Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: American Reckoning (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70722)

faith1985 07-12-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1265484)
Could you please stop bringing your Trump propaganda any time it's possible ? We're here to talk about music.

And like many here, I don't see what's political about American Reckoning, unless considering everything in life is politics.

I am sorry for bringing in politics.

I hope American Reckoning will generate lots of money for the Legal Justice Initiative, though. 100 %. Jon is all about beeing greedy again :-D

steel_horse75 07-12-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265488)

I hope American Reckoning will generate lots of money for the Legal Justice Initiative, though. 100 %. Jon is all about beeing greedy again :-D

It won't make a dent on the charts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-12-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265488)

Curious: what is The Justice League Initiative?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

faith1985 07-12-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265493)
Curious: what is The Justice League Initiative?

https://eji.org/

It is an organization that fights for a more equal justice system. The guy who founded it is a lawyer and he has been spending a lot of time helping people on death row who are wrongfully convicted and for people to get a more humane treatment. He also wrote the book Just Mercy, which was turned into a movie

The 13th is a documantery which is on Netflix and where Bryan Stevenson (among many onthers) speak about Blacks and the justice system in the US

faith1985 07-12-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265490)
It won't make a dent on the charts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The download will generate money and the song will be on the album. So it might generate some.

GabrielC 07-12-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265400)
Aloha !

Yes, your standards have been horribly lowered. You're making up excuses as to why you think you should like it. That step in the right direction is mentioned every time Jon changes something up that's supposedly better.

The heavy guitars on Bounce were a step in the right direction. And no weak ballads on Have A Nice Day were a step in the direction. And the production on Lost Highway was a step in the right direction. And the absence of country songs on The Circle were a step in the right direction. The production on What About Now were a step in the right direction.

Jon's taken so many steps in the right direction he ought to be there by now but for every step in the right direction he still takes two backwards.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sorry Seb, but I don't think anybody ever said that about the production in WAN.

Rdkopper 07-12-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1265501)
Sorry Seb, but I don't think anybody ever said that about the production in WAN.

I don't think anyone has ever said that something was a step in the right direction period. He makes up his own theories.

thesedays2014 07-12-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1265319)
Aloha !

I think it's the first decent song in years. It's clear there's no band behind him anymore to help with the arrangements though. It's a shame the music's not allowed to breathe more, the harmonica solo could break things open but it doesn't. It's why songs produced like this are forgettable, the arrangement isn't surprising or entertaining enough to keep me listening and wanting to hear it again. The chorus isn't that great with your usual "stay alive, stand your ground" nonsense that needs to be in every Bon Jovi song. I've also got a hard time listening to Jon sing on studio records, the way he pronounces some words sound like he's had a stroke at times. Overall, still not bad and it sounds a lot more honest than drivel like Knockout.

6/10

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Were you drunk when you wrote this Seb? Lot of sense in your post, that’s why I ask 😹. Bit strange how you like this one with the same ‘let’s jump on the social-political bandwagon’ but listenable acoustic type song though...what makes this one more ‘decent’ than Unbroken, or let’s go further back...Not Running Anymore or other Stand up Guy stuff?
I’m liking it by the way...it’s listenable. Pretty bad lyrics (as usual), but nice music: 6/10 too

Captain_jovi 07-13-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265504)
I don't think anyone has ever said that something was a step in the right direction period. He makes up his own theories.

Loads of people here pinpoint something being a step in the right direction. Hell, even YOU said THINFS is a step in the right direction.

GabrielC 07-13-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265504)

No, you are wrong. The other points lots of people said were a step in the right direction. I just never saw anyone praising the production of What About Now, that's all.