Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What next for Bon Jovi as a live act? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70596)

Supersonic 06-26-2019 07:36 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1256373)
Acoustic gigs that he can do.
TLFR type songs, Stand Up type songs, the singer-songwriter Jon

It’s just about time that the fans realize that’s a hell of a better option than what we have currently

What makes you think he can sing those songs though? Besides no one caring for This Left Feels Right versions, it's not as if those melody lines are easier than what he's doing now. He can barely make it through Amen and has to rely on a backing track for the chorus. He struggles with every acoustic show he does and the setlists for those shows are awful. Stripped of both the hits and the fan favourites meaning no one would be particularly interested in these gigs apart from people who will pay to hear him sing whatever he pleases.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

YOVANAfromPeru 06-26-2019 07:42 PM

Supersonic, you’re funny >_< jajajajaj

bonjovi90 06-26-2019 08:12 PM

Bon Jovi became famous for their stadium filling hits, not because Jon is a singer/songwriter kind of performer like some want him to see or he may think he is. He's no Dylan, Springsteen or Waits with regards to that. For every great line in a Jovi song, there's usually a cringeworthy one to accompany it.
People simply aren't interested in this kind of music because that's not what his main fan base is and he's realized that by now. Plus you can't play stadiums and big arenas with that and that's what he thrives for

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

thesedays2014 06-26-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256376)
Bon Jovi became famous for their stadium filling hits, not because Jon is a singer/songwriter kind of performer like some want him to see or he may think he is. He's no Dylan, Springsteen or Waits with regards to that. For every great line in a Jovi song, there's usually a cringeworthy one to accompany it.
People simply aren't interested in this kind of music because that's not what his main fan base is and he's realized that by now. Plus you can't play stadiums and big arenas with that and that's what he thrives for

Which is why it’s time he starts thinking about himself and play to a smaller fan base.

TLFR/Stand up,... aren’t what most people like the most, but I’m sure thousands of Bon Jovi fans would still go to smaller gigs to see him play this kind of stuff, and he’d be happier, gain more credit and not sound like a drowned cat.

Supersonic 06-26-2019 08:49 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1256377)
Which is why it’s time he starts thinking about himself and play to a smaller fan base.

TLFR/Stand up,... aren’t what most people like the most, but I’m sure thousands of Bon Jovi fans would still go to smaller gigs to see him play this kind of stuff, and he’d be happier, gain more credit and not sound like a drowned cat.

Right. And what would you do? Play in front of an average of 40.000 people roughly every night, earn at least about 3 million per show or play in front of 3.000 people on average every night and earn 500.000 per show at most?

You're delusional to think the acoustic shows would gain him more credit. He'd not play the hits and he wouldn't play the songs die hards would long for. He'd still sound like a drowned cat though because saying he'd sound better is just an illusion. He wouldn't, as these acoustic shows have proven in the past.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bonjovi90 06-26-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1256377)

He already does this, it's called Runaway Tours, the setlist doesn't change there either and he sounds like a strangled cat.

jazzsta 06-27-2019 09:14 AM

If he had even his 2013 voice, I would say yeah. Because up to then, he had the cool jovi vocal sound in the lower register. Now , he has problems singing anyway and even lower tones come with difficulty. He cannot sing in a simple laidback manner. So I don't think that acoustic sets will be pleasant. Better have the band and party on and whatever..

steel_horse75 06-27-2019 10:22 AM

My mum and dad came with me to Wembley last week and loved it. First time they have seen them since they came with me to Wembley arena in 1993.

My mums main concern was - A rock star shouldnt let his hair go Grey!

My dad thinks that they should reduce size of venue. He thinks they should play Royal Albert Hal or Hammersmith.

Trouble with that is if 80,000 fill Wembley how many nights is that a smaller venues?

Well Royal Albert Hall only allows 5,500 now and Hammersmith is 8,500

Thats a lot of nights so easier to play 1 date in the Stadium.

I personally love Milton Keynes Bowl (yes I know its a big venue) but you need the weather for that.

thesedays2014 06-27-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256380)
He already does this, it's called Runaway Tours, the setlist doesn't change there either and he sounds like a strangled cat.

You and Supersonic keep going round in circles...

Runaway Tours is not what I’m saying; neither is the acoustic shows he has done lately...I’m talking about something that would cater for current-Jon.

TLFR catered for Jon at that time, I’m not saying do the same, but with the same purpose.

And to answer your question Supersonic, I’d play for 3000 people, regain some credibility, trying something different and not be yet another washed-up 80s rocker.

I think Jon wants to too, it’s just he listens to his fans, and his fans, just like you two, prefer a stangled cat 😅

bonjovi90 06-27-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1256388)
You and Supersonic keep going round in circles...

Runaway Tours is not what I’m saying; neither is the acoustic shows he has done lately...I’m talking about something that would cater for current-Jon.

TLFR catered for Jon at that time, I’m not saying do the same, but with the same purpose.

And to answer your question Supersonic, I’d play for 3000 people, regain some credibility, trying something different and not be yet another washed-up 80s rocker.

I think Jon wants to too, it’s just he listens to his fans, and his fans, just like you two, prefer a stangled cat 😅

No it's just that Jon's sacrificed artistic integrity for success and big tours a long time ago. He's the one who said: "Others say 'I don't like the mood in front of stadiums, I like intimate clubs.' **** that! I wanna play the desert and sell it out, more than once!"

And you keep going in circle in thinking he'd sound better in that setting. As others said, he has a hard time even singing any melody these days and less instruments would expose that even more, especially since his voice is more clipping in the lower register by now.

And from whom should he regain credibility? Do you think critics will say 'Oh, Jon's done some small acoustic tours with low-key songs, hey, he's a great artist after all?' That's quite naive to assume.
He'd go off the radar because the general audience wouldn't know about these, let alone care and half of the fan base left here probably wouldn't be interested in paying hundreds of bucks to hear songs in versions they didn't like in the first place.