Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What next for Bon Jovi as a live act? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70596)

JackieBlue 06-25-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1256248)
If they continue they will have to make the shows much shorter. As mentioned it is really hard for Tico to get through a show...

Richiefan, this isn't specifically directed towards you; but this quote seems to sum up comments I've seen from a lot of people about Tico since the tour started. Like many here, I've been concerned about Tico; but I'm just not sure our concerns are solely (or even primarily) due to his age. It could be something temporary, like catching a virus or something just before the leg started and not having time to fully recover. I just posted something similar over on the Dusseldorf thread, so I won't go over the same details here; but, personally, I think it's a little too soon for people to be rushing Tico off to the old folks home quite yet!! :D

Walleris 06-25-2019 07:13 AM

Even though my Wembley show was mostly a positive experience, I hope there's no more than one last farewell tour left, with or without Richie.

No matter what Jon says, he clearly doesn't mind being the fat Elvis and to some extent is an applause junkie, but what separates him from other peers who are still doing it in their 70s is that he seems to have more outside interests, which would make it easier for him to retire. Unless, the main interest is still owning the NFL team (that requires more money), but I guess not, because the THINFS tour schedule would not be so relaxed if this was the case.

Tico, I can't comment on too much. I'm no pro, but I did not notice any substantial mistakes to make me question his fit for stage, at least in this present day. He was great. But obviously, time is ticking for him the most, given his lifestyle throughout the years. I once mentioned in a private conversation that I could see Jon and Richie coming together and mending their differences if something bad were to happen to Tico; hopefully, this does not happen.

YOVANAfromPeru 06-25-2019 09:22 AM

I think they gonna announce a concert in New York for this year.
JBJ and Shanks are close friends, they are recording songs for the new album on the road.
JBJ keeps saying Phil X is going nowhere, never. And I gotta say I can take We Don't Run Phil X solo and his outro in Always.
I think they gonna tour every single year until the end.
About releases for diehards, Obie can say whatever he wants but I don't see it coming because JBJ doesn't feel it...

steel_horse75 06-25-2019 09:34 AM

What next for Bon Jovi as a live act?

It’s odd touring the THINFS album 2 and half years after release.
New album out soon - either last quarter or first quarter of year - can’t see them touring that quick again.

The new album would have to be really special to make me listen to it. I’ll buy it of course to add collection but I don’t have any real enthusiasm for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zero_zero_UFO 06-25-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1256308)
It’s odd touring the THINFS album 2 and half years after release.
New album out soon - either last quarter or first quarter of year - can’t see them touring that quick again.

The new album would have to be really special to make me listen to it. I’ll buy it of course to add collection but I don’t have any real enthusiasm for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right! I saw them in Vegas 2017, since then I’ve got married, become pregnant, had the baby and he’s had his first birthday....and it’s still the same tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DestinationJovi 06-25-2019 05:43 PM

Obviously no one has a crystal ball, but I think when Tico says he is done that Jon will not replace him. I think that will be it for Bon Jovi. And I have long thought it would be Tico who calls it a day first.

I can't see Jon officially retiring the band though. I think they will just go on an indefinite hiatus.

ticos_stick 06-25-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1256336)
Obviously no one has a crystal ball, but I think when Tico says he is done that Jon will not replace him. I think that will be it for Bon Jovi. And I have long thought it would be Tico who calls it a day first.

I can't see Jon officially retiring the band though. I think they will just go on an indefinite hiatus.

I honestly thought Jon would call it a day after the WAN tour when Richie left. He could have happily retired but he has this massive ego that most rock stars have which doesn't allow them to merely retire. I can't see Tico leaving having a big impact on his burning desire to keep the train going.

He also said something along the lines of "This is just another chapter for this band, things change but we keep going" during a recent show which made me think that he's not close calling it day.

I hope he does call it quits if it comes to it. The band without Richie and Tico would be a sad sight.

James_86 06-25-2019 09:33 PM

A move similar to what Status Quo did before Rick Parfitts untimely death and retire from full blown electric shows in favour of acoustic concerts could be an option. In probability it would allow the band to tour more often without the strain on health/vocals etc.

Mind you, I would fully expect some sort of tour in support of the new album.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Supersonic 06-26-2019 06:51 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1256349)
A move similar to what Status Quo did before Rick Parfitts untimely death and retire from full blown electric shows in favour of acoustic concerts could be an option. In probability it would allow the band to tour more often without the strain on health/vocals etc.

What makes you think acoustic shows are easier on his voice? He still needs to sing the same melody and it'd only expose his vocal problems even more as there's no wall of sound to drown him anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

thesedays2014 06-26-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1256372)
Aloha !

What makes you think acoustic shows are easier on his voice? He still needs to sing the same melody and it'd only expose his vocal problems even more as there's no wall of sound to drown him anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Acoustic gigs that he can do.
TLFR type songs, Stand Up type songs, the singer-songwriter Jon

It’s just about time that the fans realize that’s a hell of a better option than what we have currently