Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your first ever gig? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47611)

BeExcellent 02-13-2009 04:50 PM

Your first ever gig?

At ten or eleven years old, mine was Erasure at Birmingham NEC in 1989. It was the first time I'd ever had that feeling of "I just have to get tickets for this" that I still get today (i just badgered my parents and made the most of my sweet face) and it obviously made an impression. It was a spectacular show, visually and imaginatively, even from the very back row. Just to hear the difference between music performed live and the album - the transformation was massive.

liljovi93 02-13-2009 04:52 PM

When i was 10 to go and see Bon Jovi. Great day :)

crashed 02-13-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 906080)
At ten years old, mine was Erasure at Birmingham NEC in 1989. It was the first time I'd ever had that feeling of "I just have to get tickets for this" that I still get today and it obviously made an impression. It was a spectacular show, visually and imaginatively, even from the very back row. Just to hear the difference between music performed live and the album - the transformation was massive.

Heh, weird, Erasure was my wife's first ever gig too. I think she'd have seen them in London or MK though.

Mine was Thunder at the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1995. It was supposed to be Skid Row at the Barrowlands a few years earlier but my mates got paranoid and pulled out of that one. Thunder were great though, and it was awesome to hear a rock band play. The support acts were pretty good too.

But then my 2nd was Bon Jovi, in a stadium, on the These Days tour - nothing else could really top that.

Goldsausage 02-13-2009 04:54 PM

Busted (supported by McFly and a bunch of crappier pop acts).

They were huge over here in the UK and my two younger brothers loved them, I wasn't really that into them. But our parents bought us tickets to go see them when they played at a city near us. I must have been in Year 7.

It was a great night actually :D My brother now hates Busted and I love them (What? They rock) :D. I secretly wish they'd get back together :(

Enjoyable night. Despite getting elbowed in the face by some blonde bitch.

BeExcellent 02-13-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 906084)
Despite getting elbowed in the face by some blonde bitch.

You seem to have a real problem with women.

Goldsausage 02-13-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 906085)
You seem to have a real problem with women.

How do you mean?

BeExcellent 02-13-2009 04:59 PM

First the fashion students, now the blondes....

BeExcellent 02-13-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 906088)
First the fashion students, now the blondes....

J/K - not trying to be an asshole.

crashed 02-13-2009 05:05 PM

I once kicked a girl in the face at a Counting Crows show. The gig had finished and I had about 5 minutes to catch a train, so instead of waiting to wade through the crowd I climbed over a barrier, but must have flicked my foot backwards as I was going over. Poor girl. i couldn't even stop to see how she was because I had to run - and I have huge feet. Worse thing was I'd been standing near her the whole show and we'd been having a great laugh.

Goldsausage 02-13-2009 05:11 PM

Fashion students care only for themselves, blondes are not as pretty as brunettes.

I'm not a misogynist, just a realist.