Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Absolutely flawless albums (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47174)

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 01-10-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 900193)
i;ve been ona bowie kick all week.

if i didn't mention it in my last post in here ziggy stardust definitely goes in here as does hunky dory.

listening to that era of bowie genuinely makes me jealous of his song writing abilities and i've NEVER felt like that about any other writer.

i know bowies songwriting is amazing, especially hunky dory through to diamond dogs, cant say i enjoy his 80's stuff that much but there are some gems in there:cool:

Malachy 01-10-2009 07:33 PM

Bat Out Of Hell,

yes its over the top, opra, bombastic rock,

but for the 6 songs on the ablem, from bat out of hell to (for) crying out loud,

the album is note perfect, the songs are fantasticly crafted (lyrics do what they are meant) the vocals, the piano work, guitar,

the album is a masterpiece! all songs are amazin, not one filler in sight, hence why its one of the biggest selling of all time!

liljovi93 01-10-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleep-When-Im-Dead (Post 900207)
i know bowies songwriting is amazing, especially hunky dory through to diamond dogs, cant say i enjoy his 80's stuff that much but there are some gems in there:cool:

Yeah, he is a great songwriter. His 80's albums/songs are great i think. I love Heathen and Reality though.

aph01 01-10-2009 08:35 PM

I own loads of 'greatest hits' albums, but not as many albums, but here is my list in no pareticular order:

Def Leppard - Hysteria and Pyromainia
Meat Loaf - Bat 1, 2 and 3
Nickelback - All the Right Reasons and Dark Horse
Daughtry - Daughtry
Bon Jovi - SWW and New Jersey
The Darkness - Permission to Land and One Way Ticket To Hell
Green Day - American Idiot
Guns N Roses - Appetite
My Chemical Romance - Black Parade

And, at the risk of loosing all 'street cred'....Mcfly - Radio Active (friggin rockin album)

I love bands like Toto, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Whitesnake, MJ, Journey, Goo Goo Dolls, Clapton, Elton John, Bryan Adams and many more, but I dont actually own an album of theirs, just greatest hits or live albums. I didnt actually realise that until I started thinking about this list!! Maybe I shold start buying some albums!

Thunderstrucker 01-10-2009 08:39 PM

How on earth can you call Dark Horse a flawless album ?
Don't reply with saying you think the lyrics are fantastic haha

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

JerseyboyUK 01-10-2009 08:47 PM

'Dark Horse' whilst stinking bad is hardly the worst on the list, what about some of the others ie. 'Daughtry'?!?! a flawless album????????? Get a grip fella.

Thunderstrucker 01-10-2009 10:03 PM

That could have been my reply as well but I chose to keep it a bit friendly haha, nevertheless I do completely agree.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

hometownboy 01-10-2009 10:09 PM

lol and the mcfly album :p

Goldsausage 01-10-2009 10:12 PM

Oh c'mon guys give him a break, he's Irish, they can't help being crazy.

aph01 01-10-2009 10:53 PM

I was expecting that sorta response. As I said, I dont own a whole pile of albums, mainly just greatest hits stuff.

Yeah, I hear you about Nickelback. Most people put their noses in the air and say they are shite, but i dont agree, They are good at what they do. There songs sound pretty similar at times, but I just find them catchy, fun to play on guitar and easy to listen to. I dont tend to skip any tracks when I listen to these albums. Yep, the lyrics are crap, most songs revolve around sex or drugs, but as I said, I find them catchy and addictive. You know what they say...whatever floats your boat!

Mcfly is a little shameful i must admit, I tried my best not to like it, and I think I should be given a bit of credit for having the courage to let you know I like them. I bet there are plenty of people on this board who like them, but would just prefer to keep it to themselves! Most of the tracks on the new album are influenced by 'classic rock', most of you could probably appreciate 'everybody knows', 'pov', 'the last song' and many more. I dare you to listen!! Most of you think of their poppier stuff like star girle etc (which I dont like), but the most recent album isnt like that. On second thoughts, it may not be a flwless album, but it is a complete turnaround from their former stuff, and I love it!!! Plus it was free!!!