Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Busted in 15yrs time (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=26496)

Living_on_my_Hair 07-24-2004 12:52 AM

Busted in 15yrs time

Just finished watching my def leppard dvd and was 'admiring' all the bands dodgy headsets they wore while they sang their usual (dont get me wrong, im a big fan) cheesefest of lyrics and, forgive the evil thought, but i imagined Busted still being around in over a decades time still singing about what they go to school for and the thunderbirds :roll: :? now i wont sleep 2nite

ktf
andi

Jim Bon Jovi 07-24-2004 12:58 AM

I'm going to see Busted at the end of the year.

Like it or not, they have some of the best writers inthe industry doing their tunes, top class producers, more fanny than they can handle, more money than they can spend and I doubt they very well care or need to care about what they'll be upto in 15 years time.

Sayign that, I know a band who were approached to "be" Busted if you get what i mean and they turned it down but they reckon that Charlie will commit suicide sometime down the line in all seriousness.

Mike McRock 07-24-2004 04:50 PM

They won't be around for one simple reason, they can't play. Say what you want but if you sat them down together with their instruments, no effects, loops, samples e.t.c, and asked them to play, what they'd create would be laughable.

I remember having my guitarist saying when he first heard them he was was impressed by the guitarist... in that he couldn't see how he was getting his live guitar sound from what he was playing... Unitll somebody pointed out that he's not playing live guitars... Now maybe a band like Queen can have backing tapes and justify it by saying they have a complex sound which at times needs it to pull off the songs... I'm sorry but you have to be a pretty crap musician to not be able to pull off their songs, so the only plausable reason for them to hide like this is that they can not play.

They won't be there because without everything that other people provide in the background they are a bad pub band at best. Plus I'm sorry, but it's going to be really sad if in 15 years time music is still dominated by geeks. I mean, there is no way on this earth that they can be called rock stars, they just don't have the attitude.

Jim Bon Jovi 07-24-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McRock
They won't be around for one simple reason, they can't play. Say what you want but if you sat them down together with their instruments, no effects, loops, samples e.t.c, and asked them to play, what they'd create would be laughable.

I remember having my guitarist saying when he first heard them he was was impressed by the guitarist... in that he couldn't see how he was getting his live guitar sound from what he was playing... Unitll somebody pointed out that he's not playing live guitars... Now maybe a band like Queen can have backing tapes and justify it by saying they have a complex sound which at times needs it to pull off the songs... I'm sorry but you have to be a pretty crap musician to not be able to pull off their songs, so the only plausable reason for them to hide like this is that they can not play.

They won't be there because without everything that other people provide in the background they are a bad pub band at best. Plus I'm sorry, but it's going to be really sad if in 15 years time music is still dominated by geeks. I mean, there is no way on this earth that they can be called rock stars, they just don't have the attitude.

The ugly bass player is a bit of a booze and shag monster actually and I've seen them do a couple of live acoustic acoustic songs before and I was well impressed and this was before I dug them.

DevilsSon 07-24-2004 07:39 PM

I can't believe someone who has Jimi Hendrix in his signature says that....

Jim Bon Jovi 07-26-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon

why because I've actually took the time to listen to them and came to the conclussion that they're actually pretty good at what they do instead of having an opinion based on nothign but narrow minded - ness and a bunch of single aimed at 14 year old girls?

Captain Walrus 07-26-2004 02:47 PM

[quote="Jim Bon Jovi"]I'm going to see Busted at the end of the year.
quote]

I know I say this every time Busted are mentioned, but whatever you do, do NOT stand in front of a five year old girl on someone's shoulders

Keep On Rockin'

Jim Bon Jovi 07-26-2004 07:35 PM

[quote="The Walrus"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
I'm going to see Busted at the end of the year.
quote]

I know I say this every time Busted are mentioned, but whatever you do, do NOT stand in front of a five year old girl on someone's shoulders

Keep On Rockin'

to be totally honest mate I'll probably spend more time at the bar. Going to see if I can get vip passes nearer the time.

~saz~ 07-29-2004 08:18 PM

My sister has their albums. I'm ashamed to say this, but I like 2 of the songs :cry: :roll: :oops:

Jim Bon Jovi 07-29-2004 11:26 PM

ashamed because.........................

em_rs_girl 07-30-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

why because I've actually took the time to listen to them and came to the conclussion that they're actually pretty good at what they do instead of having an opinion based on nothign but narrow minded - ness and a bunch of single aimed at 14 year old girls?

Yeah they may be aimed at us 14 year old girls...but they didnt really succeed im 14 and look what im into. I cant see them around in 5yrs time...never mind 15! ''here today gone 2mozo'' comes to mind. :roll:

Jim Bon Jovi 07-30-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em_rs_girl
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah they may be aimed at us 14 year old girls...but they didnt really succeed im 14 and look what im into. I cant see them around in 5yrs time...never mind 15! ''here today gone 2mozo'' comes to mind. :roll:

Here today gone tomorrow's exactly how the industry goes these days.

Who's sellign more albums and singles at present out of bon jovi or busted?

thats besie the point anyways. If you don't like them, you don't like them. There's no need to hate or jump on other people for it.
If you're goign to be narrow minded about what music you listen to then you're goign to miss out on alot of good stuff where I'm not.

jade4jovi 08-23-2004 03:20 PM

Like them or not, They will not be around in 5 years time, I will bet you any money on that one. They are a boyband thats all there is to it. They are boyband with guitar. But in my eyes they are no different to westlife and blue ect. You just have to read the lyrics. Even the best of bands dont last as long as they used to, Its just how it is now. And Jim, The quote about whos selling more out of Busted and Bon Jovi, Please dont tell me you take notice of sales! Wot the hell do they mean? I actually prefer Mcfly to Busted for the simple reason they admit they are a boyband, Busted call themselfs rock :lol:

But everyone have different opinions! Unfortuntley :twisted:

Living_on_my_Hair 08-23-2004 03:47 PM

umm

excuse me Jim. Bon Jovi are easily still selling more albums every month than Busted are.. WORLDWIDE!the U.K chart is a shambles. Heck, Slippery and Crossroad are still in the top 100 rock charts in some countries, even after over ten yrs.

Kind of like appetite for destructiom, or Nevermind, or Morning Glory, etc the classic albums keep on selling 8)

ktf
andi

Captain Walrus 11-01-2005 05:26 PM

Well done to all those who predicted they wouldn't still be around! :)

RichieW2001 11-01-2005 07:48 PM

mcfly....wooooooooooooooooooo!

Living_on_my_Hair 11-01-2005 09:01 PM

mcfly eh..? pah. just give them time...

but anyway...

Rooster!!

andi

RichieW2001 11-01-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
mcfly eh..? pah. just give them time...

but anyway...

Rooster!!

andi

i went to see mcfly last month and they're actually really, really good live. danny's a great little guitarist. give him time, he'll come on no end.

Neurotica80 11-02-2005 02:42 PM

Poor Busted. Give em 5 years and theyll be back together doing reunion tours at Walkabout and chicago rock cafes

Captain Walrus 11-02-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Poor Busted. Give em 5 years and theyll be back together doing reunion tours at Walkabout and chicago rock cafes

I doubt they will. Charlie actually seems to have grown some artistic integrity

Neurotica80 11-02-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I doubt they will. Charlie actually seems to have grown some artistic integrity

Hmmmmmm I wouldnt say that. Just becos hes in a "metal" band and his songs get played on Kerrang - Fightstar are still crap just not cheesy like Busted.

Dave 1986 11-02-2005 05:13 PM

I happen to have a soft spot for Rooster.

McFly I don't like but they don't piss me off as much as Busted did.

Jesus, have seen the new band by the other e-member of Busted? (Not Charlie, the other twat) I think they're called "Son Of Dork" or something.

Captain Walrus 11-02-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Hmmmmmm I wouldnt say that. Just becos hes in a "metal" band and his songs get played on Kerrang - Fightstar are still crap just not cheesy like Busted.

I'm not saying whether they are good or not (I don't mind them). My point is, I think he is deliberatly going all lo-fi recording, and playing in small venues, and releasing EPs before albums, and having low budget videos (I heard somewhere that the video for Palhnuik's Laughter was made for them on a friend's computer). He seems to actually want to have to work for his credibility now

Dave 1986 03-20-2016 01:22 PM

Busted in 15yrs time

Not quite been 15 years yet but Busted have completely reformed now and are touring this year.

Money really does talk!