Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 11-02-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259745)
Since Jon said it's going to be 'featured' on the new album, I think it would be 1 of the 10, not a bonus track. But that's just a guess.

That's a good assumption!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rokenrola 11-02-2019 08:08 PM

It is good to have both,positive and negative opinions,even TD had negative reviews,from Americans mostly. If this song get 60-40 in a favour of positive then that is good sign. Lets see what new album brings. This is isolated song.

rolo_tomachi 11-02-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259751)
It's like any other art form that you're into... if you're at a museum and someone dislikes a painting, you ask why... Would you rather then answer because it's shit or would you rather get their deepest opinion?

I don't want to hear the same music over and over again... I think Shanks and Jon have reached their limits after and even during The Circle. The bands entire post 2000 catalog have not lived up to my standards.

When it comes to this song, I think the vocals are throwing most people off... Put a 1990 JBJ behind this and the song moves to greatness. Unfortunately that's not going to happen and I accept that. After almost 20 years, I'm accepting it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I think the song is fine, and I don't think the voice ruins the song, rather the rhythm / tone is what ruins it, because it's too slow. The mix is not very good either, Shanks has not tried to make this sound good.

Here I have done a little experiment, I have changed the rhythm / tone slightly (accelerated a little) and the voice is equalized a bit, the result is more pleasant for me, and not as boring as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZom...ature=youtu.be

:twisted:

JackieBlue 11-02-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1259755)
I think the song is fine, and I don't think the voice ruins the song, rather the rhythm / tone is what ruins it, because it's too slow. The mix is not very good either, Shanks has not tried to make this sound good.

Here I have done a little experiment, I have changed the rhythm / tone slightly (accelerated a little) and the voice is equalized a bit, the result is more pleasant for me, and not as boring as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZom...ature=youtu.be

:twisted:

"This video has been removed."
You took it down? :(

hackster73 11-02-2019 08:43 PM

I downloaded Unbroken

I was open minded given the meaning and content. I've listened to it a few times and it's absolutely shit. I am embarrassed to listen to it anymore so now permanently deleted.

If this is even a flavour of the new album or sound of what the band is capable of now then forget it.

hackster73 11-02-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1259739)
"God of mercy, God of light. This song is a load of shite"

Fits perfectly. You're welcome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Embarrassing isn't it

rolo_tomachi 11-02-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1259756)
"This video has been removed."
You took it down? :(

Youtube removed.

SadieLady 11-02-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1259693)
You take this EXACT same song, music, lyrics and all and put Springsteen's name as the writer, it would be hailed as a masterpiece and nominated for awards. I have no doubt.

This might belong in the "Anything Thread" and moderators can move it if so. I recently saw Western Stars and throughout the movie I couldn't help but compare BS and JBJ in terms of image and marketing. BS released a revealing, articulate autobiography, JBJ released two coffee table books; BS had an extended, sold-out 35-week run on Broadway and was nominated for a Tony, JBJ barely managed a limited residency in London and 100s of tickets had to be given away [yes, I am aware of the seating differences between a theater vs an arena]; BS released Western Stars which presents the new music in lieu of a tour consisting of an intimate concert in his century-old barn and with beautifully photographed vignettes between the songs with explanatory narration by BS, JBJ generally just releases bad videos. Both are multi-millionaires but one comes off as a philosopher and an artist and one doesn't. Both crafts their image and brand and yet one seems more authentic and one seems more marketed. Which one is real?

Falco 11-02-2019 09:38 PM

That good ol' fun rock n' roll genre died out a long time ago, it's not the band's fault. I know I don't wanna hear a Slippery or New Jersey-sounding album being released today. It just wouldn't fit in today's music landscape. Well, and of course Jon's vocal abilities have weakened greatly since then. The last great rockin' song we got from them was We Don't Run, and some of you guys still shit all over it, which just tells me the majority here will just never be pleased because you're stuck in the past.

I live in the present, not the past. It makes it easier to listen to, and appreciate, when you accept this is where we are now, everyone is older, nothing lasts forever. So many of my favorite singers, bands, etc. have retired or died so I'm happy these guys are still chugging along, even if they are a vastly different band today.

rokuli 11-02-2019 10:41 PM

The general consensus here seems to be that everyone not liking the song is trying to prove how it's "objectively bad". Guess what? That's impossible.

You dont feel it. That's ok.

I feel it. And I still like it. It's got certain mood. And I haven't felt "mood" in a Bon Jovi song in a long time.

And about the band and them missing in the video...Same reason why there won't be any solo record from Jon ever again.

Bon Jovi == Jon Bon Jovi.

And actually that's how its always been. Jon + "musicians" as it stated in 80s tour document.