Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Eminem To Retire In September! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31048)

spunkywho 07-19-2005 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Well thankfully... The record company came out and said it was a rumor... THANK GOD! :D

Ryan

:( so, again no wedding bells for me :(

clarity 07-19-2005 09:06 PM

I was about to say 'finally'

...but apparently it's not true :evil:

Yvonne 07-20-2005 10:05 AM

Good i like Slim

Kev 07-22-2005 10:11 AM

Ok, now im slightly confused. Is he actually retiring or not? I even read on teletext that he was quiiting. So is it true or not?

Mousebounce 07-22-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Ok, now im slightly confused. Is he actually retiring or not? I even read on teletext that he was quiiting. So is it true or not?

No, it was just a rumor. I stated that about five posts before Ryan. :twisted: :P

MTV news spoke with Em, and he said that there isn't any truth to it.

Kev 07-22-2005 01:47 PM

Grrrrr. I was hoping we had heard the last of him. I dont see what everyone see's in him. hehe. Just not my kind of genre of music I guess :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
MTV news spoke with Em, and he said that there isn't any truth to it.

Mousebounce 07-22-2005 01:55 PM

He was fun in the beginning, but his act got a bit old. His latest album is just dumb.

spunkywho 07-22-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
He was fun in the beginning, but his act got a bit old. His latest album is just dumb.

not that I want to, but I might have to agree with it. Lyrically, it just doesn't measure up. :(

Kev 07-22-2005 04:24 PM

What was his best album? Or which your your personal fave? I dont really like his music, but I wanna listen to an album properly to see what all the fuss is about.

spunkywho 07-22-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
What was his best album? Or which your your personal fave? I dont really like his music, but I wanna listen to an album properly to see what all the fuss is about.

I can't decide between the Slim Shady or the Eminem Show - both have some awesome songs on it. To me it isn't about the style of the song, though it does go well with the lyrics - no melodic type music would go with it. What I particularly like about his songs is his honesty and the emotions he puts forward - unedited - politically incorrect as they may - and if you listen to a lot of it, you start to really like him as a person. I did. I think he is a great guy who came a long way from a rather disadvantaged past and still turned out 'alright'. Hats off for that.

If you just want some songs to check out:

White America
Cleaning out my Closet
Guilty Conscience
'97 Bonnie and Clyde
Just Don't give a ****
Still don't give a ****

Let me know what you think!