Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   European tour - the stage (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70551)

CamS 05-28-2019 03:48 PM

New Stage in the dark:

Also, Setlist from rehearsal

1. Knockout
2. Raise Your Hands
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. We Weren't Born To Follow
6. Lost Highway
---------------------------------
7. It's My Life
8. When We Were Us
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got It Goin On
11. Keep The Faith
12. You Want To (Make A Memory)
13. Bed Of Roses
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Blood On Blood
16. Runaway
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Bad Medicine
19. Livin On A Prayer

KIDDING! Just my own fictional setlist, but one I think would work better than what they have been doing.

Eveline 05-28-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamS (Post 1253125)

Also, Setlist from rehearsal

1. Knockout
2. Raise Your Hands
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. We Weren't Born To Follow
6. Lost Highway
7. It's My Life
8. When We Were Us
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got It Goin On
11. Keep The Faith
12. You Want To (Make A Memory)
13. Bed Of Roses
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Blood On Blood
16. Runaway
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Bad Medicine
19. Livin On A Prayer

KIDDING! Just my own fictional setlist, but one I think would work better than what they have been doing.

How can you be so cruel? The setlist is not bad at all!

bonjovi90 05-28-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1253135)
How can you be so cruel? The setlist is not bad at all!

AS IF Bon Jovi would ever rehearse this much [emoji39]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Eveline 05-28-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253136)
AS IF Bon Jovi would ever rehearse this much [emoji39]

haha true! :rolleyes:

Jonty 05-29-2019 10:54 PM

Hopefully the sound will be good! The debate of sound in the stadiums is currently doing the rounds, i remember the bad feedback from the snare drum for half the RDS show and Wembley is notorious for bad sound. Saying that, maybe we don't want to hear Jon too loud.

fairtex444 05-30-2019 08:08 PM

https://tv.delfi.ee/uudised/kroonika...ng?id=86370513

Chris_Newton 05-30-2019 08:29 PM

Will Wembley get this stage?

Isn't there 3 concerts in 3 nights?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Supersonic 05-30-2019 08:36 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1253213)
Will Wembley get this stage?

Isn't there 3 concerts in 3 nights?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No, Wembley won't get it either.

Moscow, Stockholm, Sønderborg, Dublin, London, Dusseldorf, Madrid, Warsaw, Vienna and Bucharest will all get this stage while the bigger stage travels to the other dates.

Still, everyone's here thinking the "other" stage is rubbish. It isn't. There isn't as big of a difference as everyone's making out to be. As far as I'm aware there's no picture of "the stage" in daylight yet?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Jack27 05-30-2019 11:23 PM

While I’m not saying you’re wrong I can’t imagine that Wembley (arguably the biggest show on the tour) won’t get the main stage?

bonjovi90 05-31-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1253235)
While I’m not saying you’re wrong I can’t imagine that Wembley (arguably the biggest show on the tour) won’t get the main stage?

Well, I think there are a few acts in a row in Wembley, so it just won't be possible. Hyde Park were some of the biggest shows in 2011 and 2013 and both didn't have the touring stage either.

liljovi93 05-31-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1253246)
Well, I think there are a few acts in a row in Wembley, so it just won't be possible. Hyde Park were some of the biggest shows in 2011 and 2013 and both didn't have the touring stage either.

Both were festivals, though.

Hard Rock Calling and British Summer TIme so that was the reason we didn't have the stage then.

A concert happened the other week and then the next night, a boxing fight was on. Obviously, a ring is easier to put up but people just started work earlier.

Shame if we don't get the stage at Wembley like.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 05-31-2019 08:23 AM

Bon Jovi play first so eagles and billy might use BJs stage with a few tweaks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLAME-XIII 05-31-2019 05:29 PM

https://pp.userapi.com/c848636/v8486...GUMwNAUDi0.jpg
found on VK

james_d 05-31-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAME-XIII (Post 1253294)

The stage does look really cool

Jonty 05-31-2019 09:29 PM

So which stage is that? A big one, small one, bonjovi one or a standard one?

Elvistico 06-06-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1253403)
So which stage is that? A big one, small one, bonjovi one or a standard one?

They are touring with 2 exact stages and every show wil be the same stage.
The only place i might see a difference happening is in Werchter because they play as a headliner in the Werchter Classic festival. Nevertheless, they have a week to set up their own stage there between rock werchter and tw classic

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Supersonic 06-06-2019 04:53 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254064)
They are touring with 2 exact stages and every show wil be the same stage.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Yeah...Except for they're not. There's 2 different stages this tour, as there always are. One is wider and taller. It's been like this for at least a decade.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Elvistico 06-11-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1254075)
Aloha !

Yeah...Except for they're not. There's 2 different stages this tour, as there always are. One is wider and taller. It's been like this for at least a decade.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

You're right. I thought they stopped doing that since 2013 with the 'Sofia - Car' stage. Wasn't that stage in every city except for where they did a festival?

For this tour I forgot to pay attention, but I still wonder why they do this? It is basically the roof of the stage that is different and the screens are little bended on the 'big' stage while they are just flat on the 'smaller' stage.

But why do they do this? I don't know any other band that does this.
It means Holland will get the 'small' one since they have the big one in Danmark? - wtf? - Holland used to be a major country for Bon Jovi.

It can't have anything to do with logistics and it doesn't seem to be that big of a difference in costs either.

So why?

daveyshaker 06-12-2019 10:18 PM

Actually there’s 3 stages on this tour.

ticos_stick 06-12-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyshaker (Post 1254724)
Actually there’s 3 stages on this tour.

The three stages are.

Excitement (pre show)
Disappointed (during show)
Sadness (after show)

liljovi93 06-12-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254727)
The three stages are.

Excitement (pre show)
Disappointed (during show)
Sadness (after show)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That was good. Well played.

ticos_stick 06-13-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1254729)
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That was good. Well played.

In these trying times we must try to raise the spirits [emoji12]

Supersonic 06-13-2019 03:04 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254482)
You're right. I thought they stopped doing that since 2013 with the 'Sofia - Car' stage. Wasn't that stage in every city except for where they did a festival?

There were 2 different car stages as well. The differences were small, but they were there nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254482)
For this tour I forgot to pay attention, but I still wonder why they do this? It is basically the roof of the stage that is different and the screens are little bended on the 'big' stage while they are just flat on the 'smaller' stage.

But why do they do this? I don't know any other band that does this.
It means Holland will get the 'small' one since they have the big one in Danmark? - wtf? - Holland used to be a major country for Bon Jovi.

It can't have anything to do with logistics and it doesn't seem to be that big of a difference in costs either.

So why?

To save money. The same reason why Bon Jovi plays at odd locations like Slagmarken, Goffertpark, Sr-Bank Arena, Ricoh Arena and Klagenfurt. It's cheaper to rent B-locations than A-locations. It's also cheaper to have one stage travelling with them instead of 2 or 3. And it's even cheaper not to have your own stage designed for you but to borrow things from someone else.

I'm not sure they're even travelling with their own stage this time though. They've got their own screens but everything else I think is borrowed from Stageco, which is taking care of the production of several big artists this summer. The stage in Moscow is travelling all the way through Europe and is shared by various artists. Elton John used a variation of it a few nights ago and it'll probably be at Wembley and the RDS as well. Having Bon Jovi come over to Europe this time was a risk. Plenty of shows sold well but several of them undersold. Having their own stage would mean higher ticket prices and thus less of a chance of selling enough tickets. It's not the only time they're sharing things. When the band plays Olympic Stadium in Munich, Elton John plays the Olympiahalle a few hundred meters down the road. Although Elton uses a small stage for the indoor shows chances are crew members are swapped out for both productions.

In the end, a band will tell promoters they were willing to tour Europe but only for a certain amount of money. Promoters think they'll only be able to take a certain amount of money if they cut down the costs on other things. So the band are booked for Wembley at the same time 2 other artists have a gig there as well. Eagles cost a fortune to book and so do Bon Jovi and thus production costs are cut in half when it comes to putting up a stage. I even think Bon Jovi wouldn't play Wembley this time around would Eagles and Billy Joel not play there. This works the same way for Eagles though. They'd not have played there would Bon Jovi not have played there as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Juls Sambora 06-16-2019 05:29 PM

Does anybody know at what time the backstage tours take place before the concert?