Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261780)
If I say I’m done with the band it’s I’m done as in liking/pre-ordering new material. I still have the first 6 albums to cuddle in bed every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So go enjoy them. "This is first time I’m not pre-ordering from one of my fav bands" "This is the first album I'm not buying" "No solo will save this song". New BJ ain't for you. It's barely for me but at what point do we stop shoving our opinions down everyone's throats. All for discussing but holy hell is it hard to have discussions when it's downers everywhere.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 04:03 PM

20/20: The New Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261783)
So go enjoy them. "This is first time I’m not pre-ordering from one of my fav bands" "This is the first album I'm not buying" "No solo will save this song". New BJ ain't for you. It's barely for me but at what point do we stop shoving our opinions down everyone's throats. All for discussing but holy hell is it hard to have discussions when it's downers everywhere.

I don’t mind verses. That’s a positive!
It’s a bj forum. If people can’t view their dislike/like for bj related stuff where can they?
If people love it then great, tell us why.

liljovi93 02-20-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261783)

Someone called him out on Twitter about repeating himself too.

As you said, I can speak and debate or whatever all day but sometimes it's just people saying the same thing over and over again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 02-20-2020 04:09 PM

I think these past few albums are nothing more than John Shanks albums featuring JBJ on vocals...

I honestly believe that Shanks does 90% of the album. Not just the production but writing the music, riffs, melodies, etc... Probably even writes 1/2 the lyrics too. Jon gets handed an almost completed song and just adds his own touch to personalize it.

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261784)
I don’t mind verses. That’s a positive!
It’s a bj forum. If people can’t view their dislike/like for bj related stuff where can they?
If people love it then great, tell us why.

On the flip, if you dislike it tell us why. After that point it's just repeating it over and over and over. I don't love this song, I hardly like it but you won't find me chiming in again and again about how the band is terrible now and the song is unsavable. I still want to be excited and discuss the new album with people who want to discuss things. Is it just me here?

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261786)
I think these past few albums are nothing more than John Shanks albums featuring JBJ on vocals...

I honestly believe that Shanks does 90% of the album. Not just the production but writing the music, riffs, melodies, etc... Probably even writes 1/2 the lyrics too. Jon gets handed an almost completed song and just adds his own touch to personalize it.

I think Pollstar said the album was written primarily by Jon so let's see!

Rdkopper 02-20-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261788)
I think Pollstar said the album was written primarily by Jon so let's see!

Lyrics... But that's the easy part. And judging by these, he put half an effort into them...

Coming up with the music, chorus, melodies, etc, if the difficult part.

Those days of sitting down with two acoustic guitars working off a title are long gone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261786)

I think you’re bang on.

Jack27 02-20-2020 04:42 PM

Probably coincidence...but did anyone spot the release date 20 02 (2020)

Captain_jovi 02-20-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261789)
Lyrics... But that's the easy part. And judging by these, he put half an effort into them...

Coming up with the music, chorus, melodies, etc, if the difficult part.

Those days of sitting down with two acoustic guitars working off a title are long gone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

According to the podcast Shanks just did that's exactly how they still write. I see the angle you're coming from. I still hear Jon-isms throughout the melodies and chord structures. For sure Shanks was an equal contributor to this one but I don't believe Jon is handed 95 percent of the work done.