Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mr Big fans???? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15777)

Mike McRock 08-23-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifannz
If I was closer I would love to audition but since I am in New Zealand
that is not really possible...

If you could play as well as Billy Sheehen I'd pay for your airfare and accomodation!!!! Billy is a genious, and best bass player I've ever seen! :D

bonjovifannz 08-23-2003 02:38 PM

Well then I better get practising!

Will let you know why I am at that stage and we can organise how I can
get over there :D

jovilaura_fi 08-25-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McRock
Don't know how many solo albums Billy's got out, I have the new one. Can't even remember the title now, maybe it's Camelian, but it rocks. Great bass and guitar work from Billy on the album. Plus a great Steve Vai guest solo on there!

Compression?

Iceman 08-25-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
Listen to 'Stay Together' from their greatest hits. That is one hell of a song.

Agreed. It's one of the best, if not THE best song by the band...

Ice

letitrock 08-26-2003 02:47 PM

interesting video for "Stay Together", but the best stuff is the rock stuff imo... i think in all honesty they got to a stage where they were producing a lot of very average material, whereas bump ahead and lean into it for me are 2 albums where i think 90% of it is superb, and that even the other 10% is good/ok

they are all such amazing musicians, performers but for me billy sheehan stands out, and i love their version of Shy Boy

Cowgirl77 08-27-2003 11:08 PM

I was a big fan in the early 90's as well... My fave songs are Addicted to that rush, Had enough, Anything for you, Daddy-brother..., Voodoo kiss, To be with you, all songs on Bump Ahead (great album!), Goin' where the wind blows, If that's what it takes and Dancin' right into the flame. I also found an album with them from 1999 called Get Over It, but I haven't really listened to it. Paul Gilbert isn't on it...

jovilaura_fi 08-28-2003 09:40 AM

I really haven't listened to any of their stuff with Richie Kotzen on it, I'm not sure if I want to :? To me Paul Gilbert was the only real guitarist for the band... I might give it a shot tho if I find the album in a shop somewhere.

As it is I've managed to lose my Lean into it, and I'm desperate to listen to it right now... :?

captain 10-04-2003 09:28 PM

Mr. big are one of the best! Their songs are awesome. I love specially the first two records (the ones with Paul Gilbert!). I love songs like 'Never Say Never', 'Alive And Kicking', 'Vodoo Kiss', 'Addicted to That Rush',...great band!
Their last album, Actual Size, with Kotzen was very good. And i recommend everybody the dvd of their farewell tour!it's amazing!

I didn't see them live but i got the chance to see and talk to Bolly Sheehan when he came to Barcelona with Steve vai. Big player, bigger person!

jovilaura_fi 10-05-2003 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain
I didn't see them live but i got the chance to see and talk to Bolly Sheehan when he came to Barcelona with Steve vai. Big player, bigger person!

:mrgreen:

Where when why how did you meet him? How was he?

I so want to meet him!!!

letitrock 10-05-2003 01:22 AM

actually some people i went to school with stayed behind after the show and met billy and steve and the rest of the band. I wanted to also but because i was with dad and uncle we left after the show