Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

C'monFeet 01-19-2010 03:30 PM

Seeing BFS @ Birmingham Academy. Like 10 years ago, I enjoyed their first album. Got my brother into them and ever since he's been such a geek about them... Never listen to them day-to-day, but they do put on a good show. A lot of fun.

Just booked for Henry Rollins spoken word show on Saturday.

mo_rizwan 01-19-2010 05:21 PM

Bon Jovi - O2 Arena: 7 & 22 June (will be getting final night soon) :)

Chica Guacamole 01-21-2010 11:20 PM

Paolo Nutini (again) next month in Glasgow. First time going to a gig at King Tut's, the friend I'm going with is getting rather excited by this for some reason.

Goldsausage 01-29-2010 03:51 PM

Amy Macdonald at Colston Hall, Bristol on the 3rd April :D At last.

I've never been to a female arist's gig before :o And Amy Macdonald's a great one to start it off.

Maybe one day Marion Raven will tour here too <_<

jungleland 01-29-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 967447)

Maybe one day Marion Raven will tour here too <_<

Whatever happened to her. The last album was amazing and she is eye candy. Sadly she had no success......

Chica Guacamole 01-30-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 967447)
Amy Macdonald at Colston Hall, Bristol on the 3rd April :D At last.

I've never been to a female arist's gig before :o And Amy Macdonald's a great one to start it off.

Maybe one day Marion Raven will tour here too <_<

Same! Going to her shows in Inverness and Edinburgh in March. Was just going to go to Inverness, but I couldn't miss the chance to see her in my adopted hometown :)

Saw her UK album launch gig on Thursday- was a really great night, the setlist was mostly songs off her new record which all sounded great. Roll on March 8th so I can hear it in full :D

Goldsausage 01-30-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 967604)
Same! Going to her shows in Inverness and Edinburgh in March. Was just going to go to Inverness, but I couldn't miss the chance to see her in my adopted hometown :)

Saw her UK album launch gig on Thursday- was a really great night, the setlist was mostly songs off her new record which all sounded great. Roll on March 8th so I can hear it in full :D

Nice :D I just listened to her new single yesterday and I really liked it. Looking forward to the album and the gig :D

ALSO I got standing tickets and I'm gonna make sure I'm at the front of this damn thing.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-30-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 966492)
Paolo Nutini (again) next month in Glasgow. First time going to a gig at King Tut's, the friend I'm going with is getting rather excited by this for some reason.

I miss tut's :'-(

Sounds like a cool show. Make sure you get there early because the room is a bit strange. It's kind of 2 small rooms opened up in the middle with the stage on the side wall of one so if you turn up late you'll end up not able to see or hear very well.

C'monFeet 01-30-2010 04:08 PM

Killing Joke
Miles Hunt (The Wonderstuff)

Chica Guacamole 01-30-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 967630)
I miss tut's :'-(

Sounds like a cool show. Make sure you get there early because the room is a bit strange. It's kind of 2 small rooms opened up in the middle with the stage on the side wall of one so if you turn up late you'll end up not able to see or hear very well.

Thanks for the advice- my friend and I always make sure we turn up stupidly early for gigs for that very reason. Thursday at the Barrowlands we were there at 5pm when the doors didn't open til 7pm- just as well, there were already about ten people there at that time and the queue soon built up!

And Oli- you better get right at the front, me and my pal ALWAYS get front row centre at her gigs and it will make us feel all warm and tingly inside that there is a kindered spirit occupying our spot at the gig :) Just don't spend all of the show trying to look up her dress;)

Goldsausage 01-30-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 967650)
And Oli- you better get right at the front, me and my pal ALWAYS get front row centre at her gigs and it will make us feel all warm and tingly inside that there is a kindered spirit occupying our spot at the gig :)

I promise :D

Quote:

Just don't spend all of the show trying to look up her dress;)
I can't promise :D

Yvonne 02-05-2010 07:15 PM

Good old Bon Jovi at the o2... 11th & 13th!

milomom 02-05-2010 07:35 PM

Daughtry on June 5 at the arena around the corner. :D

Yvonne 02-05-2010 10:13 PM

Bon Jovi again at the o2 opening night :)

Kathleen 02-05-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 968768)
Bon Jovi again at the o2 opening night :)

Nice - I envy you that one.

Yvonne 02-05-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 968779)
Nice - I envy you that one.

:) I am buying no more yet... well I am awaiting the full list so I can go to the closing night, who knows when that will be.

mo_rizwan 02-06-2010 06:33 PM

I have a ticket for the 22nd, and I don't want it anymore :(

Anyone want it?

Yvonne 02-11-2010 01:00 AM

Editors, woooooooooooooo yeah!

Sambo-Chris 02-16-2010 01:24 AM

Green Day on May 30 in Hanover.

Lady_Luck 02-17-2010 08:54 PM

I'm not paying to see them but...

The Black Box Revelation on March 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeEv...ayer_embedded#

Kelly Clarkson on February 21
Of course for her it's because it's free and I'm curious. But who knows, I might spend a good evening ;)

Lady_Luck 02-26-2010 09:35 PM

Thirty Seconds To Mars on Monday. I don't know what to expect and I don't really like their current album but I'm invited so...we'll see!

jungleland 02-26-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Luck (Post 974364)
Thirty Seconds To Mars on Monday. I don't know what to expect and I don't really like their current album but I'm invited so...we'll see!

Me either - some strange tracks and the same choirs in EVERY song suck badly. Hard to recreate live . Wonder how that will be.

eddie73 02-26-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady_Luck (Post 974364)
Thirty Seconds To Mars on Monday. I don't know what to expect and I don't really like their current album but I'm invited so...we'll see!

This is War is the worst album i have heard in a long time, beuitiful Lie however is ****in ace

Lady_Luck 02-26-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 974379)
This is War is the worst album i have heard in a long time, beuitiful Lie however is ****in ace

Thanks for letting me know, I just dowloaded it. I can already say that I prefer A Beautiful Lie than This Is War. I will listen to it this weekend so maybe I will enjoy the show a bit more. And the video for the song A Beautiful Lie is really great.

Panda 02-27-2010 03:32 AM

Alice cooper with Rob Zombie on the Gruesome Twosome tour.

Lady_Luck 02-27-2010 06:38 PM

I'm going to see Arid tonight. It's a Belgian band
It wasn't planned, I love surprises :D

I think it's their current single : If You Go

Irishshin 02-27-2010 07:39 PM

I went to see Mick Flannery last Tuesday, he was so fantastic. His voice is brilliant and he is a very funny guy! Almost tempted to go and see him again this Tuesday.

C'monFeet 02-28-2010 12:29 PM

Natalie Merchant

brighton84 02-28-2010 09:18 PM

KISS-Islington Academy next Tuesday....cant wait

C'monFeet 03-04-2010 10:07 AM

Flight of the Conchords

Goldsausage 03-04-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 976033)
Flight of the Conchords

Holy **** - they're doing a tour?!

I've been waiting for this moment for ages.

Miracle 03-05-2010 12:14 AM

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

milomom 03-05-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle (Post 976171)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Excellent! My show doesn't go on sale until next week.

Miracle 03-05-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 976176)
Excellent! My show doesn't go on sale until next week.

I might buy tickets next week too. This presale was a bit of a cluster**** IMO My friend and I both bought tickets and we both experienced delays with Ticketmaster - I've never had problems with Ticketmaster before so I was a bit pissed.

C'monFeet 03-05-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 976128)
Holy **** - they're doing a tour?!

I've been waiting for this moment for ages.



NME News

* NEXT STORY
* PREVIOUS STORY

Flight Of The Conchords announce UK and Ireland tour - ticket details

Duo set for dates in May

* March 3, 2010 | 0 Comments
* Flight Of The Conchords news RSS feed
* More Flight Of The Conchords news, reviews, videos and tour dates
* Post this on Twitter or Follow NME

Flight Of The Conchords have announced a UK and Ireland tour.

The duo will hit the road in May, playing across Europe. Kristen Schaal, who plays superfan Mel in the HBO series, will provide support in Dublin, Birmingham and Manchester while Arj Barker who plays the band's friend Dave will open the show in London.

The dates are:

Dublin Olympia (May 5,6)
Birmingham NIA (10)
Manchester Apollo (11, 12)
Glasgow SECC (14, 15)
London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (May 16, 17)

Ticket go on sale this Friday (March 5) at 9am. To check the availability of Flight Of The Conchords tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

C'monFeet 03-05-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 976176)
Excellent! My show doesn't go on sale until next week.

Or mine.... :)

If anyone has a presale code for New Jersey, it would be massively appreciated!

Goldsausage 03-05-2010 10:35 AM

I'd love to say I've just bought two tickets for me and my mate to see the Conchords.

BUT TICKETMASTER ISN'T LETTING ME HAVE ONE SINGLE ****ING TICKET IN ANY ****ING VENUE IN ANY ****ING SEAT.

FOR **** SAKE.

C'monFeet 03-05-2010 12:03 PM

Would never have expected Conchords to sell out quite that fast!

I have a feeling they may not have limited the size of the presale yesterday.

Goldsausage 03-05-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 976302)
Would never have expected Conchords to sell out quite that fast!

I have a feeling they may not have limited the size of the presale yesterday.

I knew they were getting pretty popular (which I was hating, mainly for this reason) but man, this is unbelievable.

I am praying that they add more dates. I will not let these guys get away from me.

C'monFeet 03-05-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 976309)
I knew they were getting pretty popular (which I was hating, mainly for this reason) but man, this is unbelievable.

For me, they sold out when they got that Radio 4 show. ;)

Last time I saw them was an audience of 140....


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.