Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 05-01-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1263891)
Cmon,it is impossible that the album will be out on December 31st.

I think the same as Captain_jovi wrote a few pages back
The suppliers dont have a release date yet,but they have been told that the album wil be out sometime on that 2020,thats why they put December 31st 2020.
When they get the release date,they will change it.
Patience everybody,the album will be out this year.
Meanwhile,suscribe to Dominiks yt channel 😉

Yeah. Putting on a Thursday between Christmas and New Years isn't a "thing". Keep the faith people, a new date is coming.

Walleris 05-01-2020 05:16 PM

I suggest that whoever is disappointed about not knowing the new release date of the album and is hell-bent on getting it ASAP should re-listen to Limitless. That should help with managing the excitement and expectations.

Roll 05-01-2020 06:31 PM

Weird consequence of the pandemic : I'm stuck at home working like many people. Yesterday l worked while listening to What about now (the album) and enjoyed it.

Rdkopper 05-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1263897)
Weird consequence of the pandemic : I'm stuck at home working like many people. Yesterday l worked while listening to What about now (the album) and enjoyed it.

It's not a terrible album to look back on. It just wasn't great as a major release. If that was the 6th disk on the Box Set, most fans would love it.... Enough time has passed now to enjoy most of those songs. At the end of the day, it's the last true Bon Jovi album.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-01-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263898)
It's not a terrible album to look back on. It just wasn't great as a major release. If that was the 6th disk on the Box Set, most fans would love it.... Enough time has passed now to enjoy most of those songs. At the end of the day, it's the last true Bon Jovi album.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I mean, I get it was the last one with Bon Jovi but it's the first real one that sounds like he had no/hardly any influence in it for me.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 05-01-2020 09:41 PM

There's two major problems I have with WAN: It sounds more like a demo collection, as Rdkopper said, as a box set CD it would've been okay, but for an album, it's unfinished. You just hear too much that there wasn't really a lot of influence other than Jon's need to crap out a touring-excuse.
The other one is the flow, or better the missing of just that. I do like single tracks of it, some have actually a nice melodic drive. But I can't listen to the full album because it's one mash-up of slow songs in the second half that blend to a bit nothing. I liked the Fighter quite a bit when it was played in mid-2012, but on the record, it's on at a point where you just don't care for another slow-tempo song.

liljovi93 05-01-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1263901)
There's two major problems I have with WAN: It sounds more like a demo collection, as Rdkopper said, as a box set CD it would've been okay, but for an album, it's unfinished. You just hear too much that there wasn't really a lot of influence other than Jon's need to crap out a touring-excuse.

The other one is the flow, or better the missing of just that. I do like single tracks of it, some have actually a nice melodic drive. But I can't listen to the full album because it's one mash-up of slow songs in the second half that blend to a bit nothing. I liked the Fighter quite a bit when it was played in mid-2012, but on the record, it's on at a point where you just don't care for another slow-tempo song.

Yeah, good points.

I've been listening to Into The Echo a lot recently. I wish that was on the album over probably 95% of the album.

It's just a mish mash of songs as you said. Pictures Of You is a song I quite like yet I hate it at the same time. The intro, the production etc .. makes it feel unfinished.

Then you've got a few tracks in the middle which are dull and so similar. The robotic sound in I'm With You.

Just far too many annoying parts.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Johny 05-01-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1263901)
I do like single tracks of it, some have actually a nice melodic drive. But I can't listen to the full album because it's one mash-up of slow songs in the second half that blend to a bit nothing.

This!

If I listen to anything of that record, it's just single songs. I still consider That's What The Water Made Me archetypal Bon Jovi - in the vein of Just Older or even Saturday Night and Blood On Blood if I get a bit of crazy.
I can also enjoy some of the ballads from the other half but it doesn't work as an album.

On the contrary, I, surprisingly for me, quite enjoy THINFS. I can find myslef in a mood that I play the album, it's actually almost a double album of 21 songs when I feel the need to skip the three at the end of the regular edition (God Bless This Mess, Reunion and Come On Up To Our House) plus Color Me In. Otherwise I'm fine with it.

That's why the current state of the industry makes me sad (and feel old). I still think that an album has its magic and there's still a reason to release it. Opposed to releasing single songs on social media.

Alphavictim 05-02-2020 03:51 AM

You can REALLY tell that Richie was busy with his solo record.

Because We Can wastes GREAT verses to a chorus that underdelivers big time.

I'm With You is easily the best song on the album. GREAT solo, too.

I don't remember much from the title track. It's nice AFAIR, but too bland to be more.

Pictures of You - sounds unfinished and a bit like Coldplay in terms of arrangements (not my favorite band by a long shot). You can tell there's lots of potential there, though. Whch is frustrating.

Amen - it's great. I like it a lot.

That's What The Water Made Me - that one I don't care for at all. Some of the lyrical interpretations on here were so offensively stupid ("it's about the water in New Jersey, you see, the water is also why the pizza in New York is the best in the world"), which also did not help.

What's Left Of Me sounds like a Lost Highway outtake done right. Good song, but not great.

Army of One is probably the worst song they ever wrote with Desmond Child. The lyrics are offensively shitty.

Thick as Thieves - good song, this one I like. Sounds like they actually co-wrote this one.

Beautiful World has some of Jon's worst lyrics since "Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistake", but is good in terms of melody.

Room at the End of the World - this one I also like. Very nice atmosphere.

The Fighter - boring. I guess it would be more interesting in a live acoustic setting?

GabrielC 05-02-2020 04:04 AM

Army of One and Beautiful World are the most offensively bad songs Jon ever wrote. I refuse to listen to both.