Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   10 Years! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54096)

DevilsSon 08-09-2012 04:27 PM

10 Years!

...it just struck me, that I've been posting on Jovitalk for more than 10 years. That's ****in' insane. I don't think there's anything else in my life I've done with such regularity for such a long period of time. Nothing!

Not sure what that says about me, but it sure does say a lot about this place, and the people here.

Anyhow, just got nostalgic and stuff! Here's to more years:

Kathleen 08-09-2012 05:00 PM

It's about the same for me. I think the Bounce webcast was in Aug or Sept of 2002. I came here from the old Bruce board and never left. At the time you didn't even need to have an account to post which is why I didn't actually join until early 2003.

I have to say it was a good choice on my part. I have met some wonderful people and had some good times. And sometimes the music has been awesome too :p

Dave 1986 08-09-2012 09:04 PM

I'll be hitting that milestone at the end of the month!

I don't even remember joining, or how and why. I've not been a regular poster but I've checked in regularly ever since. Time goes way to fast.:eek:

This was my first ever (embarrassing) thread;

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...-stadium-t997/

Nige 08-09-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1087044)
I'll be hitting that milestone at the end of the month!

Same here! Where does the time go?!?!?!?

bjcrazycpa 08-09-2012 09:28 PM

Same for me well on August 30th...cannot believe it's been 10 years!!

ticos_stick 08-10-2012 01:55 AM

Where's my prize?

DevilsSon 08-10-2012 04:52 PM

Can't believe I am the 'oldest' around here :D
I think the webcast was middle of September. God, I remember thinking 'What the hell is Shepherd Bush Empire. What place has such a name?' and now I see gigs there regularly.

It's funny, just to think back what happened in this time:

- have seen 10 Bon Jovi concerts
- graduated from high school, from undergrad, and did a masters degree
- moved between 8 cities (I think!), in 5 countries, on 3 continents
- started and ended 5 relationships
- moved from wearing ripped jeans and leather to shirts and ties
...what ****in' not actually. It feels like an entire lifetime.

Maybe this quote makes some sense somewhere:
"‎Bon Jovi's music stopped speaking to me sometime in the 90's. Truth be told, though, maybe we just grew apart. Like the girls used to say: ''It's not you. It's me.'' I eventually gave up on the desperate throes of youthful passion and graduated to different, if not altogether more satisfying, music. Bon Jovi was the soundtrack of high school, Chunky chicken soup for the sophomore soul. It spoke to the rock stars we had planned to become rather than the accountants or programmers or baristas we became."

Yup, maybe that's the explanation for so much bitching at Bon Jovi :D We're just growing old!

Captain Walrus 08-11-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1087084)
Can't believe I am the 'oldest' around here :D
I think the webcast was middle of September. God, I remember thinking 'What the hell is Shepherd Bush Empire. What place has such a name?' and now I see gigs there regularly.

It's funny, just to think back what happened in this time:

- have seen 10 Bon Jovi concerts
- graduated from high school, from undergrad, and did a masters degree
- moved between 8 cities (I think!), in 5 countries, on 3 continents
- started and ended 5 relationships
- moved from wearing ripped jeans and leather to shirts and ties
...what ****in' not actually. It feels like an entire lifetime.

Maybe this quote makes some sense somewhere:
"‎Bon Jovi's music stopped speaking to me sometime in the 90's. Truth be told, though, maybe we just grew apart. Like the girls used to say: ''It's not you. It's me.'' I eventually gave up on the desperate throes of youthful passion and graduated to different, if not altogether more satisfying, music. Bon Jovi was the soundtrack of high school, Chunky chicken soup for the sophomore soul. It spoke to the rock stars we had planned to become rather than the accountants or programmers or baristas we became."

Yup, maybe that's the explanation for so much bitching at Bon Jovi :D We're just growing old!

Tell me about it man, 10 years ago I'd never seen Bon Jovi, or any gig at all for that matter! I'd never been in a relationship, never been drunk, never had a job (other than a paper round), never lived by myself and was just generally such a different person to what I am now. Now I've seen Bon Jovi 9 times and seen countless other bands too, am engaged, have been drunk a million times, have had a number of jobs and lived with friends and my girlfriend ... and it's pretty bizarre to think that Jovitalk has been one of the only constants through all that!

Captain Walrus 08-11-2012 12:22 AM

Also, I would have been on the new Jovitalk earlier but was on holiday when it switched over ... bit of a surprise when I came back!

Thomas Anderson 08-11-2012 12:53 AM

My God; has it been that long? I remember when this was all farm-land as far as the eye could see...