Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Are You Glad Lost Highway has been a Sucess??? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41461)

Neurotica80 07-01-2007 12:41 PM

Are You Glad Lost Highway has been a Sucess???

I'm just thinking now that they had their first number one album since NJ in the US, will LH be a benchmark for future albums??? As much as I love it, I hope not. I don't want every other BJ record to sound "countryfied" (is that a word??!).

jerzey-star 07-01-2007 01:16 PM

I'm happy. I love the album and they deserve it. Sweet as if it's a benchmark for the next, it means we'll get some more quality tracks.

Alphavictim 07-01-2007 01:33 PM

I'm not judging any nation, but the fact that LH went to #1 and KTF did not speaks volumes :P

dianebonjovi 07-01-2007 02:34 PM

I'm glad Lost Highway has been a success, but for us fans it could mean more demand for concert tickets. And since supply/demand determines price, tickets prices could skyrocket making it almost impossible for a geographically-challenged fan (i.e. me) to be able to afford to travel to see a concert.

Other than that, I'm thrilled for Bon Jovi that they are having this success at this point in their music careers.

† ÀžžÀ † 07-01-2007 02:42 PM

I'm delighted. The album is a collection of good crafted songs and deserves recognition. I would not be too disapointed if they continued the new country theme. Then again, I'm a big Keith Urban fan, and maybe that's why.

Butters 07-01-2007 03:55 PM

I can't help but be delighted for them. 24 years into their career to still be achieving this level of success is astonishing and it will keep the band going strong for years to come.

Now much more important to me is creative success then commercial success. I feel Lost Highway is a great success creatively. I'm not so sure, despite what he says, that creative success is more important then commercial success to Jon. So while I'm happy they're still doing so well, and I'm happy with the album, I really don't want to see them staying in the country market, and I would rather not hear a steel guitarist out on tour with them.

By all means grow creatively and try other things but please don't go repeating yourselves again and again just to try and find success, something they have been guilty of in the past.

In the end it's too soon to tell if I'm truly happy. If Lost Highway turns out to be a successful diversion into another market and they get back to proper rock music on their next album then fantastic, if this causes them to semi-permanently go country then I'll be very uspet with the success of this record.

SmirkSteve 07-01-2007 04:21 PM

It got to #2 in the UK and we are not a nation that is particularly known for its love of Country music which means it got to #2 by merit of simply being a great Bon Jovi album.

As a long time fan of the band I'm happy for any success that comes their way - the more success they get the longer they'll keep writing and performing which is all I want.

I also really like the album, live it was superb with songs such as Any Other Day sounding amazing.

allmike 07-01-2007 05:11 PM

I'll be happy if i like this album after few months.. not saying i like it as of now.. i only listen to one song at a moment. Til then i'm happy to have TD and KTF

Richie Bongiovi 07-01-2007 05:26 PM

im not

for a country record its good

but its not bon jovi

Kathleen 07-01-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 760270)
I'm not judging any nation, but the fact that LH went to #1 and KTF did not speaks volumes :P

That's easy to say - and yes I prefer KTF also. BUT - you have to keep in mind that the times - and the music styles - are different now than they were in 1992.

Perhaps this was just the perfect time to release an album such as this. Just because it's a #1 album doesn't mean that it's their best work. Likewise just because KTF (and These Days) didn't sell as well in the 90's in this country, doesn't make them their worst albums. Sometimes marketing and quality of music have nothing to do with each other.

Kathleen