Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Zakatar 07-08-2017 06:10 AM

The Wikipedia article for Runaway claims that it had a b-side called "2 Hours Later", but I cannot find any proof anywhere that a song by that name exists. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Faceman 07-08-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1225985)
The These Days sheet:

Thank you, that's it!

Now it would be interesting to know what those two songs are that are blackened.

jovifan93 07-08-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1225995)
Thank you, that's it!

Now it would be interesting to know what those two songs are that are blackened.

Yep, but that's impossible to make out, since we don't have the original list which you could hold against a light source or something.

That's the list I meant, BTW. Did have a couple more than I remembered, but basically it's all albums tracks plus the ominous two...

Are that balls next to "If that's what it takes"? :-D

Rdkopper 07-08-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1225994)
The Wikipedia article for Runaway claims that it had a b-side called "2 Hours Later", but I cannot find any proof anywhere that a song by that name exists. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Great research... I have all Bsides and that's not one of them.... I'll hold off on this one for now...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Faceman 07-08-2017 02:14 PM

Is it possible that this B-side refers to the WAPP CD and the song is the second place winner of their contest?
All single versions I know got some album tracks or live tracks as a B-side.

bonjovi90 07-08-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1225999)
Is it possible that this B-side refers to the WAPP CD and the song is the second place winner of their contest?

I don't think it's a Jovi song, but it wasn't on the WAPP record either:
http://thecorroseum.org/comps/covers...rocks-back.jpg

Rdkopper 07-08-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1225999)

That's a pretty big assumption but you could be right... (Edit. I guess not)

I always thought Jon's story was a little fabricated about how he knocked on the DJ's door etc... Even back then it really didn't work that way... There might have been a little more freedom but I think (I know) his cousin Tony had way more involvement in Jon's career than he's willing to give him credit for... and I think he's the one who got him on that independent radio station record, he's the one who got him on that Star Wars Record (although it's a complete mockery, getting your name on anything Star Wars back in 1981 was great exposure), I think Tony gave him free studio time with session musicians (getting coffee and sweeping floors does not off-set that cost) and I think it's his cousin that got him that first record deal (it's those same session musicians that played on the album and all those songs were Power Station demos)...

It wasn't until Slippery, when Jon's career blew up, that his cousin Tony wanted some ridiculous amount of compensation. This is when Jon went ballistic and cut him out of his life forever... I think they settled in court and his cousin got a large sum of money... Furthermore, this is why Jon wrote off those first two albums (probably more so the first but the second falls into that same misery because he had zero control based on the record company demands & the quick time between them)... What Jon doesn't realize is, how brilliant those albums really are...

Stranger11 07-08-2017 02:56 PM

Iīll add some titles altough I donīt know if they qualify for your list

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1225902)
For the debut album wasn't there a song called Heartbreak eyes??

or it was a song that wasnīt included on "The Powerstation years"

I did a quick look through my old list of casette tapes and found these:

- Early demos 1978 or 1979 (but I donīt know if that were actually Jonīs
songs or covers)

When midnight comes
Somewhere loving you
Go around

- Studio Rehearsals 1983 (I believe all covers + from the sound of it, these
may also be from the "Powerstation" era)

Summertime Blues
Fallinīin Love with you
Tonite
Promises
Better think twice
Higher than they say

- Was "Hush" re-recorded with the band (Itīs my Life-Single) or did Jon
actually put a solo- demo on a band single?

bonjovi90 07-08-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226002)

songs or covers)

When midnight comes
Somewhere loving you
Go around

Summertime Blues
Fallinīin Love with you
Tonite
Promises
Better think twice
Higher than they say

There's also this (supposedly) Powerstation demo I found a few years ago on a cassette:

Rdkopper 07-08-2017 03:02 PM

We could do Power Stations...Although I seriously doubt we'll ever get them, it's still fun to list them all...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Nige 07-08-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Was "Hush" re-recorded with the band (Itīs my Life-Single) or did Jon actually put a solo- demo on a band single?

From the style of playing I'm almost certain this is a solo/big dogs demo.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

It goes further than just Hush. The Crush B-sides was where the line started getting blurred (or Drive as a D.A. b-side if we're being technical) between solo and band stuff being released under the proper name.

Hush
I don't want to live forever
Stay
You can't lose at love

were all recorded by Jon with his solo band and left as is when released as Crush B-sides.

Faceman 07-08-2017 08:19 PM

Stay, too!?
I always thought this was another effort from/with Dave to write a band song.

Walleris 07-08-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1226012)
Stay, too!?
I always thought this was another effort from/with Dave to write a band song.

No, it was always a Jon solo song originally, it was only a matter of whether it was re-recorded, I would guess not based on this video, where, while the quality is inconclusive, sounds like it's the same version (half step down) as the one that was released.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2017 10:43 PM

And that's 100 percent Bobby singing backing vocals too. The phrasing of the solo is def Bobby too. Great song either way.

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

songs or covers)

When midnight comes
Somewhere loving you
Go around

Summertime Blues
Fallinīin Love with you
Tonite
Promises
Better think twice
Higher than they say

Sorry, I'm just getting to this now... All 3 titles sound familiar:
- When midnight comes
- Somewhere loving you
- Go around
I could tell you that Somewhere Loving You is not Jon and I got into the biggest fight with the guy at Bon Jovi Radio over this... It's on YouTube if you want to check it out... I can't place When Midnight Comes but i know I've crossed paths with this song before... It might have been on one of my own lists a long time ago and I might have dismissed it from being Bon Jovi too... I just can't remember the fate of that one... I got nothing for Go Around

As far as these go:
- Summertime Blues
- Fallinīin Love with you
- Tonite
- Promises
- Better think twice
- Higher than they say

Summertime Blues is a cover and although anything in Soundboard quality would be cool to own, I'm not including this one on our wish list... The vocals are horrible... I've never heard of Fallinīin Love With You or Higher Than They Say... so until someone can confirm these or even better, share them, I'm going to wait to include them too..

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 05:02 AM

Power Station songs have now been added.

Different Lady and This Time are great songs bty.

jazzsta 07-09-2017 09:06 AM

I think that in the first post, it would be good to somehow differentiate between songs that we have heard in some kind of recording and songs whose existance we know only by the leaking of some title.

BonJovi100 07-09-2017 11:13 AM

Cave Of The Hearft is Probalby Game Of The Heart ()

Elvis In Vegas - Is not from The Circle. IT's from Cross Road era.
Date of Recordation:
October 14, 1994
Entire Copyright Document:
V3039P057-058
Date of Execution:
September 13, 1994
Title:
(I saw) Elvis in Vegas; musical composition / By Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon & Desmond Child.

Summer's Gone - There is no Jon version. He only helped to make song longer.
""'Summer's Gone', the final track on 'Radio', was finished with the help of Jon Bon Jovi. "Summer's Gone" was something we wrote one verse to and then Jon Bon Jovi came by the studio one day and he called it Brian's 'My Way'. Jon collaborated with us a little on it, changing the melody in a couple of spots. He wrote some really nice verses that kind of tied it all in together. We definitely appreciated the contribution because it took it from one great verse to one great song."

It's good idea to make list songgs that we never heard and songs that we know in some kind of recordings.

Stranger11 07-09-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226019)
Summertime Blues is a cover and although anything in Soundboard quality would be cool to own, I'm not including this one on our wish list... The vocals are horrible... I've never heard of Fallinīin Love With You or Higher Than They Say... so until someone can confirm these or even better, share them, I'm going to wait to include them too..

I have all of them but just on cassette and they are far from soundboard quality. I know that Summertime blues and Higher than they say are covers but since i never heard the other 3 before Iīm not sure if the names of the songs are correct.

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1226023)
Cave Of The Hearft is Probalby Game Of The Heart ()

Elvis In Vegas - Is not from The Circle. IT's from Cross Road era.
Date of Recordation:
October 14, 1994
Entire Copyright Document:
V3039P057-058
Date of Execution:
September 13, 1994
Title:
(I saw) Elvis in Vegas; musical composition / By Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon & Desmond Child.

Summer's Gone - There is no Jon version. He only helped to make song longer.
""'Summer's Gone', the final track on 'Radio', was finished with the help of Jon Bon Jovi. "Summer's Gone" was something we wrote one verse to and then Jon Bon Jovi came by the studio one day and he called it Brian's 'My Way'. Jon collaborated with us a little on it, changing the melody in a couple of spots. He wrote some really nice verses that kind of tied it all in together. We definitely appreciated the contribution because it took it from one great verse to one great song."

It's good idea to make list songgs that we never heard and songs that we know in some kind of recordings.

Great job.... and I agree with breaking this up more..

Summers Gone will he deleted and I'll move Elvis In Vegas...

I need more fans to contribute like this

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1226022)
I think that in the first post, it would be good to somehow differentiate between songs that we have heard in some kind of recording and songs whose existance we know only by the leaking of some title.

We could... The idea behind this is for fans to provide proof that the songs actually exist through old interviews, the leaked song card from KTF, etc....

Once it's done I'll color code the songs we've heard...

bonjovi90 07-09-2017 02:50 PM

For what it's worth - I don't think any version of Cryin' physically exists since I rememer Jon mentioning that song title and then saying that "it was too sad to even leave the notebook".

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226025)
I have all of them but just on cassette and they are far from soundboard quality. I know that Summertime blues and Higher than they say are covers but since i never heard the other 3 before Iīm not sure if the names of the songs are correct.

If you still have a cassette player, record them through your phone and then just post them somewhere...

DryCounty 07-09-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226028)
For what it's worth - I don't think any version of Cryin' physically exists since I rememer Jon mentioning that song title and then saying that "it was too sad to even leave the notebook".

I like to remember that as well. I checked out my notes and I all had saved on my computer regarding the song is a quote from Classic Rock Magazine in 2002

"On the 11th we didn't write, obviously, on the twelfth we sat down to write because there was nothing else left to do - we couldn't keep watching the same newscasts and that same footage over and over again, and Richie couldn't leave, so we had to write. I remember the first lyric I wrote was “I don't want to write a song today”. I said to myself: “Write that down”! It was the way that I did when I wrote Bed of Roses and it was “Sitting here drunk...” It was in that way that you say how rotten you're feeling. And in that way I wrote a song called Crying, which isn't on the album."
- JBJ

Doesn't shed much light, but it does seem to be a very depressing song, almost My Guitar Lies Bleeding-like lyrics.

bonjovi90 07-09-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226029)
If you still have a cassette player, record them through your phone and then just post them somewhere...

I thought these early demo sessions were quite well circulated. I transferred them off a cassette tape in early 2010 and songs they contained were:
Summertime Blues
Falling In Love With You
Tonight
Promises
Better Think Twice
Stay
Another Piece of my Heart
Head Over Heels

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226031)
I thought these early demo sessions were quite well circulated. I transferred them off a cassette tape in early 2010 and songs they contained were:
Summertime Blues
Falling In Love With You
Tonight
Promises
Better Think Twice
Stay
Another Piece of my Heart
Head Over Heels

Those, yes but I've never heard if these two...

- Fallinīin Love With You
- Higher Than They Say

Is Fallinīin Love With You the Elvis song?

JackieBlue 07-09-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226034)

- Higher Than They Say

That was my first thought. "Can't Help Falling in Love"?

bonjovi90 07-09-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

- Higher Than They Say

Just checked and it was labelled on my tape like that. But it's known as "American Dream" on other versions.

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226037)
Just checked and it was labelled on my tape like that. But it's known as "American Dream" on other versions.

How about the other song?

BonJovi100 07-09-2017 10:43 PM

What about first songs from Destination Anywhere?
I remember story that someone stole bag with only copy of this album. They re-record full album again. I don't know it's that true. Maybe someone have this bag? ;D Probably there are some other b-sides.

If i remember correctly they wrote:
Crush - 60 songs
Bounce - 25
HAND - 25
TCircle - 27

Can someone check how many songs from each album we have heard?

I remember that before first Bon Jovi show in Poland i ask Obie about unrelased tracks:

First question was about New JErsey tracks. He said that almost all were leaked. I answer that they leaked in low quality and we are waiting for good quality songs. He said that after tour he will be think about it.. few months later we got NJ Anniversary ;D

My second question was about rest songs. I told him that in every session Jon said that they wrote more than 20 songs. He said that most of them were relased in Box-set and some songs are on paper not even demoed.
I said that we know about songs like Nothing, Cadillac Man or first version of This Ain’t Love This Is Live and he said if they exist he has them all.

So maybe someone has cotact with Obie? He could give us titles of unrelased songs ;> ;D

I remember that when Jon said about relasing BBridges almost of us thought that thic CD will include songs like Nothing, This Ain't Love TIL, Beautiful Day ecc.. All of them were new and we didn't know any title of them.
I think that they probably have more.

I think that they don't have many songs from 80/90 because some songs from Box-Set were finished in 2003/2004. They wouldn't work on these song if they have more finished songs. Most realistic is that they have songs wich they gave to others bands like Notorious, You're Not My Lover or Elvis In Vegas.

They probably have some songs from 2000+ era. I think we can imagine that they have 20+ songs from that years.

We also didn't include on that list songs that probalby exists with Richie on vocals (like Rosie or Never Say Goodbye). I can also imagine that some songs from Aftermath were recorded with Jon on vocals (Nowadays ecc)

Captain_jovi 07-09-2017 11:20 PM

I think the idea of Jon signing on songs from Aftermath are nill. That would defeat the purpose of a solo record.

Hmmm the Destination Anywhere bag stealing, I'm pretty sure it was a notebook that got stolen, not the early album itself. I remember some interview that Jon said he demo'd the album with the guys in 1996 in a mobile studio so that could mean demos exist of say, Richie playing on Janie...

BonJovi100 07-09-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

I think the idea of Jon signing on songs from Aftermath are nill. That would defeat the purpose of a solo record.

Hmmm the Destination Anywhere bag stealing, I'm pretty sure it was a notebook that got stolen, not the early album itself. I remember some interview that Jon said he demo'd the album with the guys in 1996 in a mobile studio so that could mean demos exist of say, Richie playing on Janie...
Rosie is one ot these songs that Richie gave to Jon and when Jon didn't used it Richie relased his own version.
I can imagine more songs from all Richie albums that were recorded with Jon on vocal as a early demos.

Becky 07-09-2017 11:35 PM

It was the notebook that was stolen and he got it back. If I remember correctly, a cleaning person had accidentally taken it.

Captain_jovi 07-10-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1226045)
Rosie is one ot these songs that Richie gave to Jon and when Jon didn't used it Richie relased his own version.
I can imagine more songs from all Richie albums that were recorded with Jon on vocal as a early demos.

Right but Jon co-wrote Rosie. He had nothing to do with 99% of Richie's solo albums otherwise.

Becky 07-10-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226047)
Right but Jon co-wrote Rosie. He had nothing to do with 99% of Richie's solo albums otherwise.

Right. Jon recording a song he didn't have a hand in writing is very rare.

bonjovi90 07-10-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226040)
How about the other song?

I didn't mention the other tune, so I can't say much about it. If I find some time I can check if it's one of the known tunes where just another line of the lyrics was chosen as the title by bootleggers.

Stranger11 07-12-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

- Higher Than They Say

Nope, itīs not Canīt help falling in love with you

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226031)
I thought these early demo sessions were quite well circulated. I transferred them off a cassette tape in early 2010

If you still have those somewhere maybe you could provide them to Rdkopper & the others cause I unfortunatly donīt have the technical possibility to share them

Rdkopper 07-12-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226134)

If you still have those somewhere maybe you could provide them to Rdkopper & the others cause I unfortunatly donīt have the technical possibility to share them

What are the lyrics in the chorus?

Nige 07-12-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226134)

I might be able to help with this....leave it with me.