Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

Thierry 05-05-2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1285058)
Where did you see the show from? I'm worried about the vision with those towers.

2nd tier seating area. I also recorded both shows on audio. Let me know if you want them.

rolo_tomachi 05-10-2023 03:19 PM

Thierry 05-11-2023 02:37 PM

Compared the official soundboards of these 2 Amsterdam shows with my audience recordings.

Drums have been polished, vocals are pitched and auto tuned. The guy in the studio made them sound so much better. Especially Lars benefits from this.

rolo_tomachi 05-11-2023 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1285141)
Compared the official soundboards of these 2 Amsterdam shows with my audience recordings.

Drums have been polished, vocals are pitched and auto tuned. The guy in the studio made them sound so much better. Especially Lars benefits from this.

Yeah, I noticed that Until Sleeps also sounds a bit different, I didn't know exactly what.

I adore Livemet mixes. So nice. Sometimes I wish the voice was a bit more emphasized though.

Supersonic 05-12-2023 11:28 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1284991)
A fair point. About the songs on the new album, well I guess as a fan I always have that curiosity to know what they are like in a live environment. But I agree, with 3 songs I think it's enough. Just rotate it.

Were you also on the second night? what do you think about it?

No, I didn't go to the second show. I was practically given these tickets for free so went anyway, fully realizing it probably wouldn't be the best concert I'd see. I didn't expect it to be this terrible though. I've just witnessed the 2 videos Metallica posted on their youTube channel and they're polished up, something I've been suspecting them of for years.

As for new stuff; I like to hear new songs if I think they're great but I feel 72 Seasons is just alright at best. Throwing 3 new songs of 72 Seasons in a 16 song setlist is pretty much the most you can do or your focus will shift towards mediocrity.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thierry 05-12-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1285153)
As for new stuff; I like to hear new songs if I think they're great but I feel 72 Seasons is just alright at best. Throwing 3 new songs of 72 Seasons in a 16 song setlist is pretty much the most you can do or your focus will shift towards mediocrity.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Agreeing about this; for my feeling they played too much new songs. Plus the best songs are left out like Room Of Mirrors and Inamorata. Sleepwalk and You Must Burn are not that good.

rolo_tomachi 05-13-2023 01:31 PM

A fantastic performance in my book.

Audience Recording

Soundboard Livemet

I think it's a pretty fair polish, as they are not manipulating things too much, just benefiting from a more consistent mix with respect to the direct sound of the venue, which seems more patchy and disperse (with those reverberations).

Thierry 05-15-2023 09:50 AM

Well, do the same for 72 Seasons and you'll know what I'm talking about.

rolo_tomachi 05-15-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1285167)
Well, do the same for 72 Seasons and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I was not there, so I can only compare terrible audience recordings, but I do notice in this one that the acoustics of the place were terrible. And the mix very unbalanced. The instruments do not differ due to an excess of reverberation in the place, was it so?

Audience

Obviously in soundboard audio, they can balance each instrument to its corresponding volume, sounding clearer and polishing both the vocals and the instruments.

SBD

Leaving the performance of the band aside, I would like to know if all this mess is due to the sound technicians not being up to the circumstances or maybe it was due to the venue.

Supersonic 05-16-2023 08:04 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1285168)
Leaving the performance of the band aside, I would like to know if all this mess is due to the sound technicians not being up to the circumstances or maybe it was due to the venue.

I'd say it's both. The stadium has a very bad reputation in Holland for its poor acoustics with people skipping their favourite artists if they're playing that venue. Yes, it's possible to have great sound there, but you'd have to soundcheck for hours, something I'm pretty positive they haven't done. When I saw Metallica for the first time they played the same venue, had roughly the same seats and it took them an hour to fix the sound.

However, you can't have 4 drumkits or whatever it is and have them sound the same every time either. It doesn't work like that, even if you setup the mikes the same way. Lars' drumkit sounded different every time it showed up. It's a novelty idea they're perfectly aware off isn't possible but they rely on gimmicks because they know their audience doesn't really care for great audio to begin with.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan