Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon rewriting some of the lyrics to Dry County? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50837)

Bleeding Purist 05-26-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrath Mania (Post 989145)
Wouldn't Obama sending a bunch of troops onto the Arizona Border to shoot hapless immigrants fit the message of the song a lot better? Oh, that's right; it would take balls to mention that.

WTF? You have a very twisted, fictitious image of Obama.

Also, what is this issue some of you have with grasping that Jon does give a shit about what goes on in the world? He consistently has since early on in his career. The thought process that leads some of you people to assume he is coldly capitalizing on current events to reap profits or manipulate emotions is one that belongs to an under-developed rationale. That goes for a number of you here so this isn't directed at the quoted poster. What's worse, these kind of statements get made mostly in whiny reaction to Jon not doing what you want so the response is to demonize him.

The whole pricing issue is out of hand. Bon Jovi is not a charity organization. Jon does charity separately and is obviously quite devoted.

You lot need to get together and do some lyric changing of your own. "You and me... we're miserable people, living in our miserable lives. We can be miserable people. These are miserable times."

I don't agree with everything the band does. The latest remasters are an immediate example, but I don't deduce I'm being rammed up the lost highway by Jon.

Anyway, I'll see about videoing Dry County and posting it after tonight for those who spend there time enjoying the band

Butters 05-26-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 989192)

Also, what is this issue some of you have with grasping that Jon does give a shit about what goes on in the world? He consistently has since early on in his career. The thought process that leads some of you people to assume he is coldly capitalizing on current events to reap profits or manipulate emotions is one that belongs to an under-developed rationale. That goes for a number of you here so this isn't directed at the quoted poster. What's worse, these kind of statements get made mostly in whiny reaction to Jon not doing what you want so the response is to demonize him.

The whole pricing issue is out of hand. Bon Jovi is not a charity organization. Jon does charity separately and is obviously quite devoted.

You lot need to get together and do some lyric changing of your own. "You and me... we're miserable people, living in our miserable lives. We can be miserable people. These are miserable times."

I don't agree with everything the band does. The latest remasters are an immediate example, but I don't deduce I'm being rammed up the lost highway by Jon.

Anyway, I'll see about videoing Dry County and posting it after tonight for those who spend there time enjoying the band

Bravo! The voice of reason, as always. Enjoy the show tonight!

bonjovi90 05-26-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Totally agreed! Very well written!

MJB12 05-26-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 989178)
In an interview Jon also stated that Hallelujah and Who Says wil be on the set tonight, so you'd better get all excited :D

Oh okay, good. I was worried they wouldn't be. :rolleyes:

And yeah for Dry County! But some people still aren't pleased? I just don't get it.

Adam D 05-26-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

If you can tape DC and get it up on YouTube, you'd be my personal hero. I hope you have an amazing time at the show tonight!

RS8MB0R8 05-26-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Over-reacting much? I just read through the first page of replies again to try and see where you're coming from with this but can't understand it tbh. I presume it's in response to the discussions about the financial aspects of the band in other threads as your post here seems a little disproportionate.

My point would be, why can't people who hold DC in such high regard be a little anxious as to what the new lyrics will do to the song? Nobody's written it off at all as nobody's heard it yet but it is clear that the current oil disaster does not relate in any obvious way to the original.

I think everyone is agreed that it's great that it will be played though so why the strong reaction? I hope you and everyone who goes has a great time and I'm eagerly awaiting the vids on YT. :)

Mongoose 05-26-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Dude, I may be wrong here....but I thought you were deaf? I know you got the (implants?) and remember you saying about how you could basically feed your mp3 player directly into your head (winner!), can you hear normally now? Ie I assumed you could only hear through this complicated process, I seem to remember you saying you had missed hearing music and that it sounded totally different now to how it used to? Or am I just uber confused....

Becky 05-27-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

BRAVO!! Every once in a while someone says something logical around here.

Javier 05-27-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Video Dry County put it on youtube and I shall be at your service unconditionally....

Crushgen24/88 05-27-2010 09:21 AM

Well, DC was played, it was AWESOME, and there were no new lyrics.