Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Alphavictim 07-15-2017 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1225945)
I still believe that Jon (and Richie?) wrote "I Remember You" and "18&Life" for the first Skid Row record. These songs are a lot closer to the Jovi songwriting from that era than they are to the rest on Skid Row's debut.

18 & Life had been demoed by Skid Row before the band got signed via BJ. Baz, who the label demanded to get onboard for them to have a career, wasn't even in the band at that point. Sure, Snake and JBJ were friends before that, but I'd imagine BJ writing a track for them became more of a likely occurence after they helped them getting signed.

Not sure if Youth Gone Wild was demoed before, too, I'd have to check. But neither song is very BJ, tbh - 18 & Life is all arpeggios as far as guitar is concerned, with the trademark pentatonic licks nowhere to be found - can't think of any BJ song from the 80s being all about arpeggios. And Youth Gone Wild... VERY atypical riff, lyrics and overall feel. The chorus has gang vocals, but other than that...

Rdkopper 07-15-2017 04:43 AM

The entire album was demoed with another singer prior... Jon has always been rumored to be a ghost writer on the hits being that they are so different from the album tracks... imo, I think there was a 'ghost writer' but I don't know if it was Jon... i just think something would have came out by now if he was unless it was written within the contract... Jon did have a very big investment within that first album which was the reason for the big falling out...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Stranger11 07-15-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1226136)
I might be able to help with this....leave it with me.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226135)
What are the lyrics in the chorus?

Listening to the song a couple of times now, I´m not really sure that it has a "real" chorus. The title could also be "Falling in Love" or "I´m in Love" He sings the line "Falling in love, girl with you" just once. It´s very hard to understand cause it has a bad quality and english is not my native language.

It starts like this:
It´s kinda (don´t understand that word) it´s kinda crazy, she´s a girl, she´s my lady, she´s the one that makes all men cry,.....

Duration of the song is 1:57 min.

Rdkopper 07-16-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226212)
Thanks!

Listening to the song a couple of times now, I´m not really sure that it has a "real" chorus. The title could also be "Falling in Love" or "I´m in Love" He sings the line "Falling in love, girl with you" just once. It´s very hard to understand cause it has a bad quality and english is not my native language.

It starts like this:
It´s kinda (don´t understand that word) it´s kinda crazy, she´s a girl, she´s my lady, she´s the one that makes all men cry,.....

Duration of the song is 1:57 min.

Thanks... I don't know those songs... not in general population... can you post them or even just keep it simple and record them with your cell and send them?

bonjovi90 07-16-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226233)
Thanks... I don't know those songs... not in general population... can you post them or even just keep it simple and record them with your cell and send them?

It's the American Dream demo.

Becky 07-16-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226202)
The entire album was demoed with another singer prior... Jon has always been rumored to be a ghost writer on the hits being that they are so different from the album tracks... imo, I think there was a 'ghost writer' but I don't know if it was Jon... i just think something would have came out by now if he was unless it was written within the contract... Jon did have a very big investment within that first album which was the reason for the big falling out...

Jon has publicly said he wrote songs for Skid Row (when asked about writing for other artists), but he's never been credited on their albums. Draw your own conclusions.

Rdkopper 07-17-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1226236)
Jon has publicly said he wrote songs for Skid Row (when asked about writing for other artists), but he's never been credited on their albums. Draw your own conclusions.

I don't ever remember him saying that exactly... I remember him saying that he stopped by something but not sure what and where....

Thinny 07-19-2017 06:45 PM

Yeah, I don't ever remember hearing Jon saying that either.

BonJovi100 07-20-2017 08:19 AM

There is video from recording Crush in which Jon is dviring by car. Near Bach (or someone else) house he told that there we wrote "18 and life".

Rdkopper 07-20-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1226305)
There is video from recording Crush in which Jon is dviring by car. Near Bach (or someone else) house he told that there we wrote "18 and life".

Yep, that's the one... it's probably on YouTube somewhere... from my recollection Jon doesn't flat out say that he wrote 18 and life...or any song for that matter...

Becky 07-20-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226242)
I don't ever remember him saying that exactly... I remember him saying that he stopped by something but not sure what and where....

You should not assume you and I have seen/heard/read all the exact same things. I do recall him saying exactly that he had written songs for Skid Row. It stuck out to me because I knew he had not been credited on their albums.

DryCounty 10-09-2017 10:48 PM

Thought I'd go for this thread instead of starting a new one.

I decided to have a little demo/outtake night and went through album for album to listen though some gold (and some shit tbh).

I've always been very confused when it comes to demos recorded in 1983 for the first album. Mainly because it's hard to seperate some songs if they are from very early Bon Jovi sessions or Power Station sessions. Most, or even all of them are pretty poor songs and at some places they are listed as early Bon Jovi sessions and at some places Power Station demos. I just don't think any of those songs sounds like Bon Jovi. Anyone know for certain?
It's about the following songs:

American Dream | Broke My Heart | Better Think Twice | Heartbreker | Head Over Heels (the rehersal demo) | Promises | Stay | Tonight

My guess is that most of those aren't Bon Jovi because the backing vocals mainly deosn't sound like the band at all, but if someone knows it would be intersting to know which is Bon Jovi and which is not.

9Songs4U 10-13-2017 06:56 PM

Hi Guys! I'm new here! I'm listening Bon Jovi since 2015 so I'm a noob, I see a lot of tittles that are completely unknown and is there anyway you could share them with me please? via torrent or PM I would really appreciate it:p

Captain_jovi 10-13-2017 07:15 PM

Hey! Welcome to the board.

A heads up, sharing files on the board is against the rules for legal reasons. A lot of those songs are available in public places and some of them have never been leaked. I hope this helps.

Rdkopper 10-13-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1229577)
Hi Guys! I'm new here! I'm listening Bon Jovi since 2015 so I'm a noob, I see a lot of tittles that are completely unknown and is there anyway you could share them with me please? via torrent or PM I would really appreciate it:p

The general rule for most boards is... not to just join to ask for handouts...

9Songs4U 10-13-2017 11:51 PM

Sorry, sorry so much! as I said I'm a noob so there are things I didn't know... however this blew my mind but at least could you specify which ones has been released?

9Songs4U 10-13-2017 11:52 PM

Thanks for clarify this to me, I'm just a noob stupid me! However if there is anyway via PM to provide some of this to me... :S

Captain_jovi 10-14-2017 12:26 AM

Honestly, you're better off asking which songs specifically, there's hundreds of song in this thread and I don't think anyone is going to go one by one for you. Happy to let you know what's out there and what isn't but meet us half way here.

Rdkopper 10-14-2017 12:29 AM

99.9 percent of the songs in circulation are on YouTube

9Songs4U 10-14-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229593)
99.9 percent of the songs in circulation are on YouTube

Songs like Crying, Mona Lisa, Revenge are not on the youtube But well I will be happy just getting knowledge here :p It is really hard to find Bon Jovi Material in my country, if you could reach 7800 album and The circle it will be a lot, India is not a good Bon Jovi location

9Songs4U 10-14-2017 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1229592)
Honestly, you're better off asking which songs specifically, there's hundreds of song in this thread and I don't think anyone is going to go one by one for you. Happy to let you know what's out there and what isn't but meet us half way here.

:(:(:(:(:(:( sorry for disturbing you.

Captain_jovi 10-14-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1229595)
Songs like Crying, Mona Lisa, Revenge are not on the youtube But well I will be happy just getting knowledge here :p It is really hard to find Bon Jovi Material in my country, if you could reach 7800 album and The circle it will be a lot, India is not a good Bon Jovi location

Crying is Bounce era, never left the note book. Mona Lisa was bought for an obscene amount of money on ebay and has never leaked, Revenge has never seen the light of day.

bonjovi90 10-14-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1229595)

Crying was never even recorded and to the best of my knowledge Revenge isn't around. It was only mentioned by Jon that it had been the working title of Keep The Faith.

9Songs4U 10-14-2017 02:11 PM

Thank you so much! :p I have been looking through the P2P and got some "demos" named in the name of New Jersey, Slippery When Wet and Making Magic is it the last one an none-rated Bon Jovi album and it looks like Richie is doing all the Job...

Captain_jovi 10-14-2017 03:51 PM

Right, Making Magic were the pre-production takes for Stranger in this town.

9Songs4U 10-14-2017 07:26 PM

Thank you for clarifying that in to me!

Today I have made a giant purchase via iTunes and noticed that the song "If I can't have your love" is also listed in the 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans... set and they are completely different. Also I saw a post talking about the Have a Nice Day demos but I have been unable to find them, could you give me an idea where to get it?

and finally I saw that you guys put some songs like When Midnight Comes and Somewhere loving you which belongs to the album When Midnight Comes by Surgin' and the second track is called Not Done Lovin' You

https://www.amazon.com/When-Midnight...+midnigh+comes

I hope you could help me to find the demo version of Hey God! I could only find live versions :(

bonjovi90 10-14-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1229607)
Thank you for clarifying that in to me!

Today I have made a giant purchase via iTunes and noticed that the song "If I can't have your love" is also listed in the 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans... set and they are completely different. Also I saw a post talking about the Have a Nice Day demos but I have been unable to find them, could you give me an idea where to get it?

and finally I saw that you guys put some songs like When Midnight Comes and Somewhere loving you which belongs to the album When Midnight Comes by Surgin' and the second track is called Not Done Lovin' You

https://www.amazon.com/When-Midnight...+midnigh+comes

I hope you could help me to find the demo version of Hey God! I could only find live versions :(

The demo versions of Have A Nice Day, I Want To Be Loved and Bells of Freedom are the only real different ones, plus the song Nothing. They're all on Youtube.

Jack Ponti was the head of the band The Rest back in the late 70's/early 80's and Jon was the singer of this band for a short period of time. Song songs may have been mentioned because they had written them together, like Shot Through The Heart which is on both albums.

There is no demo version of Hey God available.

9Songs4U 10-14-2017 08:47 PM

thank you guys so much for all your help! I am learning a lot to you all ;)

You are right about the Have a Nice Day demos, but they sound really bad for me to download them :(

but love you guys for all of your help

Rdkopper 10-14-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1229610)
thank you guys so much for all your help! I am learning a lot to you all ;)

You are right about the Have a Nice Day demos, but they sound really bad for me to download them :(

but love you guys for all of your help

The HAND demos aren't that bad... Nothing has some background static that is more noticeable during certain points but otherwise the rest are just fine...

And for the millionth time, Somewhere Loving You is not Bon Jovi... It's just some random dude (forgot his name) who some people think has a similar tone to Jon's... I personally think they sound nothing a like but I guess if you compare the guy to some of Jon's super early demos, I guess I could see a novice fan getting confused...

bonjovi90 10-15-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229611)
The HAND demos aren't that bad... Nothing has some background static that is more noticeable during certain points but otherwise the rest are just fine...

And for the millionth time, Somewhere Loving You is not Bon Jovi... It's just some random dude (forgot his name) who some people think has a similar tone to Jon's... I personally think they sound nothing a like but I guess if you compare the guy to some of Jon's super early demos, I guess I could see a novice fan getting confused...

To be fair some of the demo versions floating around Youtube really are sounding pretty bad.

She seems to be a new fan around here, so the "for the millionth time" comment is quite unnecessary. But of course it's correct, Somewhere Loving You has no vocals from Jon. I think the guy's called Russell Arcara.
Same with the infamous All That I Want "demo" from 2006/07. That ain't Jon either.

Alphavictim 10-15-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1229617)
To be fair some of the demo versions floating around Youtube really are sounding pretty bad.

She seems to be a new fan around here, so the "for the millionth time" comment is quite unnecessary. But of course it's correct, Somewhere Loving You has no vocals from Jon. I think the guy's called Russell Arcara.

Russel Arcara was the singer in Surgin', aka Jack Ponti's band. He consequently also did a version of Shot Through The Heart. While that album (I think Surgin' only ever did one?) sounded quite a bit like early BJ, I felt he had a way different vocal delivery. Curious.

9Songs4U 10-15-2017 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229611)

As I said: It is from the band named Surgin' and the name is Not done Lovin' You

9Songs4U 10-15-2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1229617)

Same with the infamous All That I Want "demo" from 2006/07. That ain't Jon either.

I have find some Richie Sambora songs in spanish but they sound really bad on youtube

Also, I don't find any match between Jon Bon Jovi and Mijenko Matijevic from Steelheart, I just download a bootleg where it appears the song called "She's Gone" Which is not Jon and Yeah! I'm a noob in the Bon Jovi Universe bonjovi90 :p:p:p:p:p:p But I am learning a lot from you

Rdkopper 10-16-2017 03:17 AM

Now that Jon is on Twitter, we should start pressing him for some of these titles... or better yet, get him the entire list...

9Songs4U 10-16-2017 03:47 AM

he will die!

Captain_jovi 10-16-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229663)
Now that Jon is on Twitter, we should start pressing him for some of these titles... or better yet, get him the entire list...

Jon joined Instagram, not Twitter (as far as I can tell).

Rdkopper 10-16-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1229669)
Jon joined Instagram, not Twitter (as far as I can tell).

Both!!!!!!

rolo_tomachi 10-16-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229663)

Very old songs is a waste of time, He don't give a shit, but if we could ask for recent songs that did not make the album and that is part of the era Shanks, or even the Sex Sells era, maybe.

I would be very happy with something like this:

7800:
Danger Zone
Afraid of the Night
SWW:
Deep Cuts The Knife
Too Much, Too Soon (Never Enough)
Game Of The Heart
Lonely Is The Night
NJ:
In America
Cadillac Man (Live Soundboard Recording)
KTF:
Revenge (Keep The Faith)
The Right To Walk Away (Bed Of Roses)
The Sole Truth
Skin Deep
All Wound Up
Water into Wine (In These Arms)
We're Not Lovers Anymore
Crossroad:
Only In My Dreams (Jon's vocal)
It's Only Make-Believe (Cover - Recorded In A Studio)
Elvis in Vegas(Jon's Demo)
Sex Sells/Crush:
Shadow Dancing
Someday You'll Ride Wild Horses
Life's Too Short For Days Like These
Even Bad Times Are Good Times (might be Welcome To The Good Times)
Even In Your Imagination
Good Ain't Good Enough
Sex Sells
Gimme Some (but High Quality)
Forbidden Love
Bounce:
Crying
Mona Lisa
Alone
I Watched Her Walk Away
Rumble In The House
One To Say Goodbye
HAND:
Nothing (But High Quality)
The Circle:
Just Like A Princess
I’m On My Way
Second Chances
The Ghost of a Good Thing
This Ain't Love
What About Now:
Times Like These
Shine
State of the Union
I'm Giving Me To You
This House is Not for Sale:
Rage of Angels
All We Are

Hey Jon, if you're seeing this, take note of the matter. ;)

Captain_jovi 10-16-2017 08:27 PM

It's all a pipe dream guys, I don't mean to rain on your parades but tweeting at him that we want these songs out....they've repeatedly tried to sell rare stuff for the fans and there just isn't a a (paying) audience for it.

TheOriginalJez 10-16-2017 09:47 PM

This Ain't Love became TILTIL on greatest hits and didn't we already have the demo version somewhere?