When he sings on his own its far worse than Jons - on the songs I saw at least.

prayer_84 07-15-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekend (Post 1257128)
Did they play at a festival? Terrible crowd, showed little interest in the concert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Festival or not, dropping the ONE amazing song remaining (I'll be There For You) from the set is a disgrace. Dead crowd or not, there were some 55 000 people who bought tickets and thus supported the band more than enough. If I were there, I'd be disappointed with a set that has neither Bed of Roses, nor I'll be There for You. After all, these are 2 of the bands 3 monster ballads (together with Always) and to have a set with ZERO of them is what I consider a big slap in the face.

prayer_84 07-15-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1257132)
You know who else is struggling vocally? Joe Elliott of Def Leppard.

Saw a few songs from Download and vocally he is worse than Jon. He cannot hit the high notes and like BJ his vocals are swamped by the backing vocals.

When he sings on his own its far worse than Jons - on the songs I saw at least.

I have no idea why you're saying that as I think exactly the opposite. I guess it's a matter of personal assessment, but I find Joe's vocals up to par. As for Jon, well, we all know already....

steel_horse75 07-15-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257134)
I have no idea why you're saying that as I think exactly the opposite. I guess it's a matter of personal assessment, but I find Joe's vocals up to par. As for Jon, well, we all know already....

Check out the Download 2019 programme on Sky Arts.

His voice is awful. Especially the high notes. During a chorus everyone joins in so its well hidden - just like Jovi

bonjovi90 07-15-2019 02:09 PM

I don't know what it is with Belgian crowds. Sometimes they're great (1993/2001), sometimes they're downright boring.

In 1988, Jon got so pissed he threw out Wanted and made a snarky remark at the beginning of Prayer. In 2011, this video makes it seem like they're witnessing a funeral:

And that was a proper band show with a decent setlist!

Of course that doesn't justify the below-par performance from last night (from what I've seen on videos).