Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Absolutely flawless albums (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47174)

Thunderstrucker 01-10-2009 11:01 PM

What I consider as the definition of 'flawless' is that music, lyrics and the sound of both are perfect or close to.
Even if you like the sound of Nickelback, and I must admit that they play good live with ignoring the 'Are you having a ****ing good time tonight?' every 5 minutes as they played as support act for Bon Jovi on the HAND tour, their songs sound mostly the same and the lyrics are far from perfect.

I am a AC/DC fan but I didn't list it. It 'floats my boat' but it sure ain't flawless so not worth listing.

Maybe for everyone counts another meaning of 'flawless' but listing it because it floats your boat doesn't sound to me as worth listing in a list of flawless albums.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

kenobi_on_a_prayer 01-11-2009 05:09 AM

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

Bruce Springsteen - The Rising (9/11 doesn't have any special resonance with me either but I do think this is an impeccable album)

Bon Jovi - These Days (I can honestly listen to this anytime and dig every track)

Five For Fighting - America Town

aph01 01-11-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 900241)
What I consider as the definition of 'flawless' is that music, lyrics and the sound of both are perfect or close to.
Even if you like the sound of Nickelback, and I must admit that they play good live with ignoring the 'Are you having a ****ing good time tonight?' every 5 minutes as they played as support act for Bon Jovi on the HAND tour, their songs sound mostly the same and the lyrics are far from perfect.

I am a AC/DC fan but I didn't list it. It 'floats my boat' but it sure ain't flawless so not worth listing.

Maybe for everyone counts another meaning of 'flawless' but listing it because it floats your boat doesn't sound to me as worth listing in a list of flawless albums.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Ok, I guess I see what you are saying. I may have gone into this listing my FAVOURITE albums rather than those that are FLAWLESS. However, im not going to revoke my claim that Nickelbacks All the Right Reasons is flawless...maybe dark horse isnt flawless, but to my ears its great.

Crushgen24/88 01-11-2009 10:54 AM

To build on my earlier post, I think "American Idiot" by Green Day is the definition of a flawless record. Sonically, lyrically, and thematically every song fits perfectly with every other.

JerseyboyUK 01-11-2009 12:53 PM

And, for the record, McFly are a million times better than Nickelback. I'm not even kidding.

zero_zero_UFO 01-11-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 900241)

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Very true, which is why i haven't posted what i consider a flawless album. i haven't come across one in my life so far. certainly none of those posted. can there even be a 'flawless album'? a flawless song maybe....but a whole album...

zero_zero_UFO 01-11-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 900309)
And, for the record, McFly are a million times better than Nickelback. I'm not even kidding.

here's the maths....if nickelback are 0 on a scale of 1to10, then a million times 0 is 0....yes i agree :)

liljovi93 01-11-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 900219)
How on earth can you call Dark Horse a flawless album ?
Don't reply with saying you think the lyrics are fantastic haha

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

I really like Dark Horse too. Some really really good songs on it.

(Don't)Lie_to_me 01-11-2009 05:20 PM

The Wall - 'Floyd
From the Cradle, Journeyman - Clapton
New Jersey - BJ
Arc of a Diver - Steve Winwood

Adam D 01-21-2009 08:13 AM

These Days - Bon Jovi

Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette

Abbey Road - The Beatles

Invisible Touch - Genesis

Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys