Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70086)

Dave88 09-10-2017 10:35 PM

2018 / 2019 European Tour rumors

Alright, let's start with the rumors about the upcoming European Tour.. according to this article (I can guarantee this newspaper is super reliable) the band will play San Siro in Milan:

http://www.ilgiorno.it/milano/cronac...2018-1.3387600

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

bonjovi90 09-10-2017 11:03 PM

I can't see them being able to pull off a stadium tour in Europe at this moment in time. Jon's not up for it.

steel_horse75 09-11-2017 09:32 AM

Good luck with that. They'd never fill it

jovifan93 09-11-2017 12:37 PM

My Italian really isn't any good, but doesn't "Probabile il ritorno anche dei Bon Jovi," mean that it's *probable*/*possible* that Bon Jovi will return?

manarosi 09-11-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1227574)
My Italian really isn't any good, but doesn't "Probabile il ritorno anche dei Bon Jovi," mean that it's *probable*/*possible* that Bon Jovi will return?

yes it is! (i'm italian :p)

Dave88 09-11-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1227574)

Well yeah at this stage the show is *possible* because contracts have not been signed yet and nothing has been officially announced... but there are negotiations going on.

Again, this newspaper has always been 100% right when it comes to concerts in Milan, for example they were first to write about Bon Jovi's 2013 San Siro show MONTHS before the date was officially announced.

BJFan99 09-11-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1227571)
Good luck with that. They'd never fill it

Why? Most fans (or "fans", depending on the perspective) wouldn't notice Jon's vocal problems anyway... :roll:

bonjovi90 09-11-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1227580)
Why? Most fans (or "fans", depending on the perspective) wouldn't notice Jon's vocal problems anyway... :roll:

Maybe in the USA, here in Europe we are much more critical and hostile :D

Thinny 09-11-2017 04:07 PM

I don't think it was in reference to Jon's voice, just that the fact that the band are not really as popular as they once were. I can't really speak for Europe, but in the UK I think that they would struggle to fill stadiums over here nowadays....arenas would make much more sense

Nige 09-11-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1227582)
I don't think it was in reference to Jon's voice, just that the fact that the band are not really as popular as they once were. I can't really speak for Europe, but in the UK I think that they would struggle to fill stadiums over here nowadays....arenas would make much more sense

They had Leeds Arena reserved for an October/November date apparently but it was never finalised.

bonjovi90 09-11-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1227583)
They had Leeds Arena reserved for an October/November date apparently but it was never finalised.

They also had the Olympic Stadium in Munich reserved this summer and nothing came to fruition either.
Furthermore they'd at least need a single that gets halfway regular airplay (the current tracks usually do for a few weeks). But without a new release THINFS will be 1.5 years back by the time they'd come to Europe next summer.

Kathleen 09-11-2017 08:51 PM

I could be wrong but I doubt that Bruce will tour next year either. If he does I would figure a solo show not a band show which would not fill big stadiums.

Javier 09-11-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1227584)
They also had the Olympic Stadium in Munich reserved this summer and nothing came to fruition either.
Furthermore they'd at least need a single that gets halfway regular airplay (the current tracks usually do for a few weeks). But without a new release THINFS will be 1.5 years back by the time they'd come to Europe next summer.

not unheard of for a veteran band to tour sporadically and spend 2 to 3 years on a record. Bon Jovi has always had something out but that doesn't mean it's not doable, especially if the new songs aren't gaining new hits or appeal.....

steel_horse75 09-12-2017 09:35 AM

Small indoor venues

mo_rizwan 09-13-2017 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1227582)
in the UK I think that they would struggle to fill stadiums over here nowadays

Apart from the odd Festival, when was the last time the UK Tour was a sell-out? I don't think it ever has been from 2005 onwards.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1227586)
I could be wrong but I doubt that Bruce will tour next year either. If he does I would figure a solo show not a band show which would not fill big stadiums.

I could be wrong, but I think the Wembley Stadium show last year was sold out

Kathleen 09-13-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1227648)

I could be wrong, but I think the Wembley Stadium show last year was sold out

It was, but that was Bruce with the E Street Band. Bruce as a solo act is probably not going to fill a stadium - he never has in the past.

Javier 09-13-2017 03:29 AM

On his twitter Phil says next year Europe tour "I think yes"

Also said that for this year, the SA dates would be It....

liljovi93 09-22-2017 11:10 PM

Phil X just confirmed that they'll be in Europe next year on Twitter.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

symbeline 09-23-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1228249)
Phil X just confirmed that they'll be in Europe next year on Twitter.

Rock in Rio 2018 will be in Lisbon again (23-24 and 29-30 June). So there's a good chance they'll do at least a few shows around Europe

Six-String 09-24-2017 01:12 AM

If it's a short European leg then i think they'll play in Spain (Madrid?), Italy (Milan?) London, Dublin, Munich and RiR (Lisbon) as mentioned before

If their European Tour is bigger than the SA Tour they'll propably play more shows in the UK (Manchester?) and Germany, 1-3 shows in Scandinavia, hopefully Vienna and maybe Prague

prayer_84 09-25-2017 09:25 AM

I hope Eastern Europe gets few shows, too.

Rdkopper 09-26-2017 04:54 AM

Jon said during the Q/A... He's touring America in March... then over to Europe in May... and then back to the States for outdoor shows in July...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Thomas S 09-26-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1228783)
Jon said during the Q/A... He's touring America in March... then over to Europe in May... and then back to the States for outdoor shows in July...

Awesome, do you have a link?

prayer_84 09-26-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Well, if that is the case, then we should get the European dates next month at the latest. I'm itching to see what places the band will visit this time. After watching footage from Rock in Rio and Sao Paulo, I have regained my desire to see the band live at least one more time somewhere in Europe.

MellyMel 09-26-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Wow, this is great news! I expected they were done with North America.

liljovi93 09-26-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 1228790)
Awesome, do you have a link?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgdutQgCpI/

bobbye49 09-27-2017 04:53 AM

Yikes! I'd better start saving.

James_86 09-28-2017 10:51 AM

I've been really impressed with the SA shows. I think Jon has got back to a level that is acceptable and produces a great show. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Europe next year :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cowboy2002 10-24-2017 02:20 PM

The following has appeared on the THINFS Tour Wikipedia page. Wonder how close this will be to what actually happens?

Upcomming Tour Dates
May, 5th - Lanxess Arena Cologne, Germany May, 7th - RDS Stadium Dublin, Ireland May, 10th - Emirates Stadium Manchester, UK May, 12th - Bercy Arena Paris, France May, 14th - Friends Arena Stockholm, Sweden May, 16th - Emirates Stadium London, UK May, 19th - Olympic Stadium Munich, Germany May, 21th - Linz Stadium Linz, Austria May, 23th - San Siro Stadium Milano, Italy

Bounce7800 10-24-2017 02:28 PM

Not very I'd say, it's badly ordered logistically at least.

prayer_84 10-24-2017 03:04 PM

The Wikipedia list is by all means a fake one. Were the band to play in Cologne, it would be the Rhein Energie Stadion, not the Lanxess Arena. Plus, it states that the band will play Emirates Stadium in Manchester and London, which doesn't make any sense since there's only one Emirates stadium and it is in London. If this were not enough, the Bercy Arena in Paris is now called AccorHotels Arena. What is more, the logistics is strange, as Bounce7800 pointed out. I can assume London, Dublin, Munich, and probably Manchester will all get a show, but I am not sure about the other cities mentioned in this list, especially Paris as they were never that popular in France and even struggled to fill up the place in 2010 when the band was more popular than it is now, I think.

James_86 10-24-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1229920)
The Wikipedia list is by all means a fake one. Were the band to play in Cologne, it would be the Rhein Energie Stadion, not the Lanxess Arena. Plus, it states that the band will play Emirates Stadium in Manchester and London, which doesn't make any sense since there's only one Emirates stadium and it is in London. If this were not enough, the Bercy Arena in Paris is now called AccorHotels Arena. What is more, the logistics is strange, as Bounce7800 pointed out. I can assume London, Dublin, Munich, and probably Manchester will all get a show, but I am not sure about the other cities mentioned in this list, especially Paris as they were never that popular in France and even struggled to fill up the place in 2010 when the band was more popular than it is now, I think.

The venue in Manchester is Emirates Cricket Ground ;)

MellyMel 10-24-2017 03:13 PM

I thought we would have the US dates for March by now. I’m getting very impatient. I’m off a week that month, but I need to make other plans for then if tour dates don’t work for me.

Xavi 10-24-2017 03:19 PM

And the date,for me,May 5th is a bit early to start the tour.
The tour will probably start the third week.

prayer_84 10-24-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1229921)
The venue in Manchester is Emirates Cricket Ground ;)

Hadn't heard of it, my bad. Anyway, if that ends up being the real itinerary, i'd be majorly disappointed.

James_86 10-24-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1229925)
Hadn't heard of it, my bad. Anyway, if that ends up being the real itinerary, i'd be majorly disappointed.

I don't think logistically it's all that bad. Flying from the UK to Paris and onto Sweden and back is hardly a strain. Plenty of bands/artists have done similar in the past.

It fills out the month nicely and gives Jon and the band plenty of rest inbetween. I'd say that set of dates will be fairly accurate.

prayer_84 10-24-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1229926)
I don't think logistically it's all that bad. Flying from the UK to Paris and onto Sweden and back is hardly a strain. Plenty of bands/artists have done similar in the past.

It fills out the month nicely and gives Jon and the band plenty of rest inbetween. I'd say that set of dates will be fairly accurate.

it is possible logistically, if i come to think of it. I'm just not pleased with the selection of cities. No Eastern Europe, no Southern Europe, apart from Milan, surprisingly no mid-European stops (no Austria or Switzerland this time). I really hope for at least one show near my country (Bulgaria) and expected them to come to Serbia as they have never been there. We have no other choice but wait and see if this is the real deal or not. For what it's worth, I hope this is not the actual list.

rokenrola 10-24-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1229927)
it is possible logistically, if i come to think of it. I'm just not pleased with the selection of cities. No Eastern Europe, no Southern Europe, apart from Milan, surprisingly no mid-European stops (no Austria or Switzerland this time). I really hope for at least one show near my country (Bulgaria) and expected them to come to Serbia as they have never been there. We have no other choice but wait and see if this is the real deal or not. For what it's worth, I hope this is not the actual list.

it is only 9 dates if it is true information,they have about 25 dates almost every tour in Europe,so we wait for more and I hope for Serbian or Croatian date this time;););)

Panda 10-24-2017 11:52 PM

Y'all miss seb so much you start doing his hoaxes half assed, and with spelling mistakes? It's a sad world out there.

Bounce7800 10-25-2017 10:44 AM

Hope they get a move on with these dates, already booked Bryan Adams for May and Liam Gallagher for June, so hope there's no clashes.

I still would love them to play Wembley if they are doing stadiums, despite having to trek up there way to much this season for the football, they are really owed a gig there. That wound is 12 years due healing.

If not, then the Olympic Stadium would do, despite being West Ham, although possibly the BST festival again could happen I guess.