Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R.E.M News Update (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23747)

Kev 09-26-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter
Got the new album, and after first listen... horribly boring stuff!!! Very disappointed. 'Reveal' was much better, and that was also quite a crappy album IMO. Oh well, waiting for the next one.

Well according to reports, the band have already started work on the new album. I have had the new REM album on repeat for the last week Peter. I LOVE IT! Seriously! Electron Blue, Make it all OK, Final Straw (which we have all heard a long time ago), Wonderlust and Aftermath are my personal faves off the rccord.

The only weak track for me, is "The Accent of a man" The screaching" is totally uncalled for. I cant stand it. Its the only song I have to skip each time, coz it gets on my nerves.

Keep listening to the album mate, I really like it. Its one of my faves already. It defiately takes a good few listens in my opinion, but I am sure you will like it as much as me after a few spins! :)

peter 09-26-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Got the new album, and after first listen... horribly boring stuff!!! Very disappointed. 'Reveal' was much better, and that was also quite a crappy album IMO. Oh well, waiting for the next one.

Well according to reports, the band have already started work on the new album. I have had the new REM album on repeat for the last week Peter. I LOVE IT! Seriously! Electron Blue, Make it all OK, Final Straw (which we have all heard a long time ago), Wonderlust and Aftermath are my personal faves off the rccord.

The only weak track for me, is "The Accent of a man" The screaching" is totally uncalled for. I cant stand it. Its the only song I have to skip each time, coz it gets on my nerves.

Keep listening to the album mate, I really like it. Its one of my faves already. It defiately takes a good few listens in my opinion, but I am sure you will like it as much as me after a few spins! :)

How can you like both BJ and Around the Sun??? I mean, the album is hardly even mid-tempo! You probably like TLFR :P

I won't say the new album is crap, but I don't think it's more than mediocre. I will burn the cd and put it in my car's cd player, but I rarely like an album in the long run if I don't like it on first listen...

I think LNY, Final Straw stand out, Electron Blue is ok, but the rest... yay. You know, I listened to New Adventures In Hi-Fi a lot when I was on vacation, now THAT's the real thing :)

Kev 09-26-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

How can you like both BJ and Around the Sun??? I mean, the album is hardly even mid-tempo! You probably like TLFR :P

I won't say the new album is crap, but I don't think it's more than mediocre. I will burn the cd and put it in my car's cd player, but I rarely like an album in the long run if I don't like it on first listen...

I think LNY, Final Straw stand out, Electron Blue is ok, but the rest... yay. You know, I listened to New Adventures In Hi-Fi a lot when I was on vacation, now THAT's the real thing :)

LOL! well yes, its very different to Bon Jovi. I like softer stuff as well. The more rockier an album is the better imo, but I like slower material as well. (BJ, REM or any other artist for that matter).

I was talking to Jane (from the hub) and we realised we must be the minority of people who really love This Left Feels Right. Its a great album. Not the best BJ Have ever done. but its a great album. Its a refreshing alternative if nothing else. Its My Life and BTBMB would have been hits IMO if they were the origionals. If im gonna listen to anything like that though, I prefer to listen to the audio from the dvd. TLFR Live is so much better. But dont knock the record, coz its one of my faves (suprising as that may sound) :wink:

I Never did get into New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Not one of my faves at all. The friend who got me into REM, is a big lover of New Adventures, but I would just always dismiss it, puit it to one side, coz I prefered Green, AFTP, and Up. I think they will always remain my faves, but ATS isnt too far behind now. :) New Adventures is NOT! an album I would listen to while on vacation :P

peter 09-26-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
I Never did get into New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Not one of my faves at all. The friend who got me into REM, is a big lover of New Adventures, but I would just always dismiss it, puit it to one side, coz I prefered Green, AFTP, and Up. I think they will always remain my faves, but ATS isnt too far behind now. :) New Adventures is NOT! an album I would listen to while on vacation :P

I listen to it while driving - during long trips. It's really an "on the road" album (was mostly recorded during Monster tour soundchecks).

You apparently like the softer stuff :) I love UP because it's such an intimate and personal record, AFTP is classic anyway, but I also love NAIHF - my first REM record and last year I also got to really really love Life's Rich Pageant - now that's an alternative rock record! On the other hand, my fav REM song is on Out of Time :)

I hope the next album will put an end to this 'being a pop band' era for REM!

Kev 09-27-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

I listen to it while driving - during long trips. It's really an "on the road" album (was mostly recorded during Monster tour soundchecks).

You apparently like the softer stuff :) I love UP because it's such an intimate and personal record, AFTP is classic anyway, but I also love NAIHF - my first REM record and last year I also got to really really love Life's Rich Pageant - now that's an alternative rock record! On the other hand, my fav REM song is on Out of Time :)

I hope the next album will put an end to this 'being a pop band' era for REM!

It would be nice to have a more rock/upbeat album again by REM. An album in the similar vein to AFTP/Out Of Time/Monster but I cant see happening now. It was ever since Bill Berry quit, they started to record much softer stuff. (Same in a way when AJS Left Bon Jovi, they Jon n Richie started to write more love/ballad kinda music) No, were lucky if we get a few heavy tracks on each new record. I read someonewhere a few nights ago, that REM recorded three tracks at TOTP: Leaving New York, Wonderlust and Make It All OK (I think :oops: ) so Iam fairly confident that these will be the next songs to be released off ATS. Very good choices imo. Boy In the well was earmarked for release, but perhaps the early reaction from the album meant they decided to change. Maybe you can shed a little light on that one for me.

It must have drove you mad this week being away when the new album had leaked onto the internet. (Did they really think that airing the album on myspace.com, no-on was gonna rip it? :roll: :lol: ) and you not being able to have access to it. Were you actually aware that it was out there? I will actually download any album early if I get the opportunity to do so, I think the only exception is Bon Jovi. I just love release day. There is a strange magic in the air. 8)

peter 09-27-2004 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
It must have drove you mad this week being away when the new album had leaked onto the internet. (Did they really think that airing the album on myspace.com, no-on was gonna rip it? :roll: :lol: ) and you not being able to have access to it. Were you actually aware that it was out there? I will actually download any album early if I get the opportunity to do so, I think the only exception is Bon Jovi. I just love release day. There is a strange magic in the air. 8)

Oh they knew it, probably didn't care. Their fan base will buy the CD anyway. I was aware of the first airing, but I would be ok with waiting till the release date. But when I found it on eMule today, I went ahead and downloaded it, no point in waiting till the release date :)

Kev 09-27-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

Oh they knew it, probably didn't care. Their fan base will buy the CD anyway. I was aware of the first airing, but I would be ok with waiting till the release date. But when I found it on eMule today, I went ahead and downloaded it, no point in waiting till the release date :)

No willpower mate, thats all it is! :wink:
Its ok...i dont have any either!! :)

Sambo-Chris 09-27-2004 04:32 PM

I will see them in February live for the first time ever. Could anyone tell me if Everybody hurts is in their setlist usually? I guess my hubby would be quite dissappointed if not since this song for him is the ultimate ballad.

peter 09-28-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
I will see them in February live for the first time ever. Could anyone tell me if Everybody hurts is in their setlist usually? I guess my hubby would be quite dissappointed if not since this song for him is the ultimate ballad.

Not usually, always :)
It will be a huge shock if Everybody Hurts, Losing My Religion and Man On the Moon are not played on every show.

Sambo-Chris 09-28-2004 08:49 AM

Thanks Peter, you made my hubby very happy :).