Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   For Fans of "The Darkness"... I Now Present - Hot Leg (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47539)

RyanBounce04 01-31-2009 07:25 AM

For Fans of "The Darkness"... I Now Present - Hot Leg

So I don't know how many of you guys were as crazy for "The Darkness" as I was, but now Justin Hawkins is back with a recycled version of "The Darkness" and it's called "Hot Leg". As you know, Justin fought a severe drug addiction which caused his exit from his previous band. Those members went on to form "The Stone Gods" and in my opinion, their just okay. "Hot Leg" proves simply that Justin Hawkins was the heart and soul of "The Darkness". From what it sounds like, the album "Red Light Fever" will pick up right where Hawkins left off. So for those that loved "The Darkness", you'll have no problem loving "Hot Leg"...

http://www.myspace.com/hotleg
Listen to "I've Met Jesus" and "Trojan Guitar".

"Cocktails" Music Video

Ryan

BeExcellent 01-31-2009 10:22 AM

Yeah, they supported Extreme at the end of last year. Was never a fan of the Darkness really, or at least could never understand how they became so huge, but enjoyed the Hot Leg set. Justin Hawkins came across a real professional.

liljovi93 01-31-2009 02:02 PM

I liked The Darkness. They made some decent songs. Wish they were still together.

hometownboy 01-31-2009 04:19 PM

i downloaded their ep earlier this month, it's all about cupboard love :p hoping to see them in march aswell :)

Dave 1986 01-31-2009 04:31 PM

I was a big fan back in 2003/2004. Still haven't checked out Hot Leg yet, but I probably should soon. Then again, I tried listening to the two Darkness albums recently and they didn't do all that much for me anymore, sadly.

Slightly off topic, I guess why the Darkness were so popular back then was because at the time it was mostly depressing post-grunge/nu-metal/pre-emo bands (alot of which were quite bland sounding) and emerging from the mist was this colourful happy fun-loving and funny band who could actually play a guitar! And ofcourse they did have catchy tunes for mainstream music fans to get hooked into. Ofcourse the masses saw them as a joke/novelty band so their fate was kinda doomed either way.

Iceman 01-31-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 903884)
Of course the masses saw them as a joke/novelty band so their fate was kinda doomed either way.

...and as history has shown us, the masses were right.

Re: Hot Legs, Justin still can't sing. The guitars sound ok, although pretty standard riffs, but the vocals are just appalling. Just like The Darkness.

Ice

liljovi93 01-31-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 903895)
...and as history has shown us, the masses were right.

Re: Hot Legs, Justin still can't sing. The guitars sound ok, although pretty standard riffs, but the vocals are just appalling. Just like The Darkness.

Ice

He's got a decent voice. It's powerful. I like the song that Ryan posted.

Iceman 01-31-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 903914)
He's got a decent voice. It's powerful.

You can call it many things, but powerful it ain't. Squealing in falsetto like your balls are in a vice is not powerful, it's painful.

Ice

liljovi93 02-01-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 903926)
You can call it many things, but powerful it ain't. Squealing in falsetto like your balls are in a vice is not powerful, it's painful.

Ice

It is powerful in a way though, he can hit any type of not. That song proved it. He goes from ded squeaky to normal to deep in the space of a couple of seconds.

RSROCKS 02-01-2009 03:50 PM

Wait...the Darkness actually has fans?