Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

Javier 08-22-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1205113)
There is no guarantee of quality. TBH, the more recent Metallica albums have been no better than Bon Jovi albums... The main difference is, their frontman keeps it real and Jon pulled a 360

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I don't really agree but, don't you mean a 180??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Alphavictim 08-22-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1205282)
I don't really agree but, don't you mean a 180??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 08-22-2016 09:03 PM

new James Hetfield interview.

On whether the band planned the U.S. Bank Stadium show to coincide with the announcement of their new album: “No, no. We’ve been working on this record, realistically, for eight years. But it’s been two years starting to put songs together and, literally, the last two months is when it all started to come together. We now have our own label. There’s no rules anymore as far as you’ve got to do what the record company says or what the manager says. It’s got to be cool and fun for us, that’s the number one priority.”

On playing a big show after a lengthy break: “We freak out. ‘Oh my god, my arm hurts. I’m old!’ Everyone has those, we all get together and talk about them. Then we say, ‘OK, now that that crap’s out of the way, let’s kick some ass.’ I hear about a band like AC/DC that hasn’t played a show in six years. They don’t rehearse, they just get up and go. We’re not that. We need to get back in the space.”

On how the band is getting along these days: “There are always bumps that happen in personal lives, and that affects the band’s life. Or band life affects your personal life. We’ve walked through lots of fires and we’ve come out stronger on the other side. At the end of the day, we are friends.”

On the upcoming tour: “We’re not planning to go out and kill ourselves for three years. We love the road, we respect the road. But it can kill you. We’ve paid our dues. We want to tour smarter, be prepped for every gig, feel in the best health we can. It might be no two-in-a-rows. Maybe we’re only out for two weeks at a time. We just want, by the end of each show, to know we gave it our all and we feel great about it.”

Here link of interview complete
http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/20...er-than-later/

rolo_tomachi 08-22-2016 09:35 PM

http://oi64.tinypic.com/1zconjo.jpg

I love the new snippet

Making of Hardwired (recording on the Studio)

Behind the Music Video: hardwired.

KSantaFe 08-23-2016 01:16 AM

Yeah, "Blacked Out" sounds like something a little different - with some considerable groove on those riffs! I'm really looking forward to this album, Epica's The Holographic Principle, Pantera's 20th Anniversary Edition of The Great Southern Trendkill and Giraffe Tongue Orchestra's debut ... not to mention BJ and RSO - lots of interesting releases this year!

rolo_tomachi 08-23-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1205304)
Yeah, "Blacked Out" sounds like something a little different - with some considerable groove on those riffs! I'm really looking forward to this album, Epica's The Holographic Principle, Pantera's 20th Anniversary Edition of The Great Southern Trendkill and Giraffe Tongue Orchestra's debut ... not to mention BJ and RSO - lots of interesting releases this year!

And new U2 album Songs of Experience. They were very concerned about the fiasco of Songs of Innocence, and have been working hard on this album. I'm curious if sounds very different to the last release.

Nige 08-24-2016 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1205329)
And new U2 album Songs of Experience. They were very concerned about the fiasco of Songs of Innocence, and have been working hard on this album. I'm curious if sounds very different to the last release.

I think the only "fiasco" relating to Songs of Innocence was the way in which it was released. As an album it's been very well received hasn't it?

Walleris 08-24-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1205340)
I think the only "fiasco" relating to Songs of Innocence was the way in which it was released. As an album it's been very well received hasn't it?

Exactly. It hasn't been universally acclaimed, but reviews on the actual music were mostly positive. And since Songs of Experience was mostly written together with ...Innocence, I don't expect a drastic difference in the musical style or quality between the two albums.

Alphavictim 08-24-2016 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1205341)
And since Songs of Experience was mostly written together with ...Innocence, I don't expect a drastic difference in the musical style or quality between the two albums.

Wait, so the songs on the upcoming U2 album are, in other words, ones that did not make the previous one?

Walleris 08-24-2016 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1205345)
Wait, so the songs on the upcoming U2 album are, in other words, ones that did not make the previous one?

I didn't say that.

Bono mentioned the Experience album almost immediately after releasing Innocence. Hell, even the tour was named Innocence + Experience.

So my guess is they wrote material for two albums (perhaps with some new songs since then); hence it is released as two separate albums. Otherwise, I don't see a band at their age that takes ~5 years in between albums nowadays would pop a new one after 2 years only. Possible, but not probable.